Burgers Or Hotdogs?

Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
I guess it all depends on the cuts that you use to make it, but it kind of depends on what you are using it for as well. If I was making burgers, I would want a good cut of meat--if I was making chili or meatloaf or taco meat, maybe that wouldn't be so important.
My favorite so far for burgers is chuck roast and sirloin - 50-50 mix.

Haven't tried making sausage yet - that is the next adventure. Waiting until I'm going to smoke a pork Butt - you get two in the package at Costco. One for pulled pork - the other for sausage.

1713460405668.png

My favorite so far for burgers is chuck roast and sirloin - 50-50 mix.

Haven't tried making sausage yet - that is the next adventure. Waiting until I'm going to smoke a pork Butt - you get two in the package at Costco. One for pulled pork - the other for sausage.
My bro in law makes his own sausage and potato sausage (Scandanavian) and he does a pretty good job. He doesn't do small quantities though. Too much trouble. He makes a party of it and makes it for a number of families in the area with their help and beer. LOL

I know right? Thankfully I'm going out tomorrow but I think that I'll grab a burger instead. 😋
There is a Portuguese sausage maker in the central valley of CA that makes an AMAZINGLY GOOD hot dog but I can't remember the name of the outfit. The last time I had one, I bought the package at a store in Hilmar or Stevinson, CA. Wish I could find one that good right now. LOL

My bro in law makes his own sausage and potato sausage (Scandanavian) and he does a pretty good job. He doesn't do small quantities though. Too much trouble. He makes a party of it and makes it for a number of families in the area with their help and beer. LOL
Nice. The pork butt is about 7 lbs. I also have a vacuum sealer, so I'd freeze a whole bunch too.

You know with people talking about hotdogs so much and posting pictures of them make I might be rethinking my lunch selection tomorrow here lol

You know with people talking about hotdogs so much and posting pictures of them make I might be rethinking my lunch selection tomorrow here lol
you betta get a hot dog!!!. Road Runner- you know the song- if they catch you'll be threw. lol :D

Forum List

Back