USMB Coffee Shop IV

Emqa0kcXUAUkRxl.jpg

We're finally getting some rain today, which I am taking to mean that we are done with the Fire Season from Hell in Norther CA.

My heart is quite heavy today. Our hideous next door neighbors have basically abandoned their cat. He has always spent a great deal of time sunning itself in our backyard. He's a very unfriendly cat; so we generally leave him alone and he gives us wide berth. Yesterday, however, he came and sat near us by our kitchen door. The poor thing had been in a fight - quite ragged looking. He also looked incredibly scrawny.

We tried to reach the hideous neighbors to let them know their cat is in bad shape. Nobody answers the door or phone at their house.

So, we fed the poor cat; he was starving.

What type of people leave a pet without anyone to feed or check in on him? I never like them much, but now I really [Lina Lamont Voice]Caaaaaan't Stan 'Em![/Lina Lamont Voice].

So you fed a hungry cat. Friendly or unfriendly, you now have a cat. :) I suppose you could take him to a local shelter, or you might find he is actually a kindred spirit that belongs with you? We play 42 every week with folks who fed a hungry cat. Now 16 years later that cat is still not the most friendly of cats, but she definitely rules the roost at their house. :) (I feel honored that she does like me.)

I should add that I still believe Coffee Shop people mesh here because despite being very different with each having his/her own unique quirks and endearing or maybe even sometimes not so endearing traits, there is a kindred spirit of kindness/connection among us. You are good people for caring about one of God's creatures, however unlovable it might seem.

We were caretakers for the poor little guy for a couple of days - made a place for him to sleep, fed him and showed him a little love. It became clear he had something else seriously wrong with him besides being in a fight. We were at the point of taking him to the vet when the neighbors returned home; one of the sons came over to pick up the cat. They did take him to the vet's - he had a big tumor, so they had him put to sleep.

Who knew, rabbits can swim? I just saw a video of one swimming on twitter.

Yes rabbits are very good swimmers and will voluntarily choose to swim if they need to get across a body of water for whatever reason. They generally don't go swimming just for fun like dogs do though.

We're finally getting some rain today, which I am taking to mean that we are done with the Fire Season from Hell in Norther CA.

My heart is quite heavy today. Our hideous next door neighbors have basically abandoned their cat. He has always spent a great deal of time sunning itself in our backyard. He's a very unfriendly cat; so we generally leave him alone and he gives us wide berth. Yesterday, however, he came and sat near us by our kitchen door. The poor thing had been in a fight - quite ragged looking. He also looked incredibly scrawny.

We tried to reach the hideous neighbors to let them know their cat is in bad shape. Nobody answers the door or phone at their house.

So, we fed the poor cat; he was starving.

What type of people leave a pet without anyone to feed or check in on him? I never like them much, but now I really [Lina Lamont Voice]Caaaaaan't Stan 'Em![/Lina Lamont Voice].

So you fed a hungry cat. Friendly or unfriendly, you now have a cat. :) I suppose you could take him to a local shelter, or you might find he is actually a kindred spirit that belongs with you? We play 42 every week with folks who fed a hungry cat. Now 16 years later that cat is still not the most friendly of cats, but she definitely rules the roost at their house. :) (I feel honored that she does like me.)

I should add that I still believe Coffee Shop people mesh here because despite being very different with each having his/her own unique quirks and endearing or maybe even sometimes not so endearing traits, there is a kindred spirit of kindness/connection among us. You are good people for caring about one of God's creatures, however unlovable it might seem.

We were caretakers for the poor little guy for a couple of days - made a place for him to sleep, fed him and showed him a little love. It became clear he had something else seriously wrong with him besides being in a fight. We were at the point of taking him to the vet when the neighbors returned home; one of the sons came over to pick up the cat. They did take him to the vet's - he had a big tumor, so they had him put to sleep.

Well at least you didn't have time to get really attached and his last days were more pleasant for him because of you.

Ha ! I just received hair clippers from Amazon and cut my own hair in a few minutes. Its not a perfect job, because I cannot see the back of my head very well. But I had long hair and the barbers shops are closed because of a lockdown. In any case I did not want to go to the barbers in case I picked up the corona virus there. Now all I have got to figure out is how to do my own teeth.
Or you could be like me and just let it grow...View attachment 415127
Long hair on a guy is a turn on. For me anyway. If there was anything left to turn on to begin with. which there isn't. So never mind.:p

Been looking to see if GW has posted. Saw he did last tuesday. Sorry I have been MIA. Now that Twatter has suspended my account, I will be here more often.

Boe, your taking charge of that cat was wonderful. Bless you.

Boy the stuff history taught me. I learned there is a place in Dallas called Dealy Plaza. I learned Cities in exotic places call Hue and DaNang. I learned where the Golan Heights are and that there is a Liverpool in England too. I learned that a man could be named U Thant or Martin Luther.

Now today will fade into history one day. What will the curious, precocious kids of today learn as a result? They will learn that Trick or Treat involved candy tubes, pulleys, even catapults to distribute Reese's cups and Three Musketeer bars. And that masks aren't just for Halloween anymore. They will learn, as I did, that vaccines were prayed for, but not for something called Polio but for coronavirus.

They will wonder why there was a gap in annual parades from Macy's Thanksgiving Day in Manhattan to the Tournament of Roses in Pasadena. Why the Masters was played between Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving and not at Augusta resplendent with azaleas and dogwoods. Why nobody was in the stands for football games and why crowd noise was pumped into the World's Series.

And I thought I was ripped off because I was born after World War II and the Great Depression. All the stories of that era were dutifully accounted to me by my family. I thought I was raised in boring times, in spite of disastrous wars in far off places, tragic assasinations here at home, riots in the summers of 1964, 65, 66 and at a political convention in Chicago. Men on the moon, disco balls glittering and three days of peace and music in the Catskills.

A man far wiser than I said 'may you live in interesting times.'. Our grandchildren will have some hard to believe stories to tell their wee bairn one day as we, the contemporary adults of this weary year lay enriching the soil as we rest.

Been looking to see if GW has posted. Saw he did last tuesday. Sorry I have been MIA. Now that Twatter has suspended my account, I will be here more often.

I'm gaining followers every day but I've lost more than 1000 followers in Twitter the last two weeks. Don't know if they deactivated their accounts and moved on to GAB or MeWe or Parler or if they were terminated permanently. And the purge doesn't appear to be over yet. But those I want to stay connected with here, on Facebook, there, etc. all seem to still be around. I figure this too shall pass.

Last edited:
RE: USMB Coffee Shop IV
⁜→ Foxfyre, Gracie, et al,

BLUF: I have trouble using some of the more popular social media.

I'm gaining followers every day but I've lost more than 1000 followers in Twitter the last two weeks. Don't know if they deactivated their accounts and moved on to GAB or MeWe or Parler or if they were terminated permanently. And the purge doesn't appear to be over yet. But those I want to stay connected with here, on Facebook, there, etc. all seem to still be around. I figure this too shall pass.
(COMMENT)

I had to look-up
(just now) these Social Media systems (GAB or MeWe or Parler) just to find out what they were. I went to GAB and the program format seems strange to me. I simply don't know how to use it. Of course, I still feel comfortable with the rotary dial WECO 500 Telephone. Up to last year, I still had and used a 2G Flip phone. But it is not GSM and so got left behind.

I got terminated by "Facebook" before I ever entered a conversation. I don't think I had the account more than a day or two before something happened and I got a message saying my account had been terminated. I have no Idea why, and don't really care. But I thought it was rather funny.

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

I tried to check out Mewe but before one can see whats what, one has to register. I don't lke that, so...I closed the window and moved on. I dont care for GAB. Parler I am not thrilled with either.All they do is bitch about this or that and I need a break from politics now and then. Nobody posts nice pics or photgraphy or animals or nature. Maybe because the pic loader doesnt work. I tried it and it said there was an issue and they are working on it.
ALL politics gets boring.

Twitter suspended your account, what did you say to deserve that?

I was banned for 12 hours recently for quoting a verse from the Quran, and saying it incited suicide attacks. I was also warned someone in Pakistan complained 8 of my posts were blasphemous. So I tweeted Imran Khan the prime minister telling him I supported a campaign to end blasphemy laws.

Twitter suspended your account, what did you say to deserve that?

I was banned for 12 hours recently for quoting a verse from the Quran, and saying it incited suicide attacks. I was also warned someone in Pakistan complained 8 of my posts were blasphemous. So I tweeted Imran Khan the prime minister telling him I supported a campaign to end blasphemy laws.
I don't know why. They never told me. No email, no popup, no pm, nothing.
Personally, I think its a blessing they did. MeWe has live chat if you are so inclined. You can also join groups or make one yourself. I joined about 7 or 8 groups that is nothing but nature and animals. Its easy to figure out and use. So....I will keep checking it out more and Twatter can kiss my hiney.

Last edited:
Ha ! I just received hair clippers from Amazon and cut my own hair in a few minutes. Its not a perfect job, because I cannot see the back of my head very well. But I had long hair and the barbers shops are closed because of a lockdown. In any case I did not want to go to the barbers in case I picked up the corona virus there. Now all I have got to figure out is how to do my own teeth.
Or you could be like me and just let it grow...View attachment 415127
Cut quite the figure, SFC Ollie!
Belated Veteran's Day greetings to all my fellows-at-arms.

Forum List

Back