USMB Coffee Shop IV

This will eventually get old (self guarantining) and people WILL begin to rebel. I figure its still novel right now, but in April? Oh hell no will people stick to staying home.

This is no way to live, anyway. I figure if I catch it and die..then ok. It was my time. Am I deliberately looking to catch it? Nope. But I damn sure will not live in a box looking out for the time I have left, either.

Meanwhile...the personal cloth thing works just fine. In my younger years when times were tough financially, thats what I did. And those who are buying up all the TP, napkins, paper towels, baby butt wipes? Assholes.

This will eventually get old (self guarantining) and people WILL begin to rebel. I figure its still novel right now, but in April? Oh hell no will people stick to staying home.

This is no way to live, anyway. I figure if I catch it and die..then ok. It was my time. Am I deliberately looking to catch it? Nope. But I damn sure will not live in a box looking out for the time I have left, either.

Meanwhile...the personal cloth thing works just fine. In my younger years when times were tough financially, thats what I did. And those who are buying up all the TP, napkins, paper towels, baby butt wipes? Assholes.

Gracie: can you go outside? Into a garden?

I'm wondering if my roommates did something with the router to try limiting access to their son while he's home from school. All of a sudden I cannot access a lot of websites on one of my PCs, and sometimes it takes me to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page telling me to log in and change parental access controls. It's annoying, since it's the PC I usually browse the web with. I can get everything fine on this PC and my gaming PC. :dunno:

Strangely my usual web PC is working fine again, no issues connecting to any websites. I have no idea what caused the problem or why it's now fixed.
Yeah I had an Error 404 when I woke up from my hour and a half attempt at sleeping and tried to open the USMB on two different browsers. About fifteen minutes later the website was back to normal and it was the only one I had a problem connecting to.
As for being awake after an hour and a half, my back and shoulder woke me up, couldn't get comfortable so I'm up until I can crash again.

I couldn't connect to DuckDuckGo, which I have as my home page. Some other sites I couldn't get into, either. It was only one the one PC, though. Happened in Windows and in Linux. It was really odd. :p

With everybody working from home and social distancing, I imagine the traffic on all the internet systems is way higher than normal. I would expect a few minor disruptions and slow downs.

Hi there coffee slurpers, at the moment I’m relaxing, we did the big shop yesterday, I spent double to what I normally buy.
This weekend we are not venturing out of the house, only idiots are out and about, I’ve seen on tv patients on breathing machines that look dead but still drawing in breath. This is serious stuff happening.

Yes it is. But I honestly don't know a soul who has even tested positive much less has gotten it. So I think with common sense precautions, we're all going to be okay.

It’s going to hit America hard I’m sorry to say, all the big cities will have thousands of people die from it.

I'm wondering if my roommates did something with the router to try limiting access to their son while he's home from school. All of a sudden I cannot access a lot of websites on one of my PCs, and sometimes it takes me to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page telling me to log in and change parental access controls. It's annoying, since it's the PC I usually browse the web with. I can get everything fine on this PC and my gaming PC. :dunno:

Strangely my usual web PC is working fine again, no issues connecting to any websites. I have no idea what caused the problem or why it's now fixed.
Yeah I had an Error 404 when I woke up from my hour and a half attempt at sleeping and tried to open the USMB on two different browsers. About fifteen minutes later the website was back to normal and it was the only one I had a problem connecting to.
As for being awake after an hour and a half, my back and shoulder woke me up, couldn't get comfortable so I'm up until I can crash again.

I couldn't connect to DuckDuckGo, which I have as my home page. Some other sites I couldn't get into, either. It was only one the one PC, though. Happened in Windows and in Linux. It was really odd. :p

With everybody working from home and social distancing, I imagine the traffic on all the internet systems is way higher than normal. I would expect a few minor disruptions and slow downs.

No doubt, but this was different. I have 3 PCs in my room, all connected wirelessly (I prefer wired connections, but that wasn't an option). 2 of the 3 connected normally, only 1 had the problem. That's fairly odd. It may have had to do with something on my PC (maybe an issue with the wireless adapter), or the router.

Hi there coffee slurpers, at the moment I’m relaxing, we did the big shop yesterday, I spent double to what I normally buy.
This weekend we are not venturing out of the house, only idiots are out and about, I’ve seen on tv patients on breathing machines that look dead but still drawing in breath. This is serious stuff happening.

Yes it is. But I honestly don't know a soul who has even tested positive much less has gotten it. So I think with common sense precautions, we're all going to be okay.

It’s going to hit America hard I’m sorry to say, all the big cities will have thousands of people die from it.

I don't think so Roy. I think our leadership was on top of it so quickly and almost everybody is taking it seriously. I think we're going to be okay.

No doubt, but this was different. I have 3 PCs in my room, all connected wirelessly (I prefer wired connections, but that wasn't an option). 2 of the 3 connected normally, only 1 had the problem. That's fairly odd. It may have had to do with something on my PC (maybe an issue with the wireless adapter), or the router.

Yes who knows. Sometimes my laptop is slow to connect or refuses to do so but my PC here in the office is having no problems. But when it comes to this IT stuff, I am the last person to ask for information. :)
\

If the one having issues is a Linux Distro and the computer has a Broadcom wifi card then that might be the problem. Especially if you set the card drivers to be the Broadcom drivers, you need to use the generic Linux drivers for it. My Lenovo will not work with Linux unless I use a dongle or rewrite the adapter's code........
If it's Windows then most likely it's the adapter or something as simple as the wireless adapter being turned off, hitting a F key can disable the adapter on many devices. Get a good dongle, these are rated the best but you can get cheaper ones $10 - $20 if you don't care about speed.
The best USB Wi-Fi adapter 2020 | PC Gamer
Note: Some may not work with Linux so check just to make sure.

I don't think so Roy. I think our leadership was on top of it so quickly and almost everybody is taking it seriously. I think we're going to be okay.
Positive thinking will help. I hope you Americans stay safe.

upload_2020-3-22_18-12-6.png

If the one having issues is a Linux Distro and the computer has a Broadcom wifi card then that might be the problem. Especially if you set the card drivers to be the Broadcom drivers, you need to use the generic Linux drivers for it. My Lenovo will not work with Linux unless I use a dongle or rewrite the adapter's code........
If it's Windows then most likely it's the adapter or something as simple as the wireless adapter being turned off, hitting a F key can disable the adapter on many devices. Get a good dongle, these are rated the best but you can get cheaper ones $10 - $20 if you don't care about speed.
The best USB Wi-Fi adapter 2020 | PC Gamer
Note: Some may not work with Linux so check just to make sure.

Actually, the one that had issues is my dual-boot, and the issue was the same in Windows and Linux. It makes me think it must be hardware related.

My wifi adapter for this PC is Linksys. It's fairly old, but I don't think it's ever had that issue before.

well...….I leave for a couple hours and when I get back I thought I landed on a different board and now I'm lost and can't find my way out. :eek-52:

well...….I leave for a couple hours and when I get back I thought I landed on a different board and now I'm lost and can't find my way out. :eek-52:
Yeah, what happened? This is weird.
Look in Announcements (if you can find it) for a new thread by Kat 'So you guys know'......lots of chatter. I think Chorizo(?) admin said the old format was obsolete and a major update/change was the only option (or something like that)…..anyway they say they're working out the bugs, but this is our new reality

even though I copy paste the link to the thread, the conversation shows up in the box....but that is the link and if you click it, it will take you to that thread.

even though I copy paste the link to the thread, the conversation shows up in the box....but that is the link and if you click it, it will take you to that thread.
I hate this layout, looks like some kindergartner produced it on an Etch-o-Sketch.......... Hopefully they'll flesh it out some more.

Forum List

Back