USMB Coffee Shop IV

Couldn't tell I logged in today, huh?
The ex did have a few uses and I have to pick up the slack, lots of outside work. The snow has been pretty brutal this year, so far. Lots of digging and I bought a new snow blower. That helps keep my trails and driveway cleared but has required almost daily attention.
I came back to the ramps last week. I hated that daytime schedule, 0700-1500, Mon-Fri. Not my cup of tea, really. And the guy I was working for kept running out of work for me to do. So I am happy to be back in the saddle. I still have some limitations, but I seem to be mending a lot more quickly back where I like to be. I just have to be extra careful about the ice, have cleats on my boots and my cane.
The ex tried to have the court drop the Protective Order. He penned an irrational and meandering 8-page screed accusing me of being a "black out drunk", a "killer and torturer", stating that he was afraid I was going to shoot him, and a lot of other rambling nonsense. I answered his complaint and the court kind of told him to piss up a rope. I don't know what he's doing, don't really care. He brought all this upon himself.
I made 7 hours overtime my first week back to work. After disability and a bunch of other trains in the tunnel, I have to catch up financially. All things in due time.
Lots of stuff going on.
I come back and find most everyone doing okay here. For those feeling under the weather, I send my most heartfelt wishes that you feel better soon. Thanks, Gracie, for waking my carcass up. I'll try to call back after Christmas.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!

The ex did have a few uses and I have to pick up the slack, lots of outside work. The snow has been pretty brutal this year, so far. Lots of digging and I bought a new snow blower. That helps keep my trails and driveway cleared but has required almost daily attention.
I came back to the ramps last week. I hated that daytime schedule, 0700-1500, Mon-Fri. Not my cup of tea, really. And the guy I was working for kept running out of work for me to do. So I am happy to be back in the saddle. I still have some limitations, but I seem to be mending a lot more quickly back where I like to be. I just have to be extra careful about the ice, have cleats on my boots and my cane.
The ex tried to have the court drop the Protective Order. He penned an irrational and meandering 8-page screed accusing me of being a "black out drunk", a "killer and torturer", stating that he was afraid I was going to shoot him, and a lot of other rambling nonsense. I answered his complaint and the court kind of told him to piss up a rope. I don't know what he's doing, don't really care. He brought all this upon himself.
I made 7 hours overtime my first week back to work. After disability and a bunch of other trains in the tunnel, I have to catch up financially. All things in due time.
Lots of stuff going on.
I come back and find most everyone doing okay here. For those feeling under the weather, I send my most heartfelt wishes that you feel better soon. Thanks, Gracie, for waking my carcass up. I'll try to call back after Christmas.
Hey, Gallantwarrior. Glad to hear you're okay. Prayers up for your good health and safety. Hope the weather is beautiful along with better days ahead. :thup:

I went downtown after it stopped raining to finish my lock down shopping. When I called my regular cab company, their one and only car was taking dialysis patients to Hamilton. He wouldnā€™t have anyone until after 1:00. He gave me the number of another cab company. They came right away and took me home. The driver refused any payment saying Merry Christmas.

As I unloaded my groceries, a young masked woman with an armload of flowers offered me a poinsettia saying Merry Christmas. A post from our town FaceBook page said one of the local churches was doing this.

Then Juliaā€™s Christmas Caravan from Juliaā€™s Bistro, pulled up with a basket of food and presents for the young family in our building. This local business owner who has already been hit hard by the pandemic, was recently scammed out of $6000 by electric bill con artists and yet here she is, facing another lockdown at midnight tonight, out helping others.

People ask why I love living in this little town after living most of my adult life in Toronto. I think this about sums it up. Today isnā€™t unusual in this little town. Itā€™s a way of life here. Kindness, generosity and good will happen every day here. I see it often.
Image may contain: tree, plant, car, sky, house and outdoor

I went downtown after it stopped raining to finish my lock down shopping. When I called my regular cab company, their one and only car was taking dialysis patients to Hamilton. He wouldnā€™t have anyone until after 1:00. He gave me the number of another cab company. They came right away and took me home. The driver refused any payment saying Merry Christmas.

As I unloaded my groceries, a young masked woman with an armload of flowers offered me a poinsettia saying Merry Christmas. A post from our town FaceBook page said one of the local churches was doing this.

Then Juliaā€™s Christmas Caravan from Juliaā€™s Bistro, pulled up with a basket of food and presents for the young family in our building. This local business owner who has already been hit hard by the pandemic, was recently scammed out of $6000 by electric bill con artists and yet here she is, facing another lockdown at midnight tonight, out helping others.

People ask why I love living in this little town after living most of my adult life in Toronto. I think this about sums it up. Today isnā€™t unusual in this little town. Itā€™s a way of life here. Kindness, generosity and good will happen every day here. I see it often.

Really heart warming Dragonlady. Thanks for sharing that. I've seen similar great acts of spontaneous caring & sharing in recent months & some real a-holes. I recommend the caring & sharing.

Lots of stuff going on.

Thanks goodness GW. I almost texted you yesterday, but Gracie was hard at work checking on your well being and I figured I couldn't improve on that. Glad to hear things are improving for you. We'll keep pulling for your continued healing and rehab and for all to go well. Merry Christmas.

First off happy Christmas Eve.
Not to alarm anyone, haven't felt real good this past week or so. Not that bad but not good. Called my Doctor yesterday they sent me to a Flu clinic. The place was awesome, walk in and no waiting, well about 2 minutes with no one else in the waiting room. Saw a Nurse Practitioner within 5 minutes of being there. She doesn't suspect flu or COVID but did do the Covid test and tell me I'm on Quarantine for the 3 to 5 days it will take to get the results. Symptoms are a pressure type headache and queasy gut... For the most part I seem to be OK had a slight fever last week but only about a half degree above my normal. That only lasted 2 days...

Really heart warming Dragonlady. Thanks for sharing that. I've seen similar great acts of spontaneous caring & sharing in recent months & some real a-holes. I recommend the caring & sharing.

Our town's FaceBook page is full of stories of people opening their doors to masked strangers from one of the local congregations with gifts of flowers, Tim Hortion's gift cards, cheese, chocolates.

Just like the Grinch, covid can't keep Christmas from coming.

19e26898d7a982ce140bc6b7b888b787.jpg

I forgot to call GallantWarrior. Im awake..in pain...and just took some pain pills, so I wreote myself a note and stuck it on my pc keyboard before the pills kick in.

Went to doc today. He thinks its something more serious than a pulled muscle in my back, so he is ordering an MRI to see what thehell is going on. He knows me more than I know me. He said...this is a new pain. Something you have not experienced before. Gotta see whats going on.
I agreed. Not my hip. Not my back. In between. He said nerve damage but from what??? (hes a neurologist).
So we are gonna find out. Hopefully soon.

Anyway...this is why I forgot. Docs office, grocery store where I had to hold the cart just to stay upright, home, compeletly forgot but I worry about GW and wanna make sure he is ok. PROMISE I will do it tomorrow, then let yall know.
You didn't mention this when you called, Gracie. I hope this is something that can be handled and fixed pretty quickly.
Because the call was not about me..it was about WHERE THE HECK YOU'VE BEEN, mister! :laugh:

I'll get an mri...then doc and I can decide what to do once we find out what the heck is going on.

Well, I'm not in the hospital any longer but in an assisted living rehab center.

My bougt with MERSA virus continues. If English Literature and American popular culture have taught me anything, I should have some metaphysical encounters with a few prankish spirits tonight!
Ghost of Christmases past, present and yet to be will want to rattle my Yuletide sensibilities this evening.

Bring 'em on! I've already been told my left foot should be in a hospital incinerator by now. What could be worse? My family enjoyed Christmas fare of prime rib, green beans and baked potatoe. Here the staff offered up what I imagine is a condemned man's dinner. Tasteless, devoid of aroma, flavor and olor. The meal one asks, as it is being served, "what are the charges?"

And so Yuletide 2020 does not fail to disappoint in its own 2020 manner.

Bring on the spirits, I got nuthin' left to lose!

Merry Christmas to all. We have no place to go but up!

Meanwhile...I made myself a white russian last night. Tiny glass with ice, then milk, then about 3 capfuls of Kahlua. Yummy. Then I went to bed. I SLEPT 8 WHOLE HOURS straight without waking up once. Only I did wake up was cuz I was dreaming I had to pee and there were toilets everywhere but out in the open and all of them were being used and man did I have to pee! Woke up and ran to my bathroom which was NOT being used and sighed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So..tonight, I am going to have another white russian toddy!

Well, I'm not in the hospital any longer but in an assisted living rehab center.

My bougt with MERSA virus continues. If English Literature and American popular culture have taught me anything, I should have some metaphysical encounters with a few prankish spirits tonight!
Ghost of Christmases past, present and yet to be will want to rattle my Yuletide sensibilities this evening.

Bring 'em on! I've already been told my left foot should be in a hospital incinerator by now. What could be worse? My family enjoyed Christmas fare of prime rib, green beans and baked potatoe. Here the staff offered up what I imagine is a condemned man's dinner. Tasteless, devoid of aroma, flavor and olor. The meal one asks, as it is being served, "what are the charges?"

And so Yuletide 2020 does not fail to disappoint in its own 2020 manner.

Bring on the spirits, I got nuthin' left to lose!

Merry Christmas to all. We have no place to go but up!
Prayers up for you, nosmoking. May you defeat that awful virus and get well soon. ā™”ā™”ā™”ā™”ā™” :hands:

Lots of stuff going on.
Hey, Gallantwarrior. Glad to hear you're okay. Prayers up for your good health and safety. Hope the weather is beautiful along with better days ahead. :thup:
Same to you, Beau. I hope the new year brings you better health and sees you settled into a loving relationship. Merry Christmas to you!

Fortunately, there are many wonderful little places like where you live. I've lived in and around some major metropolitan areas and much prefer more out-of-the-way, closer places. Merry Christmas to you Dragonlady and I'm glad you found the CS.

Forum List

Back