USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Drifter for the best job ever,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment,
NosmoKing's cold,

And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Esthermoon, Sixfoot, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

And for tonight's word of wisdom. . ..
wisdom-quotes-funny.jpg

Good morning everybody. It is brrrrrr cold in Albuquerque this morning and isn't going to get much above 40 today if that. But the sun is shining. I have an injection in my eye this afternoon. Not looking forward to it.

Wow. Handsome. But then again, so is the guy playing Lucifer.

Oh the guy playing Lucifer is absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!! Not my type at all, but gorgeous! I haven't watched any of that either though.

What about the guy that plays his brother Amenadiel? I have a horrible time trying to guess what people find attractive in men. I've often been confused by female friends and the celebrities they think are good looking. :p

lucifer.jpg

Oh the guy playing Lucifer is absolutely drop dead gorgeous!!! Not my type at all, but gorgeous! I haven't watched any of that either though.

What about the guy that plays his brother Amenadiel? I have a horrible time trying to guess what people find attractive in men. I've often been confused by female friends and the celebrities they think are good looking. :p

lucifer.jpg

I think both are very good looking men, but agree with Foxfyre, not really my type. :)

lucifer.jpg

Both of these guys are very good looking. But yes, most men don't really understand what women find most attractive physically in men. We women do understand the T & A appeal of various female celebrities, but aren't real clear on why one beautiful woman is more 'hot' than another?

This is more my type. :biggrin:
Chris-Hemsworth-chris-hemsworth-30822817-1280-1024.jpg

He is beautiful.but doesn't quite get there as my type for me.

It's hard for me to judge what exactly is my type when it comes to guys. And being attracted to somebody is a much different thing than just simple good looks. So as a kid, I was attracted to Roy Rodgers and Lash Larue and Audie Murphy when he did westerns--they all generated that oh my swoon effect--but not Gene Autry (he was yucky to me) or Hopalong Cassidy. My mother thought Randolph Scott and Kirk Douglas were dreamy, but I just couldn't see it. No interest whatsoever. I think old actors like Gregory Peck or Cary Grant are gorgeous, but they just weren't/aren't my type. I did have a huge crush on Dean Martin way back when though. Why? No idea.

These days the guys I like to just look at and admire are guys like the guy who plays Lucifer, Keanu Reeves, Colin Farrel, Dermot Mulroney, Denzel Washington, and others of the 1980's and 1990's that I'll think of during the day now. :) Why I find these guys really attractive and others just handsome but less interesting to just look at and admire? No clue. I don't watch enough modern movies to know who is sexy to me and who isn't.

And yes, I have been happily married to the same guy for many decades now. But we both enjoy (and tolerate) a little harmless window shopping. We aren't at all dead. Just looking is okay. :)

This is Daisy the Mutt's ninth birthday! She will go for a walk with me later this afternoon and have a shot at chasing any squirrels who have poked their noses out during our much anticipated January thaw.

I was thinking last night about the swag my family print shop once received from vendors. I suppose businesses got promotional gifts from their vendors and those gifts were specific to specific businesses. At our print shop all employees wore burnt orange colored canvas aprons designed for the needs of typographers. The pocket of the aprons were sized to hold pica gauges and the forceps used to pluck the individual pieces of type from the cubby holed cases.

Ink suppliers gave Pop books of matches that were double wide and featuring a picture of their ink factory. Braden-Suptfin Ink. Paper salesmen plied Pop's business with plastic pocket protectors and box seats to Pirates games at Forbes Field. Boxes of navel oranges were given to everyone at the shop by the suppliers of solvents and rags used to clean the presses.

It made me wonder what kinds of business swag was given to other merchants in town. What goodies were given to the funeral homes? What did the florists get from their vendors?

Anyway, while the women debate the features of male movie stars, might I weigh in on which women in show business I find attractive? For me, it begins and ends with Rita Hayworth. But, as Miss Hayworth is no longer with us, I would further champion Julianna Margolese and Renee Russo.

He is beautiful.but doesn't quite get there as my type for me.

It's hard for me to judge what exactly is my type when it comes to guys. And being attracted to somebody is a much different thing than just simple good looks. So as a kid, I was attracted to Roy Rodgers and Lash Larue and Audie Murphy when he did westerns--they all generated that oh my swoon effect--but not Gene Autry (he was yucky to me) or Hopalong Cassidy. My mother thought Randolph Scott and Kirk Douglas were dreamy, but I just couldn't see it. No interest whatsoever. I think old actors like Gregory Peck or Cary Grant are gorgeous, but they just weren't/aren't my type. I did have a huge crush on Dean Martin way back when though. Why? No idea.

These days the guys I like to just look at and admire are guys like the guy who plays Lucifer, Keanu Reeves, Colin Farrel, Dermot Mulroney, Denzel Washington, and others of the 1980's and 1990's that I'll think of during the day now. :) Why I find these guys really attractive and others just handsome but less interesting to just look at and admire? No clue. I don't watch enough modern movies to know who is sexy to me and who isn't.

And yes, I have been happily married to the same guy for many decades now. But we both enjoy (and tolerate) a little harmless window shopping. We aren't at all dead. Just looking is okay. :)

I totally agree with you Foxfyre.
Just because we are married does not mean that we have to be blind and mute. :biggrin:

This is Daisy the Mutt's ninth birthday! She will go for a walk with me later this afternoon and have a shot at chasing any squirrels who have poked their noses out during our much anticipated January thaw.

I was thinking last night about the swag my family print shop once received from vendors. I suppose businesses got promotional gifts from their vendors and those gifts were specific to specific businesses. At our print shop all employees wore burnt orange colored canvas aprons designed for the needs of typographers. The pocket of the aprons were sized to hold pica gauges and the forceps used to pluck the individual pieces of type from the cubby holed cases.

Ink suppliers gave Pop books of matches that were double wide and featuring a picture of their ink factory. Braden-Suptfin Ink. Paper salesmen plied Pop's business with plastic pocket protectors and box seats to Pirates games at Forbes Field. Boxes of navel oranges were given to everyone at the shop by the suppliers of solvents and rags used to clean the presses.

It made me wonder what kinds of business swag was given to other merchants in town. What goodies were given to the funeral homes? What did the florists get from their vendors?

Anyway, while the women debate the features of male movie stars, might I weigh in on which women in show business I find attractive? For me, it begins and ends with Rita Hayworth. But, as Miss Hayworth is no longer with us, I would further champion Julianna Margolese and Renee Russo.

I don't usually think too much about who is the most attractive actress; in Hollywood, most actresses tend to be attractive. That said, off the top of my head I'd go with Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek.

That's a good choice, just to promote comic book based movies. :lol:

No, it's the built, the thicker neck and strong jaw that many men have.
You are just looking at the role he plays. :)
I'm looking at the over all construction, not his movie roles.

What do you think about Vin Diesel? I have a female friend who thinks he's very good looking, but I think that's mostly about his body; I tend to look at a woman's face first.

That's a good choice, just to promote comic book based movies. :lol:

No, it's the built, the thicker neck and strong jaw that many men have.
You are just looking at the role he plays. :)
I'm looking at the over all construction, not his movie roles.

What do you think about Vin Diesel? I have a female friend who thinks he's very good looking, but I think that's mostly about his body; I tend to look at a woman's face first.

I think he is handsome all over. :)
Women look at the face and body also, not just one or the other.
Then it's also the personality. That's another whole subject to consider.

I don't usually think too much about who is the most attractive actress; in Hollywood, most actresses tend to be attractive. That said, off the top of my head I'd go with Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek.
The dark eyed Latina type, eh? I have an itch for redheads. The Faire Colleen.

Forum List

Back