USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Saturday everyone. And once again our government is making sure we are aware of hazards ahead:
1657386455050.png

:mad::doubt::hmpf:

It seems as though I will not be moving after all. At least, not in the near future. The other apt panned out. Manager there told me to give a 30 day notice here, which I did, then I packed everything so all the movers had to do was move it. Alas, when I told new manager, she had a hissy. Said I should not have given notice. I reminded her she told me to, then she got all flustered and said she forgot to tell me someone was ahead of me. Which means I am second on the list. Now, this raised some red flags. How can someone forget to tell me I am NOT next, even though when she called, she said I was, then told me to give notice, which I did, then renegged on that and got all pissed off when I did as she asked me to and said I jumped the gun.
Long story short...I took back my 30 day notice here, and unpacked. So for now, I am going to stay here and keep looking and getting on more lists. After figuring out monies to the new place, I would be paying about 3 to 400 more due to having to pay electric, plus I have to drive 19 miles to get to bigger and cheaper stores. And in the new place it is HOTTER than where I am (triple digits the next few months), where I have the ac running 24/7 here, which I could not do there (this place where I currently am pays all utilities except internet, cable, etc). Well, I could, but I would be broke every month with no spare cash for anything because it would all be going to rent and pge and phone and gas for the car, etc etc. I'd be a hermit sweating to death in my apt.

Maybe its a sign. Dennis told me to STAY PUT.

And yes, I cancelled the movers and the motel I thought would only be for 3 days.
As much as a loathe it here...at least I can survive better. I'll keep looking, keep getting on waiting lists, and maybe I will be able to move before I turn 80.o_O:icon_rolleyes::10:

That you should have to struggle like this. And on your own too.

:confused:
I musta done something totally SUPER bad for the universe to be punishing me nonstop. Unless....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Except bears. Bears WILL kill you~

gallantwarrior sent me a bumper sticker that says that. EVERYONE that sees it cracks up or honks and waves at me. Even cops that are behind me. Thumbs up from them. I love that bumper sticker. LOVE it.

But the question is..what am I supposed to get stronger for??? Whats on the frigging horizon? :eek-52: :disbelief:

Thought this might work here:

Amazingly, 80’s British pop star Kate Bush scored a #1 hit on the British charts last week - off a song that came out 37 years ago! She now holds the records both for taking the longest time getting to #1 and for being the oldest woman (63) to have a #1 hit. The springboard for this unlikely occurrence was the use of her song “Running Up That Hill” in a pivotal scene in the hit Netflix series “Stranger Things” which is set in the 80s.

Kate was one of the most original and creative artists of her day. Unlike many 80s tunes, her lyrics were deep, poignant, and literary. For my money, her song “Love and Anger” on the album “The Sensual World” is peak Kate. In it, she explores the idea of the need to be understood. I have long maintained that there are seven things that all human beings want and crave - Joy, Harmony, Unity, Transcendence, Peace, Love, and…understanding.

Being understood is one of the most significant needs in life. But Why? How does knowing that someone out there really “gets us” help us to survive and reproduce? It would seem entirely superfluous.

The fact remains that we want to feel that we are) good and b) have real significance. We like/need others to do that for us (and those people who do are generally the closest connections we have in life). Ultimately, however, to know we’re good (or that there even is a “good” or a “significance”) means to acknowledge the existence of an ultimate arbiter of those ideas - and the only one who can make us feel whole and fully understood. This ultimate transcendent understanding can not come from people - who do it very imperfectly - but rather from the perfect, Infinite Source of all knowledge.

It lay buried here, it lay deep inside me
It's so deep I don't think that I can speak about it
It could take me all of my life
But it would only take a moment to
Tell you what I'm feeling
But I don't know if I'm ready yet
— Kate Bush (Love and Anger)

I musta done something totally SUPER bad for the universe to be punishing me nonstop. Unless....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Except bears. Bears WILL kill you~

gallantwarrior sent me a bumper sticker that says that. EVERYONE that sees it cracks up or honks and waves at me. Even cops that are behind me. Thumbs up from them. I love that bumper sticker. LOVE it.

But the question is..what am I supposed to get stronger for??? Whats on the frigging horizon? :eek-52: :disbelief:
No you aren't bad and you aren't being punished for doing something bad. We all deal with really bad patches in our lives and you have had an unusually long run of miserably bad luck. But we can hope the light will be at the end of the tunnel and it will have all been worth it.

Thought this might work here:

Amazingly, 80’s British pop star Kate Bush scored a #1 hit on the British charts last week - off a song that came out 37 years ago! She now holds the records both for taking the longest time getting to #1 and for being the oldest woman (63) to have a #1 hit. The springboard for this unlikely occurrence was the use of her song “Running Up That Hill” in a pivotal scene in the hit Netflix series “Stranger Things” which is set in the 80s.

Kate was one of the most original and creative artists of her day. Unlike many 80s tunes, her lyrics were deep, poignant, and literary. For my money, her song “Love and Anger” on the album “The Sensual World” is peak Kate. In it, she explores the idea of the need to be understood. I have long maintained that there are seven things that all human beings want and crave - Joy, Harmony, Unity, Transcendence, Peace, Love, and…understanding.

Being understood is one of the most significant needs in life. But Why? How does knowing that someone out there really “gets us” help us to survive and reproduce? It would seem entirely superfluous.

The fact remains that we want to feel that we are) good and b) have real significance. We like/need others to do that for us (and those people who do are generally the closest connections we have in life). Ultimately, however, to know we’re good (or that there even is a “good” or a “significance”) means to acknowledge the existence of an ultimate arbiter of those ideas - and the only one who can make us feel whole and fully understood. This ultimate transcendent understanding can not come from people - who do it very imperfectly - but rather from the perfect, Infinite Source of all knowledge.

Yes. Really interesting read. None of us really know what influence we may have had that changed the world in some way. Probably few of us will ever know the fame of a Kate Bush or anybody else who is recognized on the national scene or world stage. All we can do is play the hand we are dealt the best that we can, acknowledge our mistakes and bad choices, learn from them, and move on determined to do better. I think that 'infinite source', however we define it, helps us on our way, but doesn't always remove the stones in the path.

:mad::doubt::hmpf:

It seems as though I will not be moving after all. At least, not in the near future. The other apt panned out. Manager there told me to give a 30 day notice here, which I did, then I packed everything so all the movers had to do was move it. Alas, when I told new manager, she had a hissy. Said I should not have given notice. I reminded her she told me to, then she got all flustered and said she forgot to tell me someone was ahead of me. Which means I am second on the list. Now, this raised some red flags. How can someone forget to tell me I am NOT next, even though when she called, she said I was, then told me to give notice, which I did, then renegged on that and got all pissed off when I did as she asked me to and said I jumped the gun.
Long story short...I took back my 30 day notice here, and unpacked. So for now, I am going to stay here and keep looking and getting on more lists. After figuring out monies to the new place, I would be paying about 3 to 400 more due to having to pay electric, plus I have to drive 19 miles to get to bigger and cheaper stores. And in the new place it is HOTTER than where I am (triple digits the next few months), where I have the ac running 24/7 here, which I could not do there (this place where I currently am pays all utilities except internet, cable, etc). Well, I could, but I would be broke every month with no spare cash for anything because it would all be going to rent and pge and phone and gas for the car, etc etc. I'd be a hermit sweating to death in my apt.

Maybe its a sign. Dennis told me to STAY PUT.
Or….maybe Dennis is saying you can do better, that was not the right choice? :smiliehug:

Or….maybe Dennis is saying you can do better, that was not the right choice? :smiliehug:
I thought about that too. Sometimes our closest loved ones don't quite get it how frustrated or unhappy we might be with this or that situation. They don't quite get how important it is to us. Sometimes the wise thing is to know that even the person we most love and admire and trust is going to be wrong too every now and then.

I'm having a fun couple of days....... Not! Woke up yesterday feeling a little stiff and sore, attributed it to my exercise routine the night before. By mid afternoon my entire body ached like never before and I had such a migraine even dark mode on the computer was too much light. I ended up sleeping on and off for 15 hours and woke up this morning not feeling so bad. I'm still sick, my body still aches a little and I have a headache. My VA doc wrote an order for labs and since I already have an appointment there tomorrow I'll have the labs done also. I'm hoping it's just a sever flu and not COVID........

I'm having a fun couple of days....... Not! Woke up yesterday feeling a little stiff and sore, attributed it to my exercise routine the night before. By mid afternoon my entire body ached like never before and I had such a migraine even dark mode on the computer was too much light. I ended up sleeping on and off for 15 hours and woke up this morning not feeling so bad. I'm still sick, my body still aches a little and I have a headache. My VA doc wrote an order for labs and since I already have an appointment there tomorrow I'll have the labs done also. I'm hoping it's just a sever flu and not COVID........
If you need someone to run groceries or whatever, give me a call.

My daughter is very very ill with Covid; after ALL the jabs!

Forum List

Back