USS John McCain hidden while Trump was in Japan

How should President Trump have responded to McCain's attacks against the people instead?
Perhaps like an intelligent, dignified adult.

That would mean either (a) simply rising above the issue, or (b) addressing it in a manner that did not insult war veterans, war heroes, the captured, the maimed, the killed, and their families.

If he lacked that capacity -- and it clearly appears that he does -- then I'd think he'd be self-aware enough to just stop talking. Evidently that's beyond him, as well.

I realize his fans will defend his behaviors to any depth, so I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You asked.

What you are suggesting is that Donald Trump be a babyface, and honor a code of conduct that his adversaries don't.

That never worked out well for McCain or Romney against Obama, it didn't work out well for a lot of Republicans. Trump didn't see that strategy of just taking it anything more than a trip to Palookaville, aka being a pathetic loser.

Actually, during the 2016 campaign, Trump told El Rushbo that his advisors told him just to take it as you are suggesting there. Trump explained it just wasn't in his blood to do otherwise.

No one knows if Trump would have still won by not responding to his opponents' slings and arrows in 2016. However, with brutal attacks like the Access Hollywood October Surprise, I don't see how Trump could have survived without attacking back.

How should President Trump have responded to McCain's attacks against the people instead?
Perhaps like an intelligent, dignified adult.

That would mean either (a) simply rising above the issue, or (b) addressing it in a manner that did not insult war veterans, war heroes, the captured, the maimed, the killed, and their families.

If he lacked that capacity -- and it clearly appears that he does -- then I'd think he'd be self-aware enough to just stop talking. Evidently that's beyond him, as well.

I realize his fans will defend his behaviors to any depth, so I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You asked.

What you are suggesting is that Donald Trump be a babyface, and honor a code of conduct that his adversaries don't.

That never worked out well for McCain or Romney against Obama, it didn't work out well for a lot of Republicans. Trump didn't see that strategy of just taking it anything more than a trip to Palookaville, aka being a pathetic loser.

Actually, during the 2016 campaign, Trump told El Rushbo that his advisors told him just to take it as you are suggesting there. Trump explained it just wasn't in his blood to do otherwise.

No one knows if Trump would have still won by not responding to his opponents' slings and arrows in 2016. However, with brutal attacks like the Access Hollywood October Surprise, I don't see how Trump could have survived without attacking back.
I know. The intellectual and behavioral level at which he communicates is very attractive to many people.

feck 'mcstain' and all those that admire him . And TRUMP , Trump is pretty good though i have some problems with him . Still , going to vote for TRUMP in about a year or so as he is more American than any others that i see Bode .

agree , i just saw TRUMP talking about the 'mcstain' ship deal on FOX Azog .

McCain was a worthless neocon. Ship should be decommissioned.
uh, yea
j5i9dcgfhxi21.jpg

you make a silly post in your post number 88 Dud as i think that TRUMP was legally and medically excused from Military Service wasn't he DMuck ??

yeah , you must be a young guy or kid making posts like your post number 88 eh DudMuck , eh ?? [chuckle]

no matter what , 'mcstain' had lots of fureign friends in imported people , illegal aliens , border jumpers , border hoppers , mexicans , 'bush familia' and most third world importeds in the USA .

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral
Turns out this is a fake story.
The WH never requested this.
Yet another false accusation by the media.

Fake News: Trump, Navy, Pentagon All Deny Claim That USS John S. McCain Was Ordered Hidden

Trump: 'I was not informed about' reported request to move USS John McCain

White House asked for USS John McCain to be 'out of sight' during Trump's visit to Japan: WSJ

The ship has been stationed at the Yokosuka Naval Base near the USS Wasp, where Trump delivered Memorial Day remarks and visited U.S. officers.

Before Trump's address, a tarp was hung over the USS John McCain's name and sailors were reportedly directed to remove any coverings that showed the ship's name. A barge was also reportedly moved near the ship to make it harder to see its name from the USS Wasp.

The Journal also reported that sailors on the ship, who normally wear caps with its name, were given the day off when Trump gave his address.

Maybe Trump officials need to be informed that the USS John McCain is not named after the Senator but his father who was an Admiral
Maybe Shanahan didn't know for whom the ship was named and feared the USS McCain would ram and sink any ship Trump was on. (-:

I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan. Nevertheless, @FLOTUS and I loved being with our great Military Men and Women - what a spectacular job they do!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2019
You really believe that pos Trump?? Really?

I believe Trump a million times mote than I believed that filthy ass lying Neggra that you stupid Moon Bats elected President or that asshole Crooked Hilary that you idiots nominated for President.

I was not informed about anything having to do with the Navy Ship USS John S. McCain during my recent visit to Japan. Nevertheless, @FLOTUS and I loved being with our great Military Men and Women - what a spectacular job they do!

The theory is that his people anticipated Trump's needs and made the request to the Navy for him.

Plausible deniability.

Trump Derangement Syndrome mental Illness causes you stupid Moon Bats come up with silly shit like that.

Turns out this is a fake story.
The WH never requested this.
Yet another false accusation by the media.

Fake News: Trump, Navy, Pentagon All Deny Claim That USS John S. McCain Was Ordered Hidden

Trump: 'I was not informed about' reported request to move USS John McCain

CNN has already removed it to the "2nd" window, and is saying the whole thing was "discussed" between Navy and White House officials.

I believe Trump a million times mote than I believed that filthy ass lying Neggra that you stupid Moon Bats elected President or that asshole Crooked Hilary that you idiots nominated for President.
Big sale at Macy's for you racist 2 white sheets for the price of one

Big sale at Macy's for you racist 2 white sheets for the price of one

That filthy ass Neggra that you stupud Moon Bats elected was the most dishonest President we ever had and that is saying a lot since the runner up was Slick Willy. Of course that dumbass bitch Crooked Hillary would have give both the Muslim and Willy a run for the money had you dimwits been successful in getting the asshole elected.

Trump is a saint compared to the any of the lying Democrats.

Forum List

Back