Bidenomics: Grocery Prices Nearing 40 Percent Higher Than In 2019

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Who ya gonna believe, your lying eyes or the DNC?

40% in only 5 years? That's a bunch.

A $100 grocery haul in 2019 costs almost $140 today — nearly 40 percent more for the same common items, causing consumers to “become creative to cope” with crippling inflation.

According to a Wall Street Journal analysis of NielsenIQ data on the prices of everyday foods such as meat, vegetables, starches, and snacks, Americans are facing a dramatic increase across all categories.

But a gigillion jobs have been created!!! It's all wonderful!!!! Biden 24 baby!!! CNN forever!!!

Who ya gonna believe, your lying eyes or the DNC?

40% in only 5 years? That's a bunch.

I can't even fill the bottom of my shopping cart and stay below $100. Everything costs $4 or more. Things that cost less than a dollar 3 years ago now costs $4.95 + tax. Dollar General is going to have to change their name to Five Dollar General.

I can't even fill the bottom of my shopping cart and stay below $100. Everything costs $4 or more. Things that cost less than a dollar 3 years ago now costs $4.95 + tax. Dollar General is going to have to change their name to Five Dollar General.
What's even worse, is the price of good Bourbon has sky-rocketed.

My last trip to the market for meager supplies, $191 even the cashier was apologizing.

What's even worse, is the price of good Bourbon has sky-rocketed.

I haven't been on post in years, but I'm gonna have to start shopping at the commissary again.

i live in CT - one of the most expensive states to do so. grocery prices have consistently been declining for weeks now. are they still too expensive? they have always been ' too expensive '

Inflation: Grocery prices are plateauing, while the cost to dine out is rising at a lower rate​

Brooke DiPalma
·Senior Reporter
Tue, Mar 12, 2024 3 min read

It was a quiet month for food inflation, as overall prices remained flat compared to last month.

The cost of groceries saw another month of deceleration, with a 1.0% increase compared to last year. Prices were unchanged compared to the prior month, according to the latest inflation data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

It was a quiet month for food inflation, as overall prices remained flat compared to last month.

The cost of groceries saw another month of deceleration, with a 1.0% increase compared to last year. Prices were unchanged compared to the prior month, according to the latest inflation data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Some grocery items are dropping in price compared to January, including pork chops (down 3.4%), frankfurters (-3.8%), fresh whole chicken (-2.9%), frozen fish and seafood (-2.6%), and fresh fruits (-1.6%)

"Fruits and vegetables ... [saw] the largest decline since April of 2023" due to improvements in the supply chain, said Reed.

But costs for some categories have remained stubbornly high. Egg prices are down 17% year over year, but up 5.8% compared to the month prior. "The price of eggs today are double what they were five years ago," per Swanson. { bird flu, anyone? }

Screenshot (26).png

Inflation: Grocery prices are plateauing, while the cost to dine out is rising at a lower rate

besides, bigcorp is just fine & dandy with the record profits they made thruout the pandemic... why stop now? has anyone noticed that manufacturer coupons have all but disappeared? bringing them back would further cut into their profits.

AND the (D)s tried to pass an anti gouging bill to help address the very greed that is going on & guess what? yaaaaaaaaaa.............. it was voted down by every single (R).

Forum List

Back