USMB Coffee Shop IV

Busy day today, had a small yard sale and was able to get a bunch of things sold, not as much as I hoped but still. Had help from the neighbors across the street which was great, nice young couple. I'm honestly exhausted, mostly because it got rather warm today. May do another one next Saturday.
Good to know you did well and have good neighbors. I'd like to have a yard sale sometime. I live way to far out in the woods, though, to make it worthwhile. I still have tons of camping gear from when I had my llama packing business. I doubt I'll ever be doing that gig again. I also have lots of tires and wheels and such left from the former partner. I could post some of those on Craigslist. I also have four top-of-the-line llama pack saddles I need to find homes for. Not a big market for stuff like that up here right now.
Have a good morning, Ringel.

I gained 5k pure fat. I gained actually 4kg but I lost 1kg muscle mass and gained 4kg fat, so I gained 5kg pure fat. Is it visible? I hate myself...

Bold move, posting so many photos of yourself, Mort. I prefer not to post personal pics because they just do not reflect the way I see myself.

I just found out I'm losing more hair than I realized because my girlfriend posted a picture of us doing mini golf yesterday. I shaved my head down to 1/8 of an inch last night because I apparently look terrible most of the time! I can't tell looking from the front in the mirror, though, so I didn't know how bad it was. :p

She wants me to try shaving completely bald (while keeping some facial hair). We'll see how that goes. :oops:

I gained 5k pure fat. I gained actually 4kg but I lost 1kg muscle mass and gained 4kg fat, so I gained 5kg pure fat. Is it visible? I hate myself...

Bold move, posting so many photos of yourself, Mort. I prefer not to post personal pics because they just do not reflect the way I see myself.

I just found out I'm losing more hair than I realized because my girlfriend posted a picture of us doing mini golf yesterday. I shaved my head down to 1/8 of an inch last night because I apparently look terrible most of the time! I can't tell looking from the front in the mirror, though, so I didn't know how bad it was. :p

She wants me to try shaving completely bald (while keeping some facial hair). We'll see how that goes. :oops:
I on the other hand haven't had a hair cut in nearly 4 years....

Experiment, Montro! When I noticed how thin my hair was getting, I lost the (almost) lifetime ponytail and now wear it trimmed quite short. Don't know why I waited so long, it's a lot easier to care for this way.

298-large_default.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Experiment, Montro! When I noticed how thin my hair was getting, I lost the (almost) lifetime ponytail and now wear it trimmed quite short. Don't know why I waited so long, it's a lot easier to care for this way.

I already had it very short. At this point it seems I need to be the tiniest buzz cut, at most, for me to be comfortable with it. I don't know how I feel about getting rid of the hair altogether, but I guess it's not all that much different than shaving it down to just 1/8 of an inch lol.

298-large_default.jpg

:eusa_whistle:
Don't forget the orris root powder.

Alrighty, then! Granted a "permanent" restraining order this morning. Former partner now banned for a year. No, he didn't "appear" (phone in) and therefore had nothing to say in his defense, apparently. Things are looking up.
Did I mention the cortisols? Seems that your body produces these hormones in response to stress. Since my surgery, I have lost weight and blood pressure is much better. Lots less stress=lots less cortisol=less fat retention & increased blood pressure. Things are looking up even though I have a lot of short-term stress coming up. Fortunately, all the anticipated stress will just go further to resolve the bad situation I have put myself into. :yes_text12:

Been there done that Mortimer. But what goes on can come off with sufficient motivation & a bit of determination. If you can afford a gym membership, that's a good place to start. And consult w/a trainer on diet & the right kind of exercises to do.

I have had to deal with extra weight most of my life--finally resigned myself I would never be fashion model skinny or anything close to that. But my doc, while she says I could still lose a bit, she doesn't rag me about it. I feel good. And eating healthy does help.

Last edited:
Alrighty, then! Granted a "permanent" restraining order this morning. Former partner now banned for a year. No, he didn't "appear" (phone in) and therefore had nothing to say in his defense, apparently. Things are looking up.
Did I mention the cortisols? Seems that your body produces these hormones in response to stress. Since my surgery, I have lost weight and blood pressure is much better. Lots less stress=lots less cortisol=less fat retention & increased blood pressure. Things are looking up even though I have a lot of short-term stress coming up. Fortunately, all the anticipated stress will just go further to resolve the bad situation I have put myself into. :yes_text12:

1601940440884.png

I already had it very short. At this point it seems I need to be the tiniest buzz cut, at most, for me to be comfortable with it. I don't know how I feel about getting rid of the hair altogether, but I guess it's not all that much different than shaving it down to just 1/8 of an inch lol.

Hombre and I were very young when we married and he did have a full head of hair then. He started losing it in his early 20's though. It was no time I couldn't imagine him with hair. And I think he's really sexy.

1601967577565.png

Hombre and I were very young when we married and he did have a full head of hair then. He started losing it in his early 20's though. It was no time I couldn't imagine him with hair. And I think he's really sexy.

View attachment 397715
If that's a photo of you and Hombre, Foxy, you are an attractive couple indeed.

Forum List

Back