Virginia votes to abolish Death Penalty

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.

Virginia's new Democratic majority, in full control of the General Assembly for a second year, pushed the repeal effort, arguing that the death penalty has been applied disproportionately to people of color, the mentally ill and the indigent.

"It is vital that our criminal justice system operates fairly and punishes people equitably. We all know the death penalty doesn’t do that. It is inequitable, ineffective, and inhumane,” Northam, House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn and Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw said in a joint statement after the votes.

One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.
For wearing Blackface or killing babies after they survive abortions? Or both?

California still has the death penalty. You're such a rube.
Hasn‘t used it in decades

Jesus Christ you're dumb...

Do you ever get tired of being wrong, you fucking rube???

I have never understood what motivates the hankie twisters of the world to hoard their garbage, much less pay for its perpetual upkeep.

Strange, that.

?

I believe it costs about 4 million in appeals before Sparky is called to action. I believe the average prisoner costs a million for 30 yrs. Fuck them, let them rot for life.

I have never understood what motivates the hankie twisters of the world to hoard their garbage, much less pay for its perpetual upkeep.

Does the death penalty cost more than life:

6 In July 2018, there were 2,738 inmates on death row. 7 That's almost $3 billion additional expense than if they had all been sentenced to life in prison instead.

Comparing the Costs of Death Penalty vs. Life in Prison

It’s a states rights issue.

I believe it costs about 4 million in appeals before Sparky is called to action. I believe the average prisoner costs a million for 30 yrs. Fuck them, let them rot for life.
You are correct. It's 20 years of court dates before someone gets executed. The guy who said he is pro-death penalty on the base of saving money, is incorrect.

You'll still pay for it.

?

What's your question? You either lied or you're ignorant. I'll accept either option in your case, since they're both true.

You'll still pay for it.
No. He won't. You're wrong. Your entire belief system in the death penalty saving money is wrong. I'm sorry to tell you this.

Your world belief is incorrect.

Does the death penalty cost more than life:

6 In July 2018, there were 2,738 inmates on death row. 7 That's almost $3 billion additional expense than if they had all been sentenced to life in prison instead.
Comparing the Costs of Death Penalty vs. Life in Prison

Indeed. Grant one appeal. If unsuccessful, 50 cents behind the left ear.

I don’t care what it costs
The Death Penalty is barbaric

You'll still pay for it.
No. He won't. You're wrong. Your entire belief system in the death penalty saving money is wrong. I'm sorry to tell you this.

Nonsense.

The appeal system is broken. One appeal only. If lost the sentence is carried out in a timely manner. No muss, no fuss.

?

What's your question? You either lied or you're ignorant. I'll accept either option in your case, since they're both true.
WTF are you babbling about?

You'll still pay for it.

Nonsense.

The appeal system is broken. One appeal only. If lost the sentence is carried out in a timely manner. No muss, no fuss.
No. One innocent being executed is worth 100 guilty. The system is there for a reason, to save innocent men from being killed.

Forum List

Back