Vegetables

I think your avatar needs to lay off the fried okra and throwed rolls and eat more fruits and veggies........................:eek:

A deal is a deal. :lol:

On the plus side, when some little ankle biting troll irritates me I can always just offer to sit on their lap. :eusa_angel:

I hear ya, do you think I love looking at dead animal flesh on my avie? :eek:

I had some "big girl" sit on me my freshman year in college because she was mad at me.

I was like, "WTF?"

When you know you're big enough to use sitting on somebody as a weapon, it's time to hit the gym!

I never thought of baked beans as a "vegetable". They're starch and protein with bacon. Not that there's anything wrong with that, anything with bacon is fine by me! :woohoo:

But I always make sure there's something green on that plate to go with it.

I guess it's not as bad as the folks who insist french fries are a veggie though.

Reagan said Ketchup counts as a vegetable. Who remembers that?

I remember that! LOL, funny stuff! :lol:

Actually used that Reagan veggie logic the other day when my friend came over for coffee at 5am. The night before I'd make a Peanut Butter Cup Cake. Yellow cake, with peanut butter, chocolate frosting with peanut butter. Very good, but for your health. ;)

Peanut butter for protein. Wheat for cereal. Cream, butter, and eggs for dairy/protein. LOL! Very healthy breakfast.

Ocra does taste and look wretched. I think you have to born in Dixie to eat it. Same with collard greens.

Not a fan of ocra, either. It's like snot on a plate.

:wtf:

dng_collard_greens_lg.jpg

Deep_Fried_Okra.jpg

Those are the two best vegetables!

I love corn and potatoes, but don't consider them veggies. The only cooked green veg that I like is spinach and artichokes in a cheese dip.:lol: Peas are the devil.:evil: When I was in my 20's, I went to this cool restaurant called Lambert's, in Ozark, MO, and they would put spoonfuls of fried okra on the table. Yum!!

I've been to Lambert's several times. That's the best fried okra I've had. :clap2:

The throwed rolls kick ass too.

I think your avatar needs to lay off the fried okra and throwed rolls and eat more fruits and veggies........................:eek:

:eek:
You've been there?

Lambert's Cafe III - Photo Gallery

I pretty much like all vegetables. Cooked or raw. Some don't like me though. Like brussel sprouts. Dunno why, but they make me sick. :redface:

You have to take it with these thin breads
300px-Yufka.jpg

First you put the aubergine into the bread, then squash it with a fork.
After that you put the other things into the bread.
Then you roll the bread.

If you make it in the oven, so it looks.
Just aubergine and minced meat.
BALCAN+KEBABI.JPG

The last minutes before it is baked, you put whatever you like upon it. Like tomatoes, onions, paprika. Just experiment what you anyway like.
You do not have to necessarily put these additional vegetables into oven, but if these additional vegetables are also warm it tastes better.

Drink a natural Yoghurt with it.
It was one of my favourite foods my mum cooked.

I've been to Lambert's several times. That's the best fried okra I've had. :clap2:

The throwed rolls kick ass too.

You've been there?

I pretty much like all vegetables. Cooked or raw. Some don't like me though. Like brussel sprouts. Dunno why, but they make me sick. :redface:

I haven't been to the AL location, just the ones in Sikeston and Ozark, MO. I didn't even know they had a third one in AL.

I lived in NW Arkansas for several years and traveled back and forth on Hwy 60 through MO to Southern Illinois on a regular basis - and when you can stop at Lambert's or stop at a McD's somewhere, that's not really much of a decision. :lol:

As long as we're talking restaurant veggies, none beat Lawry's creamed spinach. To die for! Heart healthy, probably not, but seriously worth it.

The minced meat you prepare this way -->

Squash 1 onion + garlic in a bowl.
The quantity of garlic is 2-3 of the middle one
800px-Garlic.jpg

Put the minced meat over it.
Now you add black pepper, salt and if you like it hot chili pepper.
Mix it all with your hands.

After you are finished you put the mixed meat into refrigerator for 1 hour.
Not the ice one, but the above.

In the meantime you cut the aubergine like in this picture
BALCAN+KEBABI.JPG

Some aubergines have a hot black outer basin. If you do not like this, put the aubergines in a bowl with water and salt for about 5 minutes. If you do this, do it before you cut the aubergines.

Now, You give both aubergine and minced meat in a baking sheet like displayed above.
The minced meat you form with your hands into a firm structure, now it is formable that way as it comes from refrigerator.
You also put oil (the one you like) into the baking sheet.
The quantity of oil is a tea glas
caybardak.jpg

If you want, you can now also give other vegetables into baking sheet, just above the aubergine and meat.
Or you put them into baking sheet the last minutes before the meal is finished.
If you use tomatoes or onions, it is best to give it into baking sheet from beginning.
Vegatables which play well with this meal are tomatoes, onion and green paprika (hot or sweet ones).
But, you can add whatever you like. Things like parsley I would not put into oven at all.

It takes about 45 minutes at +250 degrees till the meal is baked.

Last edited:
I'm going to give it a try. We love trying new things, and that looks goood and not too complicated. Thanks, ekram!

I'm going to give it a try. We love trying new things, and that looks goood and not too complicated. Thanks, ekram!

Yes, it is very easy.
It also is suited for barbeceue.

After it is baked, the inner white part of aubergines become really sludgy | plashy | slobbery. You then splash it over the bread with a fork. Preferably with the outer black - although children probably dont like the black parts.
Immature aubergines have too much bitterness. You recognize these immature aubergines by pushing slightly on it. If it is very hard, it is immature.
The perfect ones are those, which give in slightly from the finger pressure.

Last edited:

You've been there?

I haven't been to the AL location, just the ones in Sikeston and Ozark, MO. I didn't even know they had a third one in AL.

I lived in NW Arkansas for several years and traveled back and forth on Hwy 60 through MO to Southern Illinois on a regular basis - and when you can stop at Lambert's or stop at a McD's somewhere, that's not really much of a decision. :lol:

LOL True. I don't particularly like having food thrown at me though. :lol:

You've been there?

LOL True. I don't particularly like having food thrown at me though. :lol:

That's all part of the fun! Hey, I'm not the one who has to clean it up. ;)

Forum List

Back