USMB Coffee Shop IV

Need a few laughs???????

89850897_4035965143083845_7758489993634381824_n[1].jpg

89706540_685546732213355_8232234034663522304_n[2].png

I'm wondering if my roommates did something with the router to try limiting access to their son while he's home from school. All of a sudden I cannot access a lot of websites on one of my PCs, and sometimes it takes me to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page telling me to log in and change parental access controls. It's annoying, since it's the PC I usually browse the web with. I can get everything fine on this PC and my gaming PC. :dunno:

Strangely my usual web PC is working fine again, no issues connecting to any websites. I have no idea what caused the problem or why it's now fixed.

I'm wondering if my roommates did something with the router to try limiting access to their son while he's home from school. All of a sudden I cannot access a lot of websites on one of my PCs, and sometimes it takes me to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page telling me to log in and change parental access controls. It's annoying, since it's the PC I usually browse the web with. I can get everything fine on this PC and my gaming PC. :dunno:

Strangely my usual web PC is working fine again, no issues connecting to any websites. I have no idea what caused the problem or why it's now fixed.
Yeah I had an Error 404 when I woke up from my hour and a half attempt at sleeping and tried to open the USMB on two different browsers. About fifteen minutes later the website was back to normal and it was the only one I had a problem connecting to.
As for being awake after an hour and a half, my back and shoulder woke me up, couldn't get comfortable so I'm up until I can crash again.

I just paid my ER bill for when I went in with kidney stone pain: just under $1700, not including the $125 I paid while I was there. Apparently the $3100 I was charged is not abnormal, but it is completely ridiculous. I didn't get any treatment, I didn't get any imaging. They DID do some quick testing to rule out some things, but that's it. Basically they took a little blood and did a few tests on it, monitored my heartrate and oxygen while I was there, and looked at (not tested) a urine sample. Then the doc diagnosed me with the kidney stone based on my symptoms. What is the $3100 for? So far as I can tell, it's just because it was an ER.

I need to find an urgent care clinic or something similar in the area and try that if I have any sort of emergency in the future. The ER is too damned expensive. I get why people don't pay. I don't want to contribute to that, so I did pay, but holy crap that was a lot for almost nothing.
I only charge half that amount........ And I'm 100% holistic........

iu

Point A
th

Point B
001_177_rb-image-1697649.jpeg

Finished product...
main-qimg-a3b88c220075d30e87d0e255ae7723f9

I have used out houses in my earlier life, but never corn cobs. But they are rather soft and probably would work.

where did you find a soft corn cob?

The cob itself of course is rigid but they are softish on the surface making it feasible to use them for. . .you know. . .

Now I ask you guys. Is there anywhere other than the Coffee Shop where you might find a discussion on corn cobs as a potential solution to the TP shortage????

Plenty of conversations here that you probably won't see other places. Go try wiping your butt on a corn cob and then come back and tell me how soft it is. Some of us have hands on experience.
Here in the southwest we have Texas toilet paper.

iu

Hi there coffee slurpers, at the moment I’m relaxing, we did the big shop yesterday, I spent double to what I normally buy.
This weekend we are not venturing out of the house, only idiots are out and about, I’ve seen on tv patients on breathing machines that look dead but still drawing in breath. This is serious stuff happening.

Point A
th

Point B
001_177_rb-image-1697649.jpeg

Finished product...
main-qimg-a3b88c220075d30e87d0e255ae7723f9

I have used out houses in my earlier life, but never corn cobs. But they are rather soft and probably would work.

where did you find a soft corn cob?

The cob itself of course is rigid but they are softish on the surface making it feasible to use them for. . .you know. . .

Now I ask you guys. Is there anywhere other than the Coffee Shop where you might find a discussion on corn cobs as a potential solution to the TP shortage????

Plenty of conversations here that you probably won't see other places. Go try wiping your butt on a corn cob and then come back and tell me how soft it is. Some of us have hands on experience.
Here in the southwest we have Texas toilet paper.

iu

:surprised1:

Yeah I had an Error 404 when I woke up from my hour and a half attempt at sleeping and tried to open the USMB on two different browsers. About fifteen minutes later the website was back to normal and it was the only one I had a problem connecting to.
As for being awake after an hour and a half, my back and shoulder woke me up, couldn't get comfortable so I'm up until I can crash again.

I couldn't connect to DuckDuckGo, which I have as my home page. Some other sites I couldn't get into, either. It was only one the one PC, though. Happened in Windows and in Linux. It was really odd. :p

I couldn't connect to DuckDuckGo, which I have as my home page. Some other sites I couldn't get into, either. It was only one the one PC, though. Happened in Windows and in Linux. It was really odd. :p
I blame the Corona Virus......... Most likely the Corona Beer version of the virus.........

Hi there coffee slurpers, at the moment I’m relaxing, we did the big shop yesterday, I spent double to what I normally buy.
This weekend we are not venturing out of the house, only idiots are out and about, I’ve seen on tv patients on breathing machines that look dead but still drawing in breath. This is serious stuff happening.

Yes it is. But I honestly don't know a soul who has even tested positive much less has gotten it. So I think with common sense precautions, we're all going to be okay.

I just paid my ER bill for when I went in with kidney stone pain: just under $1700, not including the $125 I paid while I was there. Apparently the $3100 I was charged is not abnormal, but it is completely ridiculous. I didn't get any treatment, I didn't get any imaging. They DID do some quick testing to rule out some things, but that's it. Basically they took a little blood and did a few tests on it, monitored my heartrate and oxygen while I was there, and looked at (not tested) a urine sample. Then the doc diagnosed me with the kidney stone based on my symptoms. What is the $3100 for? So far as I can tell, it's just because it was an ER.

I need to find an urgent care clinic or something similar in the area and try that if I have any sort of emergency in the future. The ER is too damned expensive. I get why people don't pay. I don't want to contribute to that, so I did pay, but holy crap that was a lot for almost nothing.

The urgent care centers here do cost a lot less. But they should have tried crushing that stone I would think. Painful, especially for you guys.

went to the market..finally got hold of eggs and milk. No tp tho. Not too worried about that anyway.
Then I got stung by a wasp on my neck. Lucky me.

Doing lots of jigsaw puzzles. Reading. Netflix and Prime. Napping. I gained some weight. :(

Yes we also got milk and eggs yesterday. But no bread or flour yet and no paper goods of any kind. If this goes on much longer somebody is likely to clean up big time with a black market on some essentials.

The urgent care centers here do cost a lot less. But they should have tried crushing that stone I would think. Painful, especially for you guys.
I think that’s only done if the stone is too big to pass on it’s own. I’m trying to remember my medical terminology for that...lithotripsy I think?

Just finished dinner, paprika chicken with sour cream gravy over rice and sweet corn. It was good. :thup:

The wife wasn't impressed, "too heavy" was her verdict.

Last edited:
went to the market..finally got hold of eggs and milk. No tp tho. Not too worried about that anyway.

Doing lots of jigsaw puzzles. Reading. Netflix and Prime. Napping. I gained some weight. :(

Yes we also got milk and eggs yesterday. But no bread or flour yet and no paper goods of any kind. If this goes on much longer somebody is likely to clean up big time with a black market on some essentials.
The other area that's picked clean is the potato section, not the frozen taters just the whole taters.

The other area that's picked clean is the potato section, not the frozen taters just the whole taters.

Yes the potato bins and counters are empty.

I am still coming up with creative ways to use that 20 lb sack of flour I had to buy in order to have flour. Tonight I made Navajo tacos with fry bread. So-so to me but Perry declared it delicious and wants it again.

One thing I'm really miffed about is that Albertsons was completely out of popcorn except for the microwave stuff that we don't use. Popcorn is my #1 comfort food and preferred snack over any other. I sure hope my last remaining supply holds out until Amazon can get some more here.

Forum List

Back