USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hombre and I were very young when we married and he did have a full head of hair then. He started losing it in his early 20's though. It was no time I couldn't imagine him with hair. And I think he's really sexy.

View attachment 397715
If that's a photo of you and Hombre, Foxy, you are an attractive couple indeed.

That's us GW or what's left of us. LOL. But thanks. You're too kind.

On a bad note... Doc called about my blood work last week... Wants to see me about coming up with a 6.7 A1C.....
Last test was a year ago I was 5.7

Yeah, take care of that Ollie though your number is borderline. If a second test confirms the number though, usually just a small change in diet and/or an oral medication will take care of it nicely. Most of my friends with Type II live entirely normal lives & eat and drink what they want within reason. And a couple of them, including my sister-in-law, tested normal without medication after a mild adjustment in diet & adding some physical activity.

Last edited:
On a bad note... Doc called about my blood work last week... Wants to see me about coming up with a 6.7 A1C.....

Yeah, take care of that Ollie though your number is borderline. If a second test confirms the number though, usually just a small change in diet and/or an oral medication will take care of it nicely. Most of my friends with Type II live entirely normal lives & eat and drink what they want within reason. And a couple of them, including my sister-in-law, tested normal without medication after a mild adjustment in diet & adding some physical activity.
That's what I'm hoping for... I can easily make some changes, maybe not so easy on others...

That's what I'm hoping for... I can easily make some changes, maybe not so easy on others...

I doubt you'll need to change much, if anything. Well maybe a whole box of Krispy Kremes might not be a good idea, but you can most likely still have 1 or 2 :)

I don't know your thoughts on stuff like this but I keep my A1C within acceptable bounds using diet (what you eat, not weight loss dieting), herbal supplements, blood pressure, too. Maybe I'm not in too bad a shape but have had problems in the past.

Ever have this happen to you?

1602214524471.png

Had a follow up with my Doc exactly one week since the test was done... I had already made a few diet changes, cut the ice cream at night and stopped my whiskey nightcap. Lost 2.5 pounds in 5 days... Doc says I can still have a sip now and then but if I am serious and want to try (She thinks I can) then with diet changes I can beat this without meds... We'll see how I'm doing in 3 months time..... Shouldn't be a problem.

Howdy all. Yesterday, mr. boe and I had lunch with one of our nieces at the cafe where my folks used to frequently dine. It was sweet, but also sad. Quite a few of the staff came by to say hello and that they missed mom and dad. They even remembered what mom used to order (the same freaking meal every time). I miss them both so much.

It is nice, however, to see a restaurant open and busy here at Ground Zero of Newsollini Shutdown Madness. I'm so tired of this Covid Con, but that is for another area of the board.

Last edited:
Howdy all. Yesterday, mr. boe and I had lunch with one of our nieces at the cafe where my folks used to frequently dine. It was sweet, but also sad. Quite a few of the staff came by to say hello and that they missed mom and dad. They even remembered what mom used to order (the same freaking meal every time). I miss them both so much.

It is nice, however, to see a restaurant open and bust here at Ground Zero of Newsollini Shutdown Madness. I'm so tired of this Covid Con, but that is for another area of the board.

I know what you mean Boe. And I think we can all agree that we're hating this virus but also the lockdowns that are hurting so many now without bringing politics into it.

It is nice, however, to see a restaurant open and bust here at Ground Zero of Newsollini Shutdown Madness. I'm so tired of this Covid Con, but that is for another area of the board.

Hugs and more hugs .. Lady Boe... :smiliehug:

Hugs and more hugs .. Lady Boe... :smiliehug:

Mercy buckets mon cher Lumpikins!

I am 68 years old today. I feel 115 but my mind feels 35. Took a shower and as I was shaving my legs I saw something. What the fuck is that? I asked myself. So I peered alittle closer, fucking up my back while holding on to the handicap rails installed in the tub, and gasped. omg. VARICOSE VEINS!!! :mad:

Had a follow up with my Doc exactly one week since the test was done... I had already made a few diet changes, cut the ice cream at night and stopped my whiskey nightcap. Lost 2.5 pounds in 5 days... Doc says I can still have a sip now and then but if I am serious and want to try (She thinks I can) then with diet changes I can beat this without meds... We'll see how I'm doing in 3 months time..... Shouldn't be a problem.

That's the ticket. More nuts & fresh veggies, keep junk foods to a minimum, sweets in moderation, a baked sweet potato now and then, and I bet you'll be fine w/normal sugar in a fairly short time..

Forum List

Back