USMB Coffee Shop IV

We very rarely afford real maple syrup these days because it is very expensive here. We do buy raw unrefined honey and use it as a sweetener in lieu of storebought sugar laden syrup. It's also expensive but more affordable than maple syrup. I would love to see the maple sap prepared for market though.
Costco has 32 oz (I think) bottles....They've been around $12-$15 for years, though inflation has probably had its way with that price too.

IMO, worth the extra few dollars, over the HFC artificial goo.

I used to thoroughly enjoy and look forward to Saturday morning cartoons as a child.

Except for when Pepé Le Pew came on. I couldn't stand Pepé Le Pew. I didn't like anything about him. Especially his voice.

In fact, Pepé Le Pew single-handedly turned me against the French. I have no desire whatsoever to ever visit France because of Pepé Le Pew. True story...

Costco has 32 oz (I think) bottles....They've been around $12-$15 for years, though inflation has probably had its way with that price too.

IMO, worth the extra few dollars, over the HFC artificial goo.
We gave up our Costco membership years ago as the savings just didn't justify having to drive halfway across town to get to one.

I just googled it and saw this:
"The Costco Maple Syrup is Item Number 679131 and is found in the non-refrigerated grocery aisles. You can buy a 1 liter (33.8 ounce) jug of Organic Maple Syrup at Costco for $12.49. According to Mapleworx, the average price for a pint of maple syrup in 2020 was $10.80." So that isn't so bad. But because you generally use more maple syrup in recipes and on pancakes and waffles and such than you do honey, honey is still much more affordable than maple syrup for us. We use just enough honey--and it doesn't take much--to get that taste of sweet that we crave. We do get maple syrup as gifts now and then and enjoy it when we have it.

We gave up our Costco membership years ago as the savings just didn't justify having to drive halfway across town to get to one.

I just googled it and saw this:
"The Costco Maple Syrup is Item Number 679131 and is found in the non-refrigerated grocery aisles. You can buy a 1 liter (33.8 ounce) jug of Organic Maple Syrup at Costco for $12.49. According to Mapleworx, the average price for a pint of maple syrup in 2020 was $10.80." So that isn't so bad. But because you generally use more maple syrup in recipes and on pancakes and waffles and such than you do honey, honey is still much more affordable than maple syrup for us. We use just enough honey--and it doesn't take much--to get that taste of sweet that we crave. We do get maple syrup as gifts now and then and enjoy it when we have it.
My wife has quit Costco and signed up again twice. Yes dear.

We're discussing the spread of the Asian Joro Spider slowly moving westward from where they were first found in Georgia. They can get big but they're harmless and their webs can be 6 feet wide.

Someone brought up the Banana Spider which has been here in the US for a while and are venomous. Symptoms if bitten are: excess drooling, irregular heartbeat and prolonged, painful erections (priapism) in men.......

I had no idea my wife was a banana spider when we first met......... :eusa_whistle:
The web was probably hard to spot.

OMG. Where the hell have you been? I was about to put out an all points bulletin to determine your well being or lack thereof. I sure didn't know about your heart surgery or you would have been on the vigil list. I accept that folks have moved on and have real lives and other interests, but it is so good when they do check in here now and then.

I also very much miss NOSMOKING, Big Black Dog, gallant warrior, Ernie S, Peachl74, Spoonman and so many others who were once regulars in the Coffee Shop and haven't reported in for months or years. A few others aren't really active anymore but show up to say hi now and then. I fear BBD is no longer sharing his wit and humor here on Earth but hope the others are and are okay.
I'm not the report filing kind of cat.

Another great tournament in the books....Though the 4 game days seem to go on forever, The Sunday morning after still comes too soon....Still not used to the little letdown after all these years.

An institution retired this year....Been behind the mic longer than some of the grandparents of the kids playing in this year's tourney....Caddied for the guy numerous times back in the day...Via con Dios, Lou...

I used to thoroughly enjoy and look forward to Saturday morning cartoons as a child.

Except for when Pepé Le Pew came on. I couldn't stand Pepé Le Pew. I didn't like anything about him. Especially his voice.

In fact, Pepé Le Pew single-handedly turned me against the French. I have no desire whatsoever to ever visit France because of Pepé Le Pew. True story...
LOL. I didn't care for him either--though him really syrupy dumb--but I didn't blame the French for him. :)

Pity. It’s a beautiful country.
Don't take folks too seriously on this stuff expat500 as most of it will be pretty tongue in cheek. But welcome to the Coffee Shop. We're happy you found us. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in.

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage (actually it's so I can find the post again if I need to :) ) and in honor of France I'll make yours a French martini :)

1710118181035.png

Has this woman “seen the light”?

G'day. I'm 64, South-east Queensland is home. Just got out of bed. Hair unwashed 1 week. Too lazy to style and stage myself so here I am in all my unglamorous glory. Divorced eight years, living with my adult son. Always dreamed of escaping to the country and now I have....on my terms.​
I love breezy days and wind, this morning I lay in bed with the breeze brushing past my face and I felt so alive. As a young girl I dreamed of running along the windswept Cornwell clifftops, it never left me. This year in September, I'm off to England and my joggers are already packed.​
My four year old dishwasher is unused, I love handwashing dishes (am I dull)? I've owned hundreds of cookbooks in my day, given heaps away to op shops. Doesn't stop me from buying more. I cook from scratch. I make my own pastry. Watching puff pastry rise in the oven is the most exciting thing in the world.​
I love mowing the lawn, in my case paddocks, bumping along on the ride-on is so much fun......wheeee
😀
There's no power pole on my place, I live fully off-grid, tank water only, the river floods and cuts me off from the road for weeks, isolated from humans suits me just fine. My kids worry I'm too introverted these days, 'you need a social life mum'....yeah...nah...I'm good thanks​

IMG_2535.jpeg

^ Watching puff pastry rise in the oven is the most exciting thing in the world.

lol

Forum List

Back