The New York Times Sucks

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
This paper's political coverage has gotten worse every year. They clearly have editors who either want to put their thumbs on the scale, or are just incompetent, or feel a desperate need to 'both-sides' everything.

Their coverage of everything else - news events, local, culture, real estate, business, obits, world events - is still among the best. But when it comes to domestic politics, they are pathetically inept. Is it on purpose?

outraged their Leftist rag didn't bash Desantis
No, they put out a headline that implied that Biden was refusing to meet with Meatball Ron, when it was the other way around.

I realize that you're too stupid to understand this.

BREAKING: The head of FEMA exposes Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, reveals that his canceled meeting with President Biden at a Hurricane Idalia relief site was “mutually agreed” upon — before DeSantis cut and run while blaming “security concerns.”FEMA head Deanne Criswell put and end to DeSantis’ excuses, revealing that, “When President Biden contacted the governor to let him know he was going to be visiting, we mutually agreed. The governor’s team and my team mutually agreed on a place that would have minimal impact into operations.”

Then, the FEMA Administrator clearly laid out the difference between President Biden and Governor Ron DeSantis’ response to Hurricane Idalia, saying, “I would have to defer you to Governor DeSantis on what his schedule is going to be, but I know that the president and the first lady are really looking forward to meeting with these first responders and these communities that have been impacted and letting them know that the government is here and that the president has directed all of us to bring the resources we have to help them on their road to recovery.”

To make matters worse for Governor Ron DeSantis, the Biden team just told reporters that the FEMA Administrator is telling the truth about everything.

That’s right. Instead of focusing on helping the victims, Governor Ron DeSantis decided to chicken out of his meeting with President Biden, made up a ridiculous excuse to justify his cowardice, and now got called out on his lies by the head of FEMA.

My neighbor lives in Florida during the winter, and she told me today that DeSantis refused earmarked money from the Build Back Better plan to make energy savings improvements in Florida owners homes, things like new roofs and hurricane reinforcements to homes and property, a couple hundred million dollars. DeSantis is really an assclown.

This paper's political coverage has gotten worse every year. They clearly have editors who either want to put their thumbs on the scale, or are just incompetent, or feel a desperate need to 'both-sides' everything.

Their coverage of everything else - news events, local, culture, real estate, business, obits, world events - is still among the best. But when it comes to domestic politics, they are pathetically inept. Is it on purpose?

If you don't like it, don't read it. It's that simple.

If you don't like it, don't read it. It's that simple.
It's not about me not "liking" it, it's about them being extremely influential, and making bad editorial decisions on headlines, and insisting on Both Sides reporting.

It's why the satirical New York Times Pitchbot account on twitter is so popular, and is frequently so dead-on in parodying nytimes that the Times sometimes will end up posting the same headline shortly after the parody.

It's not about me not "liking" it, it's about them being extremely influential, and making bad editorial decisions on headlines, and insisting on Both Sides reporting.

It's why the satirical New York Times Pitchbot account on twitter is so popular, and is frequently so dead-on in parodying nytimes that the Times sometimes will end up posting the same headline shortly after the parody.

In other words, you're telling us you don't like it. Thanks for sharing.

In other words, you're telling us you don't like it. Thanks for sharing.
stupid is as stupid does - Imgflip

it's about them being extremely influential, and making bad editorial decisions on headlines, and insisting on Both Sides reporting.

So now you're getting a taste of how the media can influence the public perception of events. Just a few subtle words here or there can change the whole narrative.....and that's been going on for years and you just noticed because they didn't trash DeSantis???.

and you just noticed because they didn't trash DeSantis???.
Again, it's not about trashing DeSantis, it's about accuracy in reporting.

What upsets you and your ilk is when news organizations do report accurately about Republican malign acts.

I'm not arguing that they should face any legal consequences.

I didn't say anything about any legal action.

The whole point of my argument has been 'accuracy in reporting'. Whether it's about Biden/DeSantis, Trump, Hawaii fires, inflation or any other topic. They cherry pick facts, then spin according to the opinion of the reporter and/or the outlet they work for. They overlook other facts, because it doesn't align with that opinion and the end result really isn't what happened at all

Forum List

Back