Victory Garden' plant that bell and let it ring!

DNAprotection

Jan 18, 2013
cali
We are in 'war times' no matter how ya slice it, be it that our country is at war abroad or our corpsgov is at war on its own people or both etc either way it seems to make sense to start doing for ourselves and our neighbors just as past generations have done...they called it planting 'Victory Gardens' and it might be wise for us to do the same:

victory gardens

http://extension.unh.edu/Counties/Grafton/Docs/VicGarden.pdf

You Can Grow 100 Lbs of Potatoes in a 4 Ft Box

TLC Home "You Can Grow 100 Lbs of Potatoes in a 4 Ft Box"

6000 lbs of food on 1/10 acre...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NCmTJkZy0rM]6,000 lbs of food on 1/10th acre - Urban Farm - Urban Homestead - Growing Your Own Food - YouTube[/ame]

1million lbs of food on 3 acres...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jV9CCxdkOng]1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1EHuqGKU-c0]Neil Young - Homegrown live at Farm Aid II - YouTube[/ame]

I know I am an evil conservative....:eusa_shhh:

But for every row I plant for us, I plant for a woman's shelter. Teddys at Christmas, but veggies in the summer.

But for every row I plant for us, I plant for a woman's shelter. Teddys at Christmas, but veggies in the summer.

Not concerned about your 'politics' after that post because to me you are a hero plain and simple and thanks:clap2:

The EPA already has plans to do away with such private gardens. Enjoy them while you can still have them.

Not concerned about your 'politics' after that post because to me you are a hero plain and simple and thanks:clap2:

OK now I'll really screw you up :) keeeeeeeeeeeeding. :eusa_angel:

Conservative hugely fighting against Monsanto and Bayer.

Mega conservationist. Been with Ducks Unlimited since 72 I believe.

And you can't beat me on tomatoes and thru no choice of my own, I've ended up gardening in zone 2 after having been in 6,5, and 4 most of my life. Zone 2 is like lichens territory.

:lol:

One has to keep a sense of humor up here over gardening. It's pretty bad when you have a seed company tell you they won't guarantee their seeds up here. I comfort myself all winter with my seed catalogues.

I'm into heirloom. And I collect all my seeds as well.

And you can't beat me on tomatoes and thru no choice of my own, I've ended up gardening in zone 2 after having been in 6,5, and 4 most of my life. Zone 2 is like lichens territory.

One has to keep a sense of humor up here over gardening. It's pretty bad when you have a seed company tell you they won't guarantee their seeds up here. I comfort myself all winter with my seed catalogues.

To me 'politics' is little more than the intentional theater needed to keep us all diverted from whats really going on...I am 'unaffiliated' and thankful for my status lol...don't even know what 'conservative' or 'liberal' means anymore etc and dont really care because its all just dogs and pony's to me...you sound like a human being, I try to continue to be such the best I can regardless of the imposed theatrical framework that imo seeks to disconnect us from such.
Its all about one's conscience to me...and do people still use theirs etc...if they did still use their consciences they would most likely at least be gardening no matter what else was distracting them from the greater reality.
Folks who not only garden to feed themselves but to help feed others are imo truly still connected to their consciences etc and will most likely imo have better (more independent common sense type) critical thinking processes when confronting the political theater etc...glad to know folks like you are still out there.

Last edited:

To me 'politics' is little more than the intentional theater needed to keep us all diverted from whats really going on...I am 'unaffiliated' and thankful for my status lol...don't even know what 'conservative' or 'liberal' means anymore etc and dont really care because its all just dogs and pony's to me...you sound like a human being, I try to continue to be such the best I can regardless of the imposed theatrical framework that imo seeks to disconnect us from such.
Its all about one's conscience to me...and do people still use theirs etc...if they did still use their consciences they would most likely at least be gardening no matter what else was distracting them from the greater reality.
Folks who not only garden to feed themselves but to help feed others are imo truly still connected to their consciences etc and will most likely imo have better (more independent common sense type) critical thinking processes when confronting the political theater etc...glad to know folks like you are still out there.

What keeps me going is knowing every teddy bear I buy and collect all year long some baby at Christmas is going to squeeze tight. Even though their whole world is falling apart, they'll have my teddy to hug. Or in summer some strawberries to eat from my garden.

Very cool...its amazing what our energy can do.
The old saying 'its the thought that counts' counts more than people probably realize imo...just think of how placebos work, thought is a hugely powerful thing on its own, but then when combined with action it can move mountains...just as you have probably moved mountains for yourself and others in your thoughts and actions rooted in conscience.
Who knows how a simple thought or gesture ripples out through its domino effect in the bigger and smaller picture's' of it all...

i've been playing around with hydroponics indoors this winter. it's worked out pretty well so far. i may try it on a little larger scale next winter

I watch the current evolution of (Crocket"s) Victory Garden on PBS from time to time and you can't go ten minutes without getting a lecture about man-made global warming. It's all about politics.

I watch the current evolution of (Crocket"s) Victory Garden on PBS from time to time and you can't go ten minutes without getting a lecture about man-made global warming. It's all about politics.

Gardening is only about politics if we allow it to be manipulated that way.
The planet has been in heating and cooling cycles from day 1, does human activity help speed up those cycles?...maybe, but at this point its irrelevant because what will be will be and no amount of us changing will change that.
It does serve as great diversion for all political 'sides' and theater though...
My local folks have allowed gardening to become a political issue and its a disaster for all who garden where I live.
I have fought for my garden numerous times in state and fed courts and only more fights to come because people have allowed for gardening to become political etc...
Just planting a seed has become political in this world according to Monsanto et al...
I just got the transcript from a ruling about a month or so ago, folks here might find it interesting so if I can figure out how to get it up here without having to type it all out I will post it.

Published on Mar 6, 2013

"Ron Finley plants vegetable gardens in South Central LA -- in abandoned lots, traffic medians, along the curbs. Why? For fun, for defiance, for beauty and to offer some alternative to fast food in a community where "the drive-thrus are killing more people than the drive-bys.""

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EzZzZ_qpZ4w#]Ron Finley: A guerilla gardener in South Central LA - YouTube[/ame]!

Funny thing about some people. They plant a couple of seeds and they think they invented gardens. People who have the room (and some that dont) have been eating home grown tomatoes and such before they invented rototillers.

yea, i have edelweiss growing next to my brocoli lol.

Funny thing about some people. They plant a couple of seeds and they think they invented gardens. People who have the room (and some that dont) have been eating home grown tomatoes and such before they invented rototillers.

Kind of a bizarre comment whitehall?
I dont think anyone alive today thinks they 'invented' gardens or gardening.
I do though think that its not a very 'funny thing' that some corporations assisted by gov would love for us all to forget anything and everything about gardens and gardening etc.
Funny how some folks cant see beyond their own mind filters

Liar. You are a sweet conservative. And everything you just said about Monsanto and Bayer and heirlooms and saving seeds exemplifies the finest... ah, fruits of conservatism and its merits. Would that more of your political pretend fellow travellers could grok that as you do.

An "evil" conservative would be Whitehall :p

I do though think that its not a very 'funny thing' that some corporations assisted by gov would love for us all to forget anything and everything about gardens and gardening etc.

Maybe a little bit out of line. I apologize for that. I have 90 acres and I guess I get a little smug about people who have to fight for every foot of dirt. My wife and I have an efficient recycle schedule. We burn paper stuff in an outdoor stove that also helps heat the house. Plastic and metal go to the county recycle center. Food scraps go to the dogs or chickens and chicken litter goes in the garden. I dig the beds by hand every year but the crazy spring we are having has set us back almost a month.

Maybe a little bit out of line. I apologize for that. I have 90 acres and I guess I get a little smug about people who have to fight for every foot of dirt. My wife and I have an efficient recycle schedule. We burn paper stuff in an outdoor stove that also helps heat the house. Plastic and metal go to the county recycle center. Food scraps go to the dogs or chickens and chicken litter goes in the garden. I dig the beds by hand every year but the crazy spring we are having has set us back almost a month.

I hear ya, much of the same weather issues where I am as well and it seems to be effecting everything.
I don't have that much land by any means (wish i did though) but we are still behind as well.
Most of my metal gets reused by me usually...actually i tend to reuse or remake anything i can get my hands on lol...can't see the point in buying stuff all the time etc.
You must have a good seed collection I'm guessing?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back