USMB Coffee Shop IV

I only buy ammo when I feel like going to the range.. I keep a pretty extensive inventory for those "what if" times.

That's up. We're at the age that martial arts aren't as efficient and effective as they used to be, but we're both pretty good shots. So while its fun to target practice, we also are prepared for those 'what if' times that so far have never come and we pray never do.

twitter too. bad everywhere. which is why I want ammo. lots of it.

The area of Twitter that I haunt is actually pretty darn pleasant, supportive, educational, and fun--not all politics but mostly politics though. But I agree that if you get in with certain crowds it can be extremely unpleasant, sometimes unnerving.

Last edited:
Its unpleasant everywhere. Which is why I just deleted a buttload of people I was following on twitter and posted a tweet that I cannot abide all this crap any more. What was the proverbial straw? That puppy. The one strangled for "fun", and shown on tv while nobody did a damn thing because it was a "protestor" doing it. The pup died.

I can't get it out of my head. I can't. I'm on anti depressants now, just to get mellowed out. Everyone has something they feel strongly about. Looters killing someone/cancer/homeless/child abuse/rape/abortion....so many things that can drive someone completely mad if subjected to it long enough. Mine is animal anuse. Animals..especially baby animals, are PURE souls. No agendas. No sides. Just pure beings. And for those people and that man to do to that pure INNOCENT being...I just cry and cry and cry thinking about it. The image is in my head and drugs aren't even getting it to go away. I'm reminded of the evil, lies its all about George Lloyd when it is NOT about him at all any more and probably never was, the filth, the kneeling of national guard, white people apologizing for being born the race they were born as as if they had a choice.....and nobody...NOBODY doing a damn thing about it. Meanwhile....we witnessed pure innocence being tortured and dying and not knowing WHY. All it wanted was love, that puppy.

My heart died when Karma did. It still had a small spark I guess but its damn sure gone now. I hate this world and I hate what its turned in to. Hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Sorry Foxy. Not supposed to talk about stuff like this in the CS, but I had to write it all out. Maybe that will lance the poison now encompassing me.

Ugh, it's getting pretty bad on USMB lately.

USMB has always had its less edifying & quite unpleasant side. But I have stayed here all these years because of its good side that is also there. You just have to skirt around certain neighborhoods. :)

Normally I agree. Lately, and especially the past week, the bad side has been more prominent. I might come around a bit less; I have a move coming up soon anyway, so other things to do. :)

Went to the local gun shop to buy ammo. Lots of people there purchasing guns/ammo too. I wanted some indoor houseplants but can't find a store open I feel like going to (like a s small nursery instead of walmart or home depot). Maybe the grocery store has some.

We get ours at the grocery store. Funny, Hombre was out looking for ammo, both .38 & .22. this week too. Found a friendly gun shop open not too far from us and was able to get both for the first time in quite awhile.
You Americans buying ammo with your groceries: In England hand guns are totally illegal, and if you are caught with one its a mandatory five years in prison. That applies to stun guns too.
Here laws regarding firearms are even tougher :omg:

Its unpleasant everywhere. Which is why I just deleted a buttload of people I was following on twitter and posted a tweet that I cannot abide all this crap any more. What was the proverbial straw? That puppy. The one strangled for "fun", and shown on tv while nobody did a damn thing because it was a "protestor" doing it. The pup died.

I can't get it out of my head. I can't. I'm on anti depressants now, just to get mellowed out. Everyone has something they feel strongly about. Looters killing someone/cancer/homeless/child abuse/rape/abortion....so many things that can drive someone completely mad if subjected to it long enough. Mine is animal anuse. Animals..especially baby animals, are PURE souls. No agendas. No sides. Just pure beings. And for those people and that man to do to that pure INNOCENT being...I just cry and cry and cry thinking about it. The image is in my head and drugs aren't even getting it to go away. I'm reminded of the evil, lies its all about George Lloyd when it is NOT about him at all any more and probably never was, the filth, the kneeling of national guard, white people apologizing for being born the race they were born as as if they had a choice.....and nobody...NOBODY doing a damn thing about it. Meanwhile....we witnessed pure innocence being tortured and dying and not knowing WHY. All it wanted was love, that puppy.

My heart died when Karma did. It still had a small spark I guess but its damn sure gone now. I hate this world and I hate what its turned in to. Hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Sorry Foxy. Not supposed to talk about stuff like this in the CS, but I had to write it all out. Maybe that will lance the poison now encompassing me.

Get it out Gracie. I agree with all of it and affects me the same. Worse is the animal abuse. I see that happening I will go ballistic on them and history has shown when I do go ballistic, takes a mule or 6 big men to pull me off.

It's the fourth of June and the days are longer. The fireflies (or lightening bugs as we say here) have yet to appear. I'm ready for some carnival food, the elephant ears and candy apples. But the contagion makes such fare another sacrifice we must make.

The Tr-State Pottery Festival has been canceled for the first time. No Pottery Olympics where local Pottery workers compete racing with saggers(long 1x12 s stacked with bisque ware, no Door Knob pitching contests, not even the beard and moustache competition. Alas a big part of the summer won't be here in 2020.

Daisy the Mutt finally had her annual checkup today. She usually endures it in mid April, but the vet's office didn't reopen until Monday.

We're all fine, so far as health goes. I wish I could say the same for our country.

Ugh, it's getting pretty bad on USMB lately.

USMB has always had its less edifying & quite unpleasant side. But I have stayed here all these years because of its good side that is also there. You just have to skirt around certain neighborhoods. :)

Normally I agree. Lately, and especially the past week, the bad side has been more prominent. I might come around a bit less; I have a move coming up soon anyway, so other things to do. :)

Sometimes a time out helps. But don't stay away too long. I miss folks when they have too much other things to do. :)

It's the fourth of June and the days are longer. The fireflies (or lightening bugs as we say here) have yet to appear. I'm ready for some carnival food, the elephant ears and candy apples. But the contagion makes such fare another sacrifice we must make.

The Tr-State Pottery Festival has been canceled for the first time. No Pottery Olympics where local Pottery workers compete racing with saggers(long 1x12 s stacked with bisque ware, no Door Knob pitching contests, not even the beard and moustache competition. Alas a big part of the summer won't be here in 2020.

Daisy the Mutt finally had her annual checkup today. She usually endures it in mid April, but the vet's office didn't reopen until Monday.

We're all fine, so far as health goes. I wish I could say the same for our country.

You have lightning bugs in Ohio? I thought that was only in Texas. :)

A Miracle Whip jar with a lid perforate by a nail then filled with a couple leaves of grass is what little hides need in the twilight's last gleaming. The lightening bugs are easily caught the admired as they blink in that jar.

In my other lifetime I took my family on holiday many times to France, we hired various Gites to stay in for 2 weeks while we toured round.
As a father I enjoyed one on one get together and times with my sons, we would go exploring and always be hungry when we returned.
One evening we were walking back from the village bar, it was pitch black, being deep in the country away from the city lights you could see the night sky perfectly, glowing in the dark we encountered fire flies for the first time, my boys caught some and of course studied them up close.
Fire flies are not flies at all, they are a kind of Beetle, it’s just one memory of the past.

In my other lifetime I took my family on holiday many times to France, we hired various Gites to stay in for 2 weeks while we toured round.
As a father I enjoyed one on one get together and times with my sons, we would go exploring and always be hungry when we returned.
One evening we were walking back from the village bar, it was pitch black, being deep in the country away from the city lights you could see the night sky perfectly, glowing in the dark we encountered fire flies for the first time, my boys caught some and of course studied them up close.
Fire flies are not flies at all, they are a kind of Beetle, it’s just one memory of the past.
We call them lightening bugs.

Nighttime is the worst. But...I'm not as stressed as I was. Maybe I'm numb now? Which I consider a good thing.

Anyway..sorry. Hopefully I will stay in better mindset now. Maybe. I hope.:)

A Miracle Whip jar with a lid perforate by a nail then filled with a couple leaves of grass is what little hides need in the twilight's last gleaming. The lightening bugs are easily caught the admired as they blink in that jar.

Ah yes. We didn't have the critters where I grew up in southeastern New Mexico (or anywhere else in New Mexico for that matter) but there were plenty in Dallas when we would go visit and in Jefferson in northeast Texas where my paternal grandparents lived. And catching the lightning bugs was a special summer pastime, especially for those of us who so rarely ever saw one.

Nighttime is the worst. But...I'm not as stressed as I was. Maybe I'm numb now? Which I consider a good thing.

Anyway..sorry. Hopefully I will stay in better mindset now. Maybe. I hope.:)

I think it is a rare person who doesn't need to blow up now and then, or we would explode. Hopefully we do that in a non destructive manner. Which you did. :)

So for today's critical analysis class, what do you see in this photo?

1591394141035.png

Forum List

Back