USS John McCain hidden while Trump was in Japan

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral

The story is already being "walked back"

Trump Japan: White House Military Office and Navy officials emailed about moving USS John McCain before visit - CNNPolitics
Thats not a walk back...it's a confirmation....

It confirmed what? Now the story is it was some low level emails back and forth. Everyone is denying everything, and so far I have not actually seen the emails in question, even redacted from the sources.

If CNN is taking this much of a hedge, you have a pretty good indication the story will be walked back even further.

The whole story is probably Fake News.

The USS John McCain. Is that the warship that loses every battle then turns around and aims its guns at its own Navy?
You probably haven't heard of it, but lots of us care about a thing we call decency. Look it up some day if you decide to crawl out from under that rock into clear air. I'm sure you like getting it even though you can't bring yourself to give it!
but Hillary...

You lose!

She is big enough that they probably would not allow her aboard a Navy ship because it would sink under the weight.

30081F1F-26BB-47D1-9159-B729647CB4C5-962784.jpg

I never understood how people who worship Trump can make fun of anyone else's weight.

IMG_6811.jpg

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral
Can there be a bigger POS than Trump ?

Can there be a bigger POS than Trump ?

The story is already being walked back.

Trump Japan: White House Military Office and Navy officials emailed about moving USS John McCain before visit - CNNPolitics

John McCain , when alive was a rabid opponent of civil rights- voting against the MLK Holiday. Further, when he ran for President in 2008, he was considered to be Literally Hitler. McCain had a pathetic appeal to blacks , getting just half the votes from African American voters that Donald J Trump got- making him twice as racist.

I don't know why they have a ship with a name of a fascist on it anyhoo. They should rename the boat the USS Stokely Carmichael.

The USS John McCain. Is that the warship that loses every battle then turns around and aims its guns at its own Navy?

And you served in which branch of the service to defend your country?

If you are going to knock a war hero...you better damn well have at least signed up to serve your country yourself?

Why the ultraliberal disdain for America's small and medium sized cities? Not everyone wants to live in a supercity with teeming masses of homeless asking for your spare change and steaming mounds of fresh shit stacked on the sidewalks.

I am assuming you have never been to Cape Girardeau. There is not much there, but there is a nice walking tour of Rush's childhood hangouts.

I live in a city smaller than Cape Girardeau, so I have no disdain for smaller and medium sized cities, as usual your knee jerk reaction did nothing but give you a black eye.

/——/ Who cares?

I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan. Nevertheless, @FLOTUS and I loved being with our great Military Men and Women - what a spectacular job they do!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2019

The theory is that his people anticipated Trump's needs and made the request to the Navy for him.

Plausible deniability.

Still blown away that Trump can get away with the public insult he tossed at war veterans, war heroes, the captured, the maimed, the killed.

There have been myriad lows, but that one has to take the cake.
For a worthless piece of shit draft dodger like Trump it is of no surprise.

trump is petty, petty, petty, pathetic and disgusting.

a REAL conservative!

Practically every day I have to explain to my grandchildren why they should NEVER say the rude and insulting things that the POS says on a daily basis!

On the other hand.....I'm positive that conservatives use trumps personal attacks and insults as examples of just how to behave!

a real hero to them......

And you served in which branch of the service to defend your country?

If you are going to knock a war hero...you better damn well have at least signed up to serve your country yourself?
Lol
Spineless McCain sang like a bird, then he became a career politician...
he will not be missed

The sad thing about this entire thing is that the USS John S McCain (DDG-56) was originally named for his father and grandfather, who were both admirals, and only in 2018, while Trump was President, was the name of Senator John McCain added as the ship's namesake.

TDS is affecting a lot of people these days.

Forum List

Back