Virginia votes to abolish Death Penalty

There is a very thin line of explanation on how one would oppose frying a few miserable souls a year, yet think it is ok to abort a mil give or take.
Easily makes sense to someone who recognizes it is the mother's choice and she is more important. It might be hard for you. But that's because you believe differently.
I could give a rats ass what some woman wants to do with her potential offspring. Ain't none of my GD business. Abortion is legal so be it................But one must answer for everything in the end know matter what the hell ya did

my thought was valid because there is a high degree of double standard
Nah, religious nonsense.

One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.
I believe it costs about 4 million in appeals before Sparky is called to action. I believe the average prisoner costs a million for 30 yrs. Fuck them, let them rot for life.

I don’t care what it costs
The Death Penalty is barbaric
It is also a deterrent. Now go tell your Islamic friends.

Very true
The only ones in the world who support the death penalty are muslim extremists, China, India and US Republicans
I also figure that spared inmates for life will do some positive for other inmates if they so chose to do.

One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.
I believe it costs about 4 million in appeals before Sparky is called to action. I believe the average prisoner costs a million for 30 yrs. Fuck them, let them rot for life.

Ahh yes. So you would support cop killers, kiddie diddlers and other lowlife scumbags rather than the victims of the crimes?

California still has the death penalty. You're such a rube.
Hasn‘t used it in decades

Jesus Christ you're dumb...

Do you ever get tired of being wrong, you fucking rube???
So, 15 years.

Yes, or "decades" if you're a retard like rightwinger
Well, to be fair, that is plural. If you want to get technical. But that's my math degree talking.
Life is nothing but the Derivative of The Constant when you really think about it all.
I have no idea what that means. Life is zero?
100 years from now no one will know we ever existed. We will be zero memory. I was just using a math concept for you

There is a very thin line of explanation on how one would oppose frying a few miserable souls a year, yet think it is ok to abort a mil give or take.

I respect whatever you believe, but the above thought needs a lot of thought on justification for both ends.

Watch this folks............lol
WE MUST PRESERVE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WHO DO TERRIBLE, AWFUL THINGS -- BUT IT'S OKAY TO KILL THE MOST INNOCENT HUMANS POSSIBLE

The Satanic left is apocalyptic about executing a serial killer but has NO PROBLEM killing babies.

So, 15 years.

Are you always so anal?
Off the top of my head I said California hasn’t executed someone in decades and it turns out to be 15 years.

My point remains valid. It has been a long FUCKING time since California executed someone. Thirteen in 40 years

That was actually your second lie. Your first was the lie you told that the only states with the death penalty are "red states". When I called you out on that one, then you lied again about California's execution history. You're a liar.

So, 15 years.

Are you always so anal?
Off the top of my head I said California hasn’t executed someone in decades and it turns out to be 15 years.

My point remains valid. It has been a long FUCKING time since California executed someone. Thirteen in 40 years

That was actually your second lie. Your first was the lie you told that the only states with the death penalty are "red states". When I called you out on that one, then you lied again about California's execution history. You're a liar.

California has an informal freeze on the Death Penalty
You are an anal SOB aren’t ya?

We don't apply the death penalty fast enough. The costs come from appeals. No appeal no extra costs.

The ones who could be executed immediately after the trial are the ones who killed because they like killing. There is simply no reason for these people to live. They will never be rehabilitated. They will always be a danger to those around them. Don't waste time.

So, 15 years.

Are you always so anal?

California has an informal freeze on the Death Penalty
You are an anal SOB aren’t ya?
He just has to take his little perceived victories where he can get them. Which, apparently, don't even come easy for him on anonymous right wing armpit message boards.

if criminals still had an umbilical cord attached to them the democrats would have a death chamber on every street corner .

I respect whatever you believe, but the above thought needs a lot of thought on justification for both ends.

Watch this folks............lol
WE MUST PRESERVE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WHO DO TERRIBLE, AWFUL THINGS -- BUT IT'S OKAY TO KILL THE MOST INNOCENT HUMANS POSSIBLE
The gist of it all right there. Their argument is something with a heart beat ain't alive........................Dr Frankenstein would not think so.

Ahh yes. So you would support cop killers, kiddie diddlers and other lowlife scumbags rather than the victims of the crimes?
They just let out the thug in NYC that beat an old lady up. That should answer that one quick.

You make it sound as though the death penalty (which is a good thing, by the way) is gasping its last breaths. Nothing could be further from the truth.

28 states currently have the death penalty (that includes Virginia). Three idiot Governors have imposed moratoriums in their states (California, Pennsylvania and Oregon), but the death penalty is still on the books in those states...

The only way I would support the death penalty is if a higher standard than reasonable doubt is applied to capital cases.

IMO if the state is going to kill a person there should be no doubt that he committed the crime.

You make it sound as though the death penalty (which is a good thing, by the way) is gasping its last breaths. Nothing could be further from the truth.

28 states currently have the death penalty (that includes Virginia). Three idiot Governors have imposed moratoriums in their states (California, Pennsylvania and Oregon), but the death penalty is still on the books in those states...
Slowly disappearing in the US and around the world
It is archaic

1614182860234.png

They just let out the thug in NYC that beat an old lady up. That should answer that one quick.
There is a difference. To blacks old people are legitimate prey.

6 In July 2018, there were 2,738 inmates on death row. 7 That's almost $3 billion additional expense than if they had all been sentenced to life in prison instead.
Comparing the Costs of Death Penalty vs. Life in Prison

There are some problems with the information in that link.

For instance:

"First, the prosecution must go through a preliminary hearing. It’s looking to see if enough evidence exists to convene a grand jury."

That's quite true. I'm pretty sure it does that for any murder case, though, regardless of the punishment being sought.

"The jury selection process for a capital case is more complex than for a non-capital case. Each juror must be able to consider the evidence and render the death sentence, if warranted."

And a jury would need to decide whether or not someone should go to prison for the rest of his life. As in a capital case, each juror must be able to consider the evidence and render a verdict. No time or expense is added because it's a capital case...

"Another reason for the overall additional cost is that capital trials automatically receive an appeal at the state appellate courts. However, before an appeal is filed, many defendants issue a motion for a new trial, delaying things further."

This also happens in non-death penalty cases with great frequency...

"In 2018, the state had 69 death row inmates. The average length of time on death row was 16.3 years. More than one-third had served more than 20 years. It costs the state $56,000 a year per inmate just to pay for staffing, seven times more than the cost to staff a trustee camp for minimum security inmates."

This compares the cost of a death row inmate to that of a minimum security inmate. That's stupid, because someone convicted for murder isn't going to be in a trustee in a minimum security facility...

"Death row inmates incur more health care costs, too. The average length of time waiting on death row is 15 years. In California, it can be 20 years. As a result, death row inmates are older on average than the general prison population. That leads to higher health care costs that come from age-related illnesses."

This is so retarded it's almost funny. They want you to believe that, because an inmate's time on death row can be up to 20 years, that it costs more to care for them because they're older. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but they're going to grow older if they're serving life without parole. Someone who's 75 years old on death row isn't going to be any worse off than someone who's 75 years old but in general population...

"The debate over whether or not to abolish the death penalty often centers around morality or its effectiveness in preventing crime. But the cost is another relevant factor."

We can argue the morality of it 'til we're blue in the face, but make no mistake: the death penalty shouldn't be a deterrent to crime, it should be a punishment for it...

"Because of its severity, death row and execution costs are an economic burden on government budgets. It's more cost-effective to commute death penalties to life imprisonment sentences without parole."

Having already addressed the issue of age, I've demonstrated how this is a specious argument. Inmates will age and require care regardless of what cell block they're on. Those on death row just won't need it for as long...

Why is the death penalty bad?

Forum List

Back