Virginia votes to abolish Death Penalty

One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.
I believe it costs about 4 million in appeals before Sparky is called to action. I believe the average prisoner costs a million for 30 yrs. Fuck them, let them rot for life.

You'll still pay for it.
No. He won't. You're wrong. Your entire belief system in the death penalty saving money is wrong. I'm sorry to tell you this.

Your world belief is incorrect.

Nonsense.

The appeal system is broken. One appeal only. If lost the sentence is carried out in a timely manner. No muss, no fuss.
No. One innocent being executed is worth 100 guilty. The system is there for a reason, to save innocent men from being killed.

The alternative sentence is worse. Life in Limbo. I'd support it if it didn't penalize the taxpayers.

Last edited:
One by one we are slowly working to abolish the Death Penalty nationwide. Only the Bible Belt and a few Red States are holding out.

State lawmakers gave final approval Monday to legislation that will end capital punishment in Virginia, a dramatic turnaround for a state that has executed more people in its long history than any other.
I believe it costs about 4 million in appeals before Sparky is called to action. I believe the average prisoner costs a million for 30 yrs. Fuck them, let them rot for life.

I don’t care what it costs
The Death Penalty is barbaric
It is also a deterrent. Now go tell your Islamic friends.

California still has the death penalty. You're such a rube.
Hasn‘t used it in decades

Jesus Christ you're dumb...

Do you ever get tired of being wrong, you fucking rube???
?

What's your question? You either lied or you're ignorant. I'll accept either option in your case, since they're both true.
WTF are you babbling about?

Your repeated lies about the death penalty, and your embarrassing dodge when I pointed them out to you.

Virginia's new Democratic majority, in full control of the General Assembly for a second year, pushed the repeal effort, arguing that the death penalty has been applied disproportionately to people of color, the mentally ill and the indigent.

"It is vital that our criminal justice system operates fairly and punishes people equitably. We all know the death penalty doesn’t do that. It is inequitable, ineffective, and inhumane,” Northam, House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn and Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw said in a joint statement after the votes.
The death penalty is ineffective?

100% of the violent criminals executed do not commit any more crimes.

I personally have no problem with the death penalty. I am not a big "sanctity of human life" kind of guy. I do believe some people can do such horrible inhuman crimes that every breath they take is an abomination to mankind.

The Los Angeles district attorney is releasing death row inmates. California may have the death penalty we just don't execute anyone. We are moving in the direction of honoring the criminal and punishing the citizen.

I don’t care what it costs
The Death Penalty is barbaric
It is also a deterrent. Now go tell your Islamic friends.

Very true
The only ones in the world who support the death penalty are muslim extremists, China, India and US Republicans

Virginia has like only 2 people on death row so it isn't exactly like your dropped the prettiest fruit on the tree.

Congratulations to Virginia for executing "more people in its long history than any other."

No surprise that changing demographics have forced Virginia to now join the trend of caring about the criminal, not his/her victims.

So, 15 years.

So, 15 years.

Yes, or "decades" if you're a retard like rightwinger

So, 15 years.

Well, to be fair, that is plural. If you want to get technical. But that's my math degree talking.

So, 15 years.

Are you always so anal?
Off the top of my head I said California hasn’t executed someone in decades and it turns out to be 15 years.

My point remains valid. It has been a long FUCKING time since California executed someone. Thirteen in 40 years

There is a very thin line of explanation on how one would oppose frying a few miserable souls a year, yet think it is ok to abort a mil give or take.

I respect whatever you believe, but the above thought needs a lot of thought on justification for both ends.

Watch this folks............lol

There is a very thin line of explanation on how one would oppose frying a few miserable souls a year, yet think it is ok to abort a mil give or take.
Easily makes sense to someone who recognizes it is the mother's choice and she is more important. It might be hard for you. But that's because you believe differently.

So, 15 years.

Well, to be fair, that is plural. If you want to get technical. But that's my math degree talking.
Life is nothing but the Derivative of The Constant when you really think about it all.

Easily makes sense to someone who recognizes it is the mother's choice and she is more important. It might be hard for you. But that's because you believe differently.
I could give a rats ass what some woman wants to do with her potential offspring. Ain't none of my GD business. Abortion is legal so be it................But one must answer for everything in the end know matter what the hell ya did

my thought was valid because there is a high degree of double standard

So, 15 years.

Life is nothing but the Derivative of The Constant when you really think about it all.
I have no idea what that means. Life is zero?

Forum List

Back