USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yes ma'am!

On a side note, we tried our last option today in refinancing the house and were denied.

We can only hope we have enough money to pay these loans.

Someone please help us.
Ah, a bit of good news. I went into hysterics yesterday and failed to do the math on the finances properly. I made a giant error. So in my calmness I went back over the finances again and discovered I had plenty of money left in the bank after all the expenses were deducted.

PAY NO MIND TO THAT IDIOT BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

Hey guys. I know, I know, it's been a while since I showed up here. A lot happened in the time before I came back. We got the mortgage modified, so we are not in danger of losing our home now. My grandmother also is planning to make me co-owner of the house on the mortgage documentation since I am helping pay half the mortgage. I also completed a debt consolidation program for her with my own money to repay her for some of the bad things I did with her money as a 20-something hooligan.

We had stable finances, for the first time in a long time. We could see the sun peeking over the horizon. But now we're in an emergency. The bills and monthly payments on existing loans are threatening to swallow our combined income whole. I don't know how we'll get through this, honestly.

Please pass this on to anyone you know. I can't let her down now. Not now. Not after having seemingly redeemed myself in her and (possibly) God's eyes.

Look for homeowner forgiveness packages.
Or for philanthropic sites for families in need.
I don't know if the DementocRats have stopped them, but there used to be government subsidies and grant programs for homeowners in need of paying the mortgage.

Look for homeowner forgiveness packages.
Or for philanthropic sites for families in need.
I don't know if the DementocRats have stopped them, but there used to be government subsidies and grant programs for homeowners in need of paying the mortgage.

Oh, we modified the mortagage and lowered the payment by 70 bucks. So no need to do that anymore.

Like I said, I made an accounting error on the bank ledger and a pretty big one at that. Looks like we'll be fine going forward.

Doorbell rang just a little bit ago, there was an elderly gentleman standing there with a couple of boxes of cereal under his arm and a bag of groceries next to him. He stated he had brought some food and of course I told him I didn't need any. He then asked if this was the ________ residence to which I explained we had bought it 3+ years ago from ________ and I thought she was in a nursing home. He stated he had talked with her yesterday on the phone but assumed this was still her address. Not the first time someone came here looking for the previous owner. Oh well.

So...saw MrG at the ENT. He looks ok I guess. He is right at home with a wheel chair now, and his oxygen tanks. He lost some pounds, which is good. We didn't have time to talk much, but I went in with him to get his ears tested then see the doc himself. Results are..he now has a dead ear, which is what the doc called it. Completely deaf in the left side. No clue why. Duh. I said because he fell because he was dizzy, because he was short of breath and it all started when he got that damn vax. Doc said could be so.

He went back to the conval home with his assistant that drove him there, and next visit to the doc is to the surgeon tomorrow to see what the results are on the biopsies. MrG says he thinks its cancer. I said don't jump the gun and lets just wait to see what he says.

The conval home called around 7pm and said he is being released next tuesday and on Monday, the people with the oxygen tanks will be here at the apt to set everything up. I said fine....cuz I have no clue about this stuff. They said I could come in prior for lessons and I said no...I can't. You won't let me in because I am unvaxxed and will NEVER get that jab. Ever. NEVER. They said oh, ok. Then the people delivering and setting up the tanks will explain it.

This has thrown me for a loop. I never imagined the golden years this way. MrG was fine until he got those shots. Went to the store, drove around now and then to thrift shops. Got his own meds from the RX. Put together walkers for neighbors in the same building. Normal usual stuff although a couch potatoe with his tv remote glued to his hand. Now? MrG disappeared and in his place is this weak, gasping old man who has to use a wheel chair and a walker with an oxygen tank attached to it or him when he is not in his bed.

Working on getting a home health care lady to come in 5 days a week for 2 hours since I am pretty much in full flare up and can't even use my right hand these past few days. And even when not in flareup mode, I cannot help him into the shower or do things needing done to keep him comfortable. I can do light cooking (one handed), keep the apt clean, take out the trash, fetch his meds, go grocery shopping, take him to docs, etc. But I have my limits so..I asked the lady Q (short for her full name) if she could do it and she said she would love to do it cuz it those two hours for 5 days would put her back up to 40 hours a week since she sees two other people here in the same complex. AND..she cooks soul food since she is black, which MrG LOVES. And I love her too. We have been buddies ever since I met her. I just never thought I would wind up having her as MrGs caregiver...or that he would need one, period.

So......trying to digest all this. Not fun. But....life is what is dealt and boy is it dealing me some major punches.
Prayers up for Mr. G, Gracie and also for what you 're going through. :huddle:

He's home. So far....we have been told its COPD. NOT lung cancer. He's on oxygen, but that will not last long unless we get a caregiver. They didn't give him a portable strap on tank...nope. Their idea of portables are 3 large tanks with one trolly to drag it around. He can't drag it...and use his walker. So that means I have to follow him around and drag it. Had to take him to pain doc today and dragging that thing around while I am in flareup was NOT FUN. And not acceptable. So....we have to wait until his lung doctor gets back to see what therapy he needs and hopefully get a compact tank cuz I will NOT keep doing this. I can't. I'm hurting so bad right now, I can barely move.

He's home. So far....we have been told its COPD. NOT lung cancer. He's on oxygen, but that will not last long unless we get a caregiver. They didn't give him a portable strap on tank...nope. Their idea of portables are 3 large tanks with one trolly to drag it around. He can't drag it...and use his walker. So that means I have to follow him around and drag it. Had to take him to pain doc today and dragging that thing around while I am in flareup was NOT FUN. And not acceptable. So....we have to wait until his lung doctor gets back to see what therapy he needs and hopefully get a compact tank cuz I will NOT keep doing this. I can't. I'm hurting so bad right now, I can barely move.

Gracie, have you checked into senior support groups in your area. Our county has a bunch of services available, from "meals on wheels", to personal care workers, home maintenance people, drivers to take you shopping and to medical appointments, under their Senior Support Branch. Services aren't free, but they're reasonable. Meals on Wheels charges about the same amount as I would pay for the groceries. Senior Support will also point you in the right direction if they can't help you.

There might also be a support group for COPD patients and their families. I know our local Cancer Society will help cancer patients to chemo appointments, if they have no transportation, and provide someone to sit with them after your chemo, if necessary. The volunteers are just wonderful people.

If you've joined a local congregation, there may be a group within the church who do this kind of work. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Ah, a bit of good news. I went into hysterics yesterday and failed to do the math on the finances properly. I made a giant error. So in my calmness I went back over the finances again and discovered I had plenty of money left in the bank after all the expenses were deducted.

I imagine all of us have done that at one time or another. Good news though.

Unacceptable. I know you guys chose to stay in California for the healthcare provided there. But doesn't look like they're very patient oriented maybe? I'm not sure what town/city you're in right now, but as Dragonlady mentioned, there might be private support groups who can help.

1639763378725.png

My husband did that once. He was feaking out because our house payment was coming due and it was about to bounce! The guy who got A+ in trigonometry in college, wrote a $100 cheque and deducted $1000 from our running bank balance. I knew approximately how much should be in the account, but not the exact amount, and it was a lot more than he said we had. I knew I hadn't spent any of it anything other than groceries and transit.

His relief when I found the error was palpable so I know how you feel. Congrats on getting your refi done and dusted. It's such a huge to get that done.

My husband did that once. He was feaking out because our house payment was coming due and it was about to bounce! The guy who got A+ in trigonometry in college, wrote a $100 cheque and deducted $1000 from our running bank balance. I knew approximately how much should be in the account, but not the exact amount, and it was a lot more than he said we had. I knew I hadn't spent any of it anything other than groceries and transit.

His relief when I found the error was palpable so I know how you feel. Congrats on getting your refi done and dusted. It's such a huge to get that done.

Wish I could say my refi was done and dusted. We were preliminarily rejected on the phone, but got a book's worth of paperwork in the mail today. That... is essentially in limbo at the moment.

Have to cancel my Christmas trip to my daughters house. She called this morning to tell me she tested positive for Covid, again. Last time was in 2020. Yes she has been vaccinated since then but she is a nurse and 4 people in her pediatric clinic tested positive this past week. We'll do Christmas in January.

Have to cancel my Christmas trip to my daughters house. She called this morning to tell me she tested positive for Covid, again. Last time was in 2020. Yes she has been vaccinated since then but she is a nurse and 4 people in her pediatric clinic tested positive this past week. We'll do Christmas in January.
Bummer Ollie. Hopefully it is a false positive. As I recall she was really sick when she got it before. Maybe no symptoms this time? Our primary doctor's office called us in this morning to get our booster shots and so far zero side affects. But New Mexico is 88% vaccinated now with at least one shot but the Omicron variant is running rampant. It is more like a really bad flu but reasonable caution is smart I think. I guess she gets Christmas off though.

Talk to your caregiver, Gracie. He needs professional round the clock care, and you will also be in that category if you don't take care of your own needs that do not include carrying his heavy equipment around to your pain. Sometimes we have to do what must be done. My prayers are up for you this evening.

I had to let go of the best dog I ever had today. Last week my rural neighbor threatened to shoot my dog if he ever came on his property again. I kept him in for a week only letting him go with no leash the last day or two with my visual attention only. Today the phone rang while we were out and he was playing with Miss Songie, my new puppy. I got sidetracked and the first thing you know he was barking at the neighbors' yearlings and he refused to come home. After my throat got scratchy from calling, I made some calls and remembered a friend that Mr Reddy was crazy for. He lives about 40 miles from here, so he accepted and I took Reddy to his new owner's dwelling. I was heart breaking to stop at family dollar store and buy his favorite Kibbles and Bits, but I didn't want Reddy taken out with a gun and next door, too. But I did the right thing. I got my beloved Reddy out of harm's way even though I will miss him forever.

That probably has nothing to do with anything, but sometimes life calls us to make a decision we hate to make. Reddy had no business over there. He needs discipline by a man. Now he has it. And food he likes, too. :thup:

Bless you and your family, Ollie. May your daughter be as good as new soon. ♡

Last edited:

Forum List

Back