USMB Coffee Shop IV

90056639_3217995944899715_312238972753412096_n.jpg

Point A
th

Point B
001_177_rb-image-1697649.jpeg

Finished product...
main-qimg-a3b88c220075d30e87d0e255ae7723f9

I have used out houses in my earlier life, but never corn cobs. But they are rather soft and probably would work.

We had always used either toilet paper or pages from Sears or Montgomery Ward catalogs......never corn cobs, but have heard of it. If I'm not mistaken those cobs have been dried which makes them more like extra course sandpaper.....not really something I'd want to try.

And if all else fails, there is the 'dedicated' or 'family' cloth. Everyone is issued a piece of cloth or old towel or rag and must wash & sanitize their own between uses.

When I mentioned that eventual possibility to my sons, they're like 'OH HAIL NO'...…..I just laughed & told them they may not have much choice

So I get home tonite, check the mail, and there's a slim envelope from China. First thought is wtf is this. Who's mailing me the Wuhan? Text wife, she can't remember ordering anything so I hose the entire days mail down with copious amounts of lysol spray both sides til it's soaked.
There's a description of product on front I notice, some sort of patch. Text wife again, that rings a bell. Ordered months ago so it must have come from someplace in the hotzone that was shut down. Lysoled it some more, got the med gloves and into the trash it went.

I have clothes from china ordered. Via the app wish. Should I throw it in the trash basket?

By the time they get here any virus that might have been on them will likely be long dead. But just air them out in the sun for a few hours to be sure. And welcome to the Coffee Shop Mortimer. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we're about in here and keep joining in.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage:

starbucks-triple-mocha-frappe.jpg

So many people working from home...and here I am, having worked from home for most of my working life (almost 10 years each doing data entry from home and being a nanny), now in a job that cannot be done from home. :eusa_doh:

Somebody help me! Mrs. BBD has me locked in the basement. She calls it “social distance”. I’m not sure she understands what the President meant.

went to the market..finally got hold of eggs and milk. No tp tho. Not too worried about that anyway.
Then I got stung by a wasp on my neck. Lucky me.

Doing lots of jigsaw puzzles. Reading. Netflix and Prime. Napping. I gained some weight. :(

I just paid my ER bill for when I went in with kidney stone pain: just under $1700, not including the $125 I paid while I was there. Apparently the $3100 I was charged is not abnormal, but it is completely ridiculous. I didn't get any treatment, I didn't get any imaging. They DID do some quick testing to rule out some things, but that's it. Basically they took a little blood and did a few tests on it, monitored my heartrate and oxygen while I was there, and looked at (not tested) a urine sample. Then the doc diagnosed me with the kidney stone based on my symptoms. What is the $3100 for? So far as I can tell, it's just because it was an ER.

I need to find an urgent care clinic or something similar in the area and try that if I have any sort of emergency in the future. The ER is too damned expensive. I get why people don't pay. I don't want to contribute to that, so I did pay, but holy crap that was a lot for almost nothing.

I'm wondering if my roommates did something with the router to try limiting access to their son while he's home from school. All of a sudden I cannot access a lot of websites on one of my PCs, and sometimes it takes me to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi page telling me to log in and change parental access controls. It's annoying, since it's the PC I usually browse the web with. I can get everything fine on this PC and my gaming PC. :dunno:

Forum List

Back