Virginia votes to abolish Death Penalty

What is the Saudi recidivism rate for murder?
Based upon this chart, it looks like the Saudi system works far better than ours to reduce crime.

STATSaudi ArabiaUnited StatesHISTORY
Burglaries0.1
Ranked 5th.
Ranked 9th. 7144 times more than Saudi Arabia
Crime levels23.41
Ranked 79th.
Ranked 30th. 2 times more than Saudi Arabia
Drugs > Annual cannabis use0.3%
Ranked 21st.
13.7%
Ranked 1st. 46 times more than Saudi Arabia
Drugs > Opiates use0.01%
Ranked 14th.
0.57%
Ranked 3rd. 57 times more than Saudi Arabia
Justice system > Punishment > Capital punishment (last execution year)2,014
Ranked 1st. The same as United States
Ranked 1st.
Murder rate0.95
Robberies2.9
Ranked 10th.
Ranked 10th. 50 times more than Saudi Arabia
Total crimes84,599
Ranked 48th.
11.88 million
Ranked 1st. 140 times more than Saudi Arabia
Total crimes per 10003.88
Ranked 71st.
Ranked 22nd. 11 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Gun crime > Guns per 100 residents35
Ranked 6th.
Ranked 1st. 3 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Intentional homicide rate1.04
Ranked 86th.
Ranked 7th. 5 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murder rate265
Ranked 59th.
Ranked 9th. 49 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murder rate per million people10.23
Ranked 108th.
Ranked 43th. 4 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murders265
Ranked 59th.
Violent crime > Murders per million people10.23
Ranked 108th.
Yes, killing criminal reduces recidivism. That's not really a brilliant point.

What is the Saudi recidivism rate for murder?
Based upon this chart, it looks like the Saudi system works far better than ours to reduce crime.

STATSaudi ArabiaUnited StatesHISTORY
Burglaries0.1
Ranked 5th.
Ranked 9th. 7144 times more than Saudi Arabia
Crime levels23.41
Ranked 79th.
Ranked 30th. 2 times more than Saudi Arabia
Drugs > Annual cannabis use0.3%
Ranked 21st.
13.7%
Ranked 1st. 46 times more than Saudi Arabia
Drugs > Opiates use0.01%
Ranked 14th.
0.57%
Ranked 3rd. 57 times more than Saudi Arabia
Justice system > Punishment > Capital punishment (last execution year)2,014
Ranked 1st. The same as United States
Ranked 1st.
Murder rate0.95
Robberies2.9
Ranked 10th.
Ranked 10th. 50 times more than Saudi Arabia
Total crimes84,599
Ranked 48th.
11.88 million
Ranked 1st. 140 times more than Saudi Arabia
Total crimes per 10003.88
Ranked 71st.
Ranked 22nd. 11 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Gun crime > Guns per 100 residents35
Ranked 6th.
Ranked 1st. 3 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Intentional homicide rate1.04
Ranked 86th.
Ranked 7th. 5 times more than Saudi Arabia
Violent crime > Murder rate265
Ranked 59th.
Violent crime > Murder rate per million people10.23
Ranked 108th.
Violent crime > Murders265
Ranked 59th.
Violent crime > Murders per million people10.23
Ranked 108th.
Sure beheadings work wonders
So do Bone Saws

One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.
Last year there were 11 elocutions in the US, down from 80 in 2000. There were 20 sentences of death down from 315 in 1996. The cases have just become to expensive and the likelihood of conviction is too low. The last figures I saw was 1.26 million dollars from investigation to execution. The cost of life imprisonment is less than half of that.

Last year there were 11 elocutions in the US, down from 80 in 2000. There were 20 sentences of death down from 315 in 1996. The cases have just become to expensive and the likelihood of conviction is too low. The last figures I saw was 1.26 million dollars from investigation to execution. The cost of life imprisonment is less than half of that.

I just read last night it costs > $500,000 to house one inmate at Riker's Island for one year.

The answer was yes.
To the question you posed, not mine
That's 4 times now.
yes, it is now 4-0 in terms of your answer(s), as you can see the number of times you answer a different question than the one asked matters little if anything at all.
Seriously, put down the Crack pipe, son. You're acting like a deranged toddler.
Wouldn't it be easier to just answer the question than go down ^this/that^ road

Yes, I directly answered yes to your question. 5th time. Let's review:

Q: "Is painless execution cruel"

A: "yes"
Now that's how ya do that!
For fuck's sake,
At least ya didn't go flying off the handle like me :abgg2q.jpg:
make whatever point you were going to make before we all grow long, white beards.
I already made that point...'when it comes to "cuel and unusual" punishment you enter into an arena where defining it, opinions and semantics make it a long and drawn out process'

At least ya didn't go flying off the handle like me
I didn't. I gave you the patience reserved for toddlers. But even that has a limit.

when it comes to "cuel and unusual" punishment you enter into an arena where defining it, opinions and semantics make it a long and drawn out process'
That's what we are attempting to discuss. The topic at hand isn't "a point". We make points about the topic.

We also need to discuss how much cruelty we will bear. Some people believe human sacrifice is unseemly, for a modern, liberal society. I can see that side, too.

I didn't. I gave you the patience reserved for toddlers. But even that has a limit.

That's what we are attempting to discuss. The topic at hand isn't "a point". We make points about the topic.

We also need to discuss how much cruelty we will bear. Some people believe human sacrifice is unseemly, for a modern, liberal society. I can see that side, too.
LUNCH!

While the DP is irrelevant - so rare that it is a joke - the important thing is that VA appears to be killing it (play on words fully intended) by "democratic" means, rather than having some jag-off Democrat Governor simply declaring that he won't use it anymore. THAT is bullshit.

As a Conservative, I oppose the DP because it wastes money. Lock the fukker up and throw away the key.

While the DP is irrelevant - so rare that it is a joke - the important thing is that VA appears to be killing it (play on words fully intended) by "democratic" means, rather than having some jag-off Democrat Governor simply declaring that he won't use it anymore. THAT is bullshit.

As a Conservative, I oppose the DP because it wastes money. Lock the fukker up and throw away the key.
What is the number of human sacrifices that would make it worth talking about?

One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.
So McVeigh should have lived? Fuck you bleedin' hearts. Murderers deserve the needle. But it should be public. I would prefer throwing 'em to the Lions.

So McVeigh should have lived? Fuck you bleedin' hearts. Murderers deserve the needle. But it should be public. I would prefer throwing 'em to the Lions.

Max Security Prison for life

They always fight for reduced sentences for the worst.

Just wait till Biden leaves office

He will commute the Sentences of all Federal Death Row Prisoners

We can’t risk another Trump

Forum List

Back