USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just woke up. On phone downstairs. Caled G
I forgot to call GallantWarrior. Im awake..in pain...and just took some pain pills, so I wreote myself a note and stuck it on my pc keyboard before the pills kick in.

Went to doc today. He thinks its something more serious than a pulled muscle in my back, so he is ordering an MRI to see what thehell is going on. He knows me more than I know me. He said...this is a new pain. Something you have not experienced before. Gotta see whats going on.
I agreed. Not my hip. Not my back. In between. He said nerve damage but from what??? (hes a neurologist).
So we are gonna find out. Hopefully soon.

Anyway...this is why I forgot. Docs office, grocery store where I had to hold the cart just to stay upright, home, compeletly forgot but I worry about GW and wanna make sure he is ok. PROMISE I will do it tomorrow, then let yall know.
I'm on the phone downstairs. I called but went to answering machine. Left message to either post or call me. Cuz we are all very worried!!!.

I'm still downstairs. Thinking about calling the Anchorage Airport. But that might be too invasive. I'll give it a day and then try again tonight. I don't trust the ex-partner not going over there and hurting him. It's been too long for him to post. I hate using the phone so I will be upstairs soon.

Called again at 3pm...which means 6pm I think, his time? Not sure. Anyway...still no answer. Left another message that we are starting to worry..to get his butt in here IF he has internet service since I have no clue what the weather is like up there.

I'll try again tonight..when I KNOW he will be home from work...unless he stays in anchorage overnight due to maybe not being able to get home? But that wouldn't stop him from have cell service in anchorage.

No word tomorrow...by golly I will call the airport and tell them to send me to the damn mechanic area guys so I can ask them where the heck he is. You betcha!

conjunction2.jpeg

Called again at 3pm...which means 6pm I think, his time? Not sure. Anyway...still no answer. Left another message that we are starting to worry..to get his butt in here IF he has internet service since I have no clue what the weather is like up there.

I'll try again tonight..when I KNOW he will be home from work...unless he stays in anchorage overnight due to maybe not being able to get home? But that wouldn't stop him from have cell service in anchorage.

No word tomorrow...by golly I will call the airport and tell them to send me to the damn mechanic area guys so I can ask them where the heck he is. You betcha!

3 pm Pacific time would be 2 pm Alaska time.

FINALLY! He is alive, well, and sleeping cuz he has the midnight shift. Wet gooey snow so its slushy, kinda bummed cuz no company sponsored dinner this go round for the crew due to....sneer (his sneer)....COVID. In short, he said SSDD and will log in maybe tomorrow if he has a chance while at work. Hip is doing fine, goats are fine, ex still has not shown up for which he is thankful and overall...he just sounded really tired and bummed out a tad.

He said to tell everyone thank you for worrying but he is fine and will be here soon. :)

FINALLY! He is alive, well, and sleeping cuz he has the midnight shift. Wet gooey snow so its slushy, kinda bummed cuz no company sponsored dinner this go round for the crew due to....sneer (his sneer)....COVID. In short, he said SSDD and will log in maybe tomorrow if he has a chance while at work. Hip is doing fine, goats are fine, ex still has not shown up for which he is thankful and overall...he just sounded really tired and bummed out a tad.

He said to tell everyone thank you for worrying but he is fine and will be here soon. :)

Very good news indeed Gracie. Thank you. And hope you are feeling better too.

Hoping all of all the friends here are going to have a good Christmas and Happy New Year. I'm on day 3 of taking antibodies for yet another bout with bronchial pneumonia. The medicine is makijng me feel lots better. Love to all of you.

You take care of yourself, Beautress. Happy holidays to you too. :smiliehug:

A bit. Still battling it, but now its focused on just one area so my going easy on doing too much stuff is working. And thank you.

Merry Christmas, Coffee Shoppers.

May you all ignore the false prophets of doom and make this a season of joy, sharing, and gratitude with family and others closest to you...And may we all keep in our hearts those who are prevented from joining in, through no fault of their own.

As bad as things this year have been, I'd be hard pressed to find any individuals who've borne the brunt of trying times more so than our men and women in uniform, strewn about far flung corners of the globe....

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Last edited:
Merry Christmas, Coffee Shoppers.

May you all ignore the false prophets of doom and make this a season of joy, sharing, and gratitude with family and others closest to you...And may we all keep in our heart those who are prevented from joining in, through no fault of their own.

As bad as things this year have been, I'd be hard pressed to find any individuals who've borne the brunt of trying times more so than our men and women in uniform, strewn about far flung corners of the globe....

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

The lockdowns in New Mexico make it difficult to be with family--all have to come from out of state and are required to quarantine if they come here and we are required to quarantine if we go there or spend time with them here--but otherwise yes, Hombre and I so agree. We refuse to give in to a spirit of fear and will live our lives joyfully as much as we are able.

We will go get my 94-year old aunt over to spend Christmas Eve evening and spend the night with us tonight. Holidays are tough for her now that she has lost her only child and her husband so we do what we can to distract her and just love her. Helps her depression I think. Our friend Dana, my aunt's next door neighbor, who was on our vigil list for so long, will come for Christmas dinner with us tomorrow and Aunt Betty will go home with her. It will be a good time for all of us I think.

Not the holiday season we all would have preferred. But all in all it could be so much worse.

Hope you continue to improve Gracie. And oh my beautress, you didn't need pneumonia for Christmas. I hope those persons in your home are helping you out?

And I saw this on another feed this morning, and though how much all of you in the Coffee Shop have in different ways given me a lift or inspired me or made me laugh or appreciate things over the years. And you emulate the sentiment:
1608823803598.png

Aw, Ridgerunner, that's sweet. :)

True story...

Skittles ingredients
Skittles’ ingredients are: Sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, apple juice from concentrate, less than 2% - citric acid, dextrin, modified corn starch, natural and artificial flavors, coloring (includes yellow 6 lake, red 40 lake, yellow 5 lake, blue 2 lake, yellow 5, red 40, yellow 6, blue 1 lake, blue 1), ascorbic acid (vitamin c).
What’s In My Food: Skittles Ingredients Label Explained | HubPages
Yuck!

I was carted out of the Luxurious Pipmplelbutt Estate this morning. I've bee suffering some mobility issues lately and my magnificent brother and I have agreed that the time has come for deeper evavaluation and medical considereration. And so I find myself ensconced on the fifth floor of East Liverpool City Hospital.

Do not be alarmed! Daisy is fine. And I expect to be released, pending some rehab within days. While I do not expecte to be tripping the light fantastic anytime soon, I should be well enough to resume hosting duties as soon as the pandemic wanes.

But today, I want to talk about being taken away by ambulance. I had romantically assumed that an ambulance ride from my home would envolve more sensory elements. The smell of burning gasoline and silicone and paint. The sight of wailing women, upset that their private sanctuaries were crumbling. In short, the wails and whys of "Oh! Nosmo! We hardly knew ye!" The Rock & Roll scenario playing out in my front lawn. Screeching guitars and sadfaced chicks wondering how I might of let it all go bad.

But, alas, here I am. Let me give you an updated tomorrow.
Best of luck to you, Nosmo!

I've basically stolen my neighbour's cat. It's the little black cat in my avatar photo. She was my cat's best friend. She used to come to my back door to call him out to play. He got hit a car a couple of years but she kept coming around looking for him.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend was picking me up, and she asked me if the little black and white cat was a stray. She had been petting the cat and she was awfully thin. My daughter was here and we both noted that her general condition wasn't good at all - dirty, dull coat, and painfully thin. She urged me to take her in.

A couple of days later, when I opened the door to put food out for her, she ran into the house, and didn't leave for two days. My current indoor cat has been very welcoming, and there's been no hissing or fighting. The black cat has gained weight and she's now grooming herself. Her coat is thin and she has no undercoat at all, but it's no longer dull or scruffy.

I texted her owner on the day after the cat came in, to tell her where her cat was, and she didn't even know it was missing. She said she would come and get her. That was two weeks ago, and she still hasn't come to get the cat. She lives across the hall from me, so there's really no effort involved.
What a lucky cat! Too bad too many people treat their pets as chattel instead of loving companions.

Question...anyone hear from Peach in Arizona? Haven't seen her in a long time. And Ernie? Does he still have his bar? He hasn't been here in forever. Is he ok? Both of them? Was thinking of them while pretending I am Gracie Slick in another thread (hickory farms), which made me think of woodstock which made me think of peach being the one that saved ernie from dying in a mud bog patch.

Anyway...anyone hear from either of them?

Foxfyre
Ernie dropped by a year or so ago. And I hsven't seen Peach for several months. I loved all of them and am grateful we have Foxfyre's great thread to stop in and talk. I heard there was a great storm near Anchorage re ently, and have been missing Gallantwarrior, so hope all is well there. I love this thread.
Gallantwarrior is baaaacckk! I've just been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest. Update to follow...

I forgot to call GallantWarrior. Im awake..in pain...and just took some pain pills, so I wreote myself a note and stuck it on my pc keyboard before the pills kick in.

Went to doc today. He thinks its something more serious than a pulled muscle in my back, so he is ordering an MRI to see what thehell is going on. He knows me more than I know me. He said...this is a new pain. Something you have not experienced before. Gotta see whats going on.
I agreed. Not my hip. Not my back. In between. He said nerve damage but from what??? (hes a neurologist).
So we are gonna find out. Hopefully soon.

Anyway...this is why I forgot. Docs office, grocery store where I had to hold the cart just to stay upright, home, compeletly forgot but I worry about GW and wanna make sure he is ok. PROMISE I will do it tomorrow, then let yall know.
You didn't mention this when you called, Gracie. I hope this is something that can be handled and fixed pretty quickly.

Forum List

Back