USMB Coffee Shop IV

well...….I leave for a couple hours and when I get back I thought I landed on a different board and now I'm lost and can't find my way out. :eek-52:
Yeah, what happened? This is weird.
even though I copy paste the link to the thread, the conversation shows up in the box....but that is the link and if you click it, it will take you to that thread.
I hate this layout, looks like some kindergartner produced it on an Etch-o-Sketch.......... Hopefully they'll flesh it out some more.

I agree, and hopefully the end product will be much more friendly but in the meantime, we're having to roll with the punches I guess

well...….I leave for a couple hours and when I get back I thought I landed on a different board and now I'm lost and can't find my way out. :eek-52:
even though I copy paste the link to the thread, the conversation shows up in the box....but that is the link and if you click it, it will take you to that thread.
I hate this layout, looks like some kindergartner produced it on an Etch-o-Sketch.......... Hopefully they'll flesh it out some more.

I agree, and hopefully the end product will be much more friendly but in the meantime, we're having to roll with the punches I guess
Each post box takes up the whole screen on my 22" (wide screen) monitor which I have set to 125%. If I drop it down to say 90% I will need a magnifying glass to read the posts and my eyes aren't that bad.

Each post box takes up the whole screen on my 22" (wide screen) monitor which I have set to 125%. If I drop it down to say 90% I will need a magnifying glass to read the posts and my eyes aren't that bad.

I agree it's much harder to read or to see everything like it used to be. I hope those points are taken into consideration during the fixing, or we're all going to have to get new glasses.

I agree it's much harder to read or to see everything like it used to be. I hope those points are taken into consideration during the fixing, or we're all going to have to get new glasses.
What's funny is last night I was on the USMB though it had logged me out, I hit refresh and thought my browser had wigged out. I went back and forth a few times before I realized something had happened to the site. :lol:

What's funny is last night I was on the USMB though it had logged me out, I hit refresh and thought my browser had wigged out. I went back and forth a few times before I realized something had happened to the site. :lol:
me too...…….I've been having some 'internet' issues of late and I don't think it's my computer. When I've clicked on one thing and absolutely sure that's what I clicked on, something else shows up. Then in YouTube several genres of videos are suddenly unavailable because of errors, that says I am having trouble streaming...…...but strangely don't have a problem streaming other types of videos....etc.

Sooooooooo, I wasn't sure if the whole internet had been taken hostage by censorship and I had landed somewhere else, other than USMB at first glance...….even second & third glance for that matter. But all is well on that front, sort of

me too...…….I've been having some 'internet' issues of late and I don't think it's my computer. When I've clicked on one thing and absolutely sure that's what I clicked on, something else shows up. Then in YouTube several genres of videos are suddenly unavailable because of errors, that says I am having trouble streaming...…...but strangely don't have a problem streaming other types of videos....etc.

Sooooooooo, I wasn't sure if the whole internet had been taken hostage by censorship and I had landed somewhere else, other than USMB at first glance...….even second & third glance for that matter. But all is well on that front, sort of
I use Brave Browser and it had just updated yesterday so it wouldn't have been a stretch to think it was the browser. As for some funny things in YouTube, yup except mine is I'm watching one then click on another to watch and the page changes but not the video I'm watching. I have to back page then do it again to get the one I clicked on but that's been happening for a while now.

The board does look different. I tried three different times to get in today and was told the website didn't exist but part of it was there. So I finally clicked on the big USMB icon and got into the site and then found the Coffee Shop in the lounge. My screen looks normal size but different.

I had to reset my icon so it takes me straight to the Coffee Shop when I log in. I always start here and then navigate to anywhere else if I am inclined to go anywhere else.

The board does look different. I tried three different times to get in today and was told the website didn't exist but part of it was there. So I finally clicked on the big USMB icon and got into the site and then found the Coffee Shop in the lounge. My screen looks normal size but different.
Supposedly the old software was no longer being supported and had become a security risk so they updated to this version.

1585021859661.png

My other PC is having the weird issue again. I can go to Facebook, Fox News, CNN...but NFL.com is a no go, as is USMB, and DuckDuckGo. Very strange. Trying to get to USMB takes me to the Linksys message saying I need to log in and change parental controls.

It's nice that I can just use another PC, but annoying that I have no idea at all what's causing the problem.

EDIT: Well, it appears the wireless adapter is the problem. I switched with one of my other PC's, and the problem went away. The problem now occurs on the other PC with the one wireless adapter. I guess I'll order a new one.

Last edited:
Hows this for irony? We have been waiting almost 5 years for housing and about 4 of those years have been in northern cali...thru homelessness, renting rooms, fire. And we still wait. BUT....things are moving rapidly now. The apts at home (beach) sent out referal letters to previous landlords and they would not that unless we are next on the list....or...an apt is coming up within the next month and they want us approved and ready to give notice where we are now.

However....the question is..how does one move from one end of the state to another corner of the same state when there is a pandemic going on and martial law is probably soon to be enacted? And..uhaul is shut down. How do two old people pack up and move in these cirmcumstances? Get a permit from the governor to move? Just up and go and hope the national guard doesn't land on us? Haul the furniture and stuff ourselves into the truck because nobody is available or willing to breath our air?

So...I find it a tad ironic. Or maybe its a sign from God. Who knows. San Luis Obispo county has 33 cases of coronavirus (up 6 more since 9am this morning)...yubba/sutter county has 3. Maybe we aren't supposed to go home after all?

oy:uhoh3:

Hows this for irony? We have been waiting almost 5 years for housing and about 4 of those years have been in northern cali...thru homelessness, renting rooms, fire. And we still wait. BUT....things are moving rapidly now. The apts at home (beach) sent out referal letters to previous landlords and they would not that unless we are next on the list....or...an apt is coming up within the next month and they want us approved and ready to give notice where we are now.

However....the question is..how does one move from one end of the state to another corner of the same state when there is a pandemic going on and martial law is probably soon to be enacted? And..uhaul is shut down. How do two old people pack up and move in these cirmcumstances? Get a permit from the governor to move? Just up and go and hope the national guard doesn't land on us? Haul the furniture and stuff ourselves into the truck because nobody is available or willing to breath our air?

So...I find it a tad ironic. Or maybe its a sign from God. Who knows. San Luis Obispo county has 33 cases of coronavirus (up 6 more since 9am this morning)...yubba/sutter county has 3. Maybe we aren't supposed to go home after all?

You guys have not been getting the breaks, Gracie. :(

Some extra prayers up for the right solution for you and Dennis, Gracie.

Wow, had to go back a bunch of pages to find the vigil list. I've been falling down on that job. I keep one posted at my desk, but still. . .

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Jackson for wellness.
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Beautress for wellness.
Gracie and Mr. G. for continued progress for solutions.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and stresses of caring for the animals.
Peach's Mr. P for continued progress, healing, and recovery and Peach for the stresses of being primary caretaker.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Good results for Nosmo's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back, and we rejoice when they do.

And here's a song for all of us feeling somewhat confined and restricted these days.

There will be hot spots....
Hi there coffee slurpers, at the moment I’m relaxing, we did the big shop yesterday, I spent double to what I normally buy.
This weekend we are not venturing out of the house, only idiots are out and about, I’ve seen on tv patients on breathing machines that look dead but still drawing in breath. This is serious stuff happening.

Yes it is. But I honestly don't know a soul who has even tested positive much less has gotten it. So I think with common sense precautions, we're all going to be okay.

It’s going to hit America hard I’m sorry to say, all the big cities will have thousands of people die from it.

I don't think so Roy. I think our leadership was on top of it so quickly and almost everybody is taking it seriously. I think we're going to be okay.

Sorry to hear that Gracie, it's a tough spot to be in. You & Mr G are the only ones to make that decision. Weigh your options, good & bad for both places. Then give it to Him, and soon you'll know which way to go.

IF you choose to move, hopefully they will have sent you an approval letter or other document (if not, get one) that should allow for 'essential' travel purposes during quarantine/lockdown. Also, make sure to have any kind of documentation of having been displaced because of the fire.
And anything else you can prove you've been waiting so long to move and if you don't act now, you'll be homeless again/still. Or better yet, call whatever agency or authority and ask if you can move during lockdown and explain your situation

Best of luck to you, whichever way you go with it.

Forum List

Back