USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sorry I have been MIA. Been watching a lot of netflix and tv. Blue Planet II premiered tonight and I had to watch that. Then I watched the new season of Grace and Frankie. Now I am on Longmire.
I had a cold..not the flu, thankfully, and am feeling better but still not off the netflix kick. And cold? omg. My joints are having a cow. Highs have been upper 40's during the day, 30's at night. And yes..to this californian gal..thats COLD.

Anyway..just wanted to pop in and say howdy. :)

We have been binge watching "LA Law", positively the best lawyer series ever put on television.

I've been binge watching NCIS. Gee they have a lot of seasons.

I have seen enough of NCIS. I watched series 10 but it became tedious with the same old type cast characters.
I am ok for something to watch though because my sister gave me 'game of thrones' series 7 for Christmas.

I lost interest in NCIS when Tony left. Abby is an irritant but I made do by trying to ignore her most of the time. Now that she is leaving, I still have no desire to watch it again...because Tony is gone.

Longmire is pretty good...but...it ain't no Law & Order. It's kinda corny, actually.

I am sometimes reduced to watching, Law & Order, special victims unit. Because it is often the only thing on I want to watch late and night. But some of it is disturbing.

Hmm. I think I will start Law & Order again. Maybe it will erase seeing Sam Waterston making out with Martin Sheen on Grace and Frankie. I still cringe at that....seeing Sam play this pacifist idiot wuss. Watching his love affair with Sheen is almost like having to watch Sam Elliot get it on with Bruce Willis.:cool-45:

I lost interest in NCIS when Tony left. Abby is an irritant but I made do by trying to ignore her most of the time. Now that she is leaving, I still have no desire to watch it again...because Tony is gone.

I did not see the episodes where Tony left, but I did see he has a new show called 'Bull'. But I did not watch any of it because as far as I am concerned, he is Tony of NCIS and I can't see him as a different character.

My employer and the little one are preparing dinner. They are making what might be some kind of steak; thin cuts of meat, anyway. The little one was putting the meat in shredded Parmesan, then some egg, then breadcrumbs. For the last one, they skipped the cheese, because I don't like it. The little one said she did not want cheese on hers, either, but they had already done all but one cut of meat. My employer told her she wouldn't even be able to taste the cheese. I've never understood.....why put the damn cheese on, then? Is the texture of shredded Parmesan somehow important?

Sometimes food needs something for texture, or to get things to stick together, things like that. I don't think shredded Parmesan on the outside of a cut of meat which is also getting dipped in egg and breadcrumbs qualifies. :p

After we found out that we had a free day today, Hombre requested snickerdoodles. (We are out of all the Christmas cookies.) So I agreed if he helped. He actually did so without grumbling or complaining :) and ultimately, though I did stand close to supervise and measured out the dry ingredients, he did the rest--blending, mixing, making the little balls and rolling them in cinnamon sugar. And they turned out great. It was fun for me and I think he enjoyed it too. :)

I have a funny feeling the neighbors are going to wuss out on taking IttyBit to Chico tomorrow for her spay. She won't call me. When I walk over there, she stays in her garage and I have to give messages to her boyfriend.
If she does NOT come get IttyBit before dark..then all bets are off. She has to be locked up so she is able to be caught and transported at 7am. I don't do chicken hours and I am paying for it, so it would seem she would have called me as I asked her to to figure out the schedule for her trip to the vet. IF the neighbors don't do this...I will not pay her spaying at all. She is NOT my cat. However, I will take her to the local vet and pay for her rabies shot.

Last edited:
26733370_1933516910309892_5074870265584123728_n.jpg

I did not see the episodes where Tony left, but I did see he has a new show called 'Bull'. But I did not watch any of it because as far as I am concerned, he is Tony of NCIS and I can't see him as a different character.
I rather enjoy Bull. The show is loosely based on Dr Phil.

Country ribs were on sale at Albertson's for .97 cents per pound in roughly 6 lb packages.......
That's enough for 3 to 4 meals of very meaty cuts. Obviously we had oven BBQed country ribs for dinner, yeah they were good....... :thup:

Country ribs were on sale at Albertson's for .97 cents per pound in roughly 6 lb packages.......
That's enough for 3 to 4 meals of very meaty cuts. Obviously we had oven BBQed country ribs for dinner, yeah they were good....... :thup:

Yum. So did we but I used some ribs we already had in the freezer.

The lovely bones is about a 14 yr old girl who is murdered but is stuck in an in-between state because she wants her murderer brought to justice. The story takes place in the 1970's.

Forum List

Back