US Representative Ron Wright dies following COVID-19 diagnosis at 67

What a terrifying pandemic.
100,000 Americans have died of Covid since the beginning of 2021, jackass.

No, they didn't. That's bullshit.
No, itā€™s true shit

January's death toll has already surpassed the previous record number of fatalities set in December, when over 77,400 people in the U.S. died of Covid-19, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. The pandemic has taken more than 79,200 lives so far this month, according to the data.​
You get that we're well into February Seabitch, and the Synthia is a liar.
No shit. If it was almost 80,000 just for January and we are losing 3,000-4,000 a day...can you do the math aptly named one?

those numbers are not real

If you don't have pneumonia you cannot die of covid

and just because you tested positive for covid with pneumonia doesn't mean the covid caused the pneumonia. How likely that is varies on the cycles used on the PCR test.

For most of history a doctor would have said cold/pneumonia or viral pneumonia because it's more hassle than it's worth finding out exactly what virus you've got.
You fucking COVID truthers are nuts and I donā€™t understand your motivation.

Covid truther? lol. Maybe you should remember your education. I can read a data set as well as standardized tests can measure.

PCR tests are not what you think they are, you should know this by now. Massive false positive rate. Well over 50% at 35 cycles which was very common in the US. Although how common is unclear because labs don't report this data

It's been a year pleb

Maybe stop with teh appeals to authority use your head. I've spend the year slapping around phds, you pleb have no idea what you're talking about. Even my ivy league kin. You are clearly not ivy league material.
Please, the only thing you spent a year slapping around is your dick, COVID truther.

Uh huh says the pleb

i'm half south asian. I don't think i need to say anymore about my STEM credentials

statistically the likelyhood of you being on my level academically is almost non existant.

otehr than math people don't come smarter than me

remember your place whitey. Clearly not on top fo the heap
The likelihood of someone lying about their intelligence level on an anonymous board ...100%.

Itā€™s beyond obvious that you are lying.

You think im lying about my ethnicity?

not gonna meet many indians in the states who feel the need to do that
I donā€™t know or care. I do know youā€™re lying about your intelligence level.

ok sure pleb

get out more you fucking shut in. maybe the cognitive dissonance will set in

i assure you if we spoke in person you would not be questioning me you little autist.

You have no idea where to begin trying to defend your bullshit. Next time some one treats like you like shit don't wonder why. You're a vapid little faggot
Yeah, I think I would probably still be questioning your intelligence if we met in person. For sure on the internet youā€™re making shit up.

(Let me clue you in on a little secret, a big tell is the quantity of ad hominems.)

I don't know. He discussed details of the tests that you did not address.
Positive test rates have nothing to do with death rates. People are dying of COVID whether they test positive or not. Nobody is inflating death totals. You COVID truthers are twisted.

What percentage of the death totals, are primarily from covid with co-morbidities as contributing factors, and what percentage are primarily from the co-morbidities with convid as a contributing factor?
The people that have COVID listed on their death certificates died of COVID...like the congressman from Texas. Yes, he had cancer but COVID, not cancer, killed him. If you have cancer and get decapitated in an auto accident, they donā€™t say you died from cancer. Fucking sick ass COVID truthers...
No. Wrong. If you have comorbidities, and cancer is a very big comorbidity, your death is almost certainly a combination of causes. Not just Covid. The fact that the establishment is claiming all these deaths are solely from Covid, should make you suspicious.

Why? Where is the motivation? What would doctors have to gain by inflating COVID deaths? The congressman from Texas was not dying...until he got COVID. Herman Cain was not dying until he got COVID. COVID killed them, not their cancer.
You are terribly uninformed. Hospitals are receiving government funds for every Covid death. If you are unaware of this, you must admit you are uninformed. Get informed before posting.

In addition, do you not think big pharma is making out HUGE from this pandemic? They have a vested interest in promoting Covid deaths, and they control the political class and the MSM with they enormous wealth.
No they aren't. That LIE was debunked ages ago.

Fucking COVID truthers are stupid and dangerous.
Oh well.
Wealthy hospitals rake in U.S. disaster aid for COVID-19 costs
Wealthy hospitals rake in U.S. disaster aid for COVID-19 costs
A Big Money Incentive

A provision in the March 2020 Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, known as the CARES Act, gives a major incentive for hospitals in the US, most all of them private, for-profit businesses, to deem newly-admitted patients as ā€œpresumed COVID-19.ā€ By this simple method the hospital then qualifies for a substantially larger payment from the government Medicare insurance, the national insurance for those over 65. The word ā€œpresumedā€ is not scientific, not at all precise but very tempting for hospitals concerned about their income in this crisis.

Dr Summer McGhee, Dean of the School of Health Sciences at the University of New Haven, notes that,

ā€œThe CARES Act authorized a temporary 20 percent increase in reimbursements from Medicare for COVID-19 patientsā€¦ā€ He added that, as a result, ā€œhospitals that get a lot of COVID-19 patients also get extra money from the government.ā€

Then, according to a Minnesota medical doctor, Scott Jensen, also a State Senator, if that COVID-19 designated patient is put on a ventilator, even if only presumed to have COVID-19, the hospital can get reimbursed three times the sum from the Medicare.

Right now, Medicare is determining that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you get $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator you get $39,000, three times as much.ā€

Little wonder that state governors, such as Massachusettsā€™ Governor Charlie Baker, suddenly began back-dating causes of death (totals back to March 30, significantly inflating COVID death numbers, or that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo began demanding 30,000 ventilators and emergency equipment around the same early April time, equipment that was not needed.

In short, the COVID-19 death statistics in the USA are highly dubious for a variety of reasons, not least of which is the huge financial incentives to hospital administrators who had been told to cancel all other operations to make extra room for a ā€œpredictedā€ flood of coronavirus illnesses. That ā€œrisingā€ death toll said to be ā€œCOVID-19-or presumed to be-COVID-19ā€ brings on the decisions to lock down the economy and in effect create an economic pandemic of unparalleled dimensions.
Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics, Especially COVID Statistics - LewRockwell
It only applies to Medicare patients. Said so in the fact check if youā€™d bothered to read it. It also says there is zero evidence that any doctor is listing non COVID deaths as COVID.
No. I donā€™t think so.

One thing is certain. When the government subsidizes something, you get more of it.

Not being a able to admit defeat, is fairly normal behavior, hardly, "very sick".

BUT, if true, it means he really believes it. That is thus not a lie, but him being possibly and honestly wrong.

That shit cans all this talk of The Big Lie with all of it's nazis implications.

You are confusing not wanting to admit defeat because it is unpleasant with not being able to admit defeat because you are pathological.

It is a a lie because he did intellectually know better at one point. Plus, this would have no merit legally.

No idea what your last line is about. "That shit cans all this talk of The Big Lie with all of it's nazis implications."

Compromised lungs, compromised immune system from cancer treatments. But that is downplayed to maximize the fear factor. Our media sucks.

I saw pictures of him walking around without a mask on. This is where "personal responsibility" comes in.

When there was an outbreak in my daughter's working crew, and I express my worries for her health, she replied "Don't worry about me, Mom. I only take my mask off when I'm eating, and socially distanced from everyone else. The people who all tested positive are the ones who used to laugh at me for wearing a mask all of the time". I'm getting double shifts at overtime pay until they get better.

That does not jive with the stated benefits of wearing a mask vs the benefit of OTHER people wearing masks.

Not being a able to admit defeat, is fairly normal behavior, hardly, "very sick".

BUT, if true, it means he really believes it. That is thus not a lie, but him being possibly and honestly wrong.

That shit cans all this talk of The Big Lie with all of it's nazis implications.

You are confusing not wanting to admit defeat because it is unpleasant with not being able to admit defeat because you are pathological.

It is a a lie because he did intellectually know better at one point. Plus, this would have no merit legally.

No idea what your last line is about. "That shit cans all this talk of The Big Lie with all of it's nazis implications."

The stated behavior was, "not being able to admit defeat".

My point was that someone who has failed to "admit defeat" to themselves, truly believes that he was not "defeated".

Your pretense of not knowing about the way many on the left have been using the "Big Lie" to imply nazi, is not credible.

If Trump truly believes that he was not "defeated", then he was not lying, when he said he was not "defeated".

He's the first sitting member of Congress to die from Covid-19.

Cue the retarded "Duhhhhh, he died from lung cancer, derp derp, derp" comments. Who will be the first?

Rep. Ron Wright of Texas, who was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2018, has died at the age of 67 after contracting COVID-19, a spokesperson announced on Monday. Wright is the first sitting member of Congress to die after testing positive for the virus. People shared messages of condolences following the news of his death.

I guess having lung cancer had nothing to do with it?
Stupid idiot.

He was doing fine until he contracted Covid.
Stupid idiot.

He's 86 and had health problems---average age is 78. something years.......

He was 67. Canā€™t you read? :laugh:
He was 67 with lung cancer. Can you read?

Yeah....but he should have worn a mask.

Thatā€™s right he should have. Had he worn a mask he would likely be alive today to continue to fight the cancer.

How the heck do you know that he wasn't wearing one?????
If anything....he most likely took more precautions taking into account his highly precarious medical condition.
You're making an assumption without any facts.
Perhaps Fauci was right that masks do more harm than good.

Cue the retarded "Duhhhhh, he died from lung cancer, derp derp, derp" comments. Who will be the first?

Rep. Ron Wright of Texas, who was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2018, has died at the age of 67 after contracting COVID-19, a spokesperson announced on Monday. Wright is the first sitting member of Congress to die after testing positive for the virus. People shared messages of condolences following the news of his death.

Comorbidity. Only 6% of deaths recorded are caused by Covid alone. You stay scared shitless. Some people live to live not just survive. Pathetic fear mongering is pathetic fear mongering.

Stupidity is just stupidity. Ignorance is its own reward.

Those of us who are listening to the scientists aren't staying home out of fear. We're staying home to shut the virus down, get our vaccinations and move on. I'm only a few short weeks away from vaccination, and supply issues have been resolved. I had a perfect decent summer with my family at the lake.

No big public events last summer. No soccer or baseball for the kids. The pool was open for limited numbers of local swimmers, but people got outside and visited on porches again.

Oh wait. I live in a country where we keep flattening the curve without infecting tens of millions of people and bankrupting the national treasury to treat them.

Comorbidity. Only 6% of deaths recorded are caused by Covid alone. You stay scared shitless. Some people live to live not just survive. Pathetic fear mongering is pathetic fear mongering.

Stupidity is just stupidity. Ignorance is its own reward.

Those of us who are listening to the scientists aren't staying home out of fear. We're staying home to shut the virus down, get our vaccinations and move on. I'm only a few short weeks away from vaccination, and supply issues have been resolved. I had a perfect decent summer with my family at the lake.

No big public events last summer. No soccer or baseball for the kids. The pool was open for limited numbers of local swimmers, but people got outside and visited on porches again.

Oh wait. I live in a country where we keep flattening the curve without infecting tens of millions of people and bankrupting the national treasury to treat them.

You are a brainwashed idiot. I can turn on the MSM and hear the same excuses. Come back when you have something of your own to say. I do not expect that to happen because I just do not think you are capable.

No, itā€™s true shit

January's death toll has already surpassed the previous record number of fatalities set in December, when over 77,400 people in the U.S. died of Covid-19, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. The pandemic has taken more than 79,200 lives so far this month, according to the data.​
No shit. If it was almost 80,000 just for January and we are losing 3,000-4,000 a day...can you do the math aptly named one?

and just because you tested positive for covid with pneumonia doesn't mean the covid caused the pneumonia. How likely that is varies on the cycles used on the PCR test.

For most of history a doctor would have said cold/pneumonia or viral pneumonia because it's more hassle than it's worth finding out exactly what virus you've got.

Covid truther? lol. Maybe you should remember your education. I can read a data set as well as standardized tests can measure.

PCR tests are not what you think they are, you should know this by now. Massive false positive rate. Well over 50% at 35 cycles which was very common in the US. Although how common is unclear because labs don't report this data

It's been a year pleb

Maybe stop with teh appeals to authority use your head. I've spend the year slapping around phds, you pleb have no idea what you're talking about. Even my ivy league kin. You are clearly not ivy league material.
Please, the only thing you spent a year slapping around is your dick, COVID truther.

Uh huh says the pleb

i'm half south asian. I don't think i need to say anymore about my STEM credentials

statistically the likelyhood of you being on my level academically is almost non existant.

The likelihood of someone lying about their intelligence level on an anonymous board ...100%.

ok sure pleb

i assure you if we spoke in person you would not be questioning me you little autist.

You have no idea where to begin trying to defend your bullshit. Next time some one treats like you like shit don't wonder why. You're a vapid little faggot
Yeah, I think I would probably still be questioning your intelligence if we met in person. For sure on the internet youā€™re making shit up.

(Let me clue you in on a little secret, a big tell is the quantity of ad hominems.)

Positive test rates have nothing to do with death rates. People are dying of COVID whether they test positive or not. Nobody is inflating death totals. You COVID truthers are twisted.

What percentage of the death totals, are primarily from covid with co-morbidities as contributing factors, and what percentage are primarily from the co-morbidities with convid as a contributing factor?
The people that have COVID listed on their death certificates died of COVID...like the congressman from Texas. Yes, he had cancer but COVID, not cancer, killed him. If you have cancer and get decapitated in an auto accident, they donā€™t say you died from cancer. Fucking sick ass COVID truthers...
No. Wrong. If you have comorbidities, and cancer is a very big comorbidity, your death is almost certainly a combination of causes. Not just Covid. The fact that the establishment is claiming all these deaths are solely from Covid, should make you suspicious.

Why? Where is the motivation? What would doctors have to gain by inflating COVID deaths? The congressman from Texas was not dying...until he got COVID. Herman Cain was not dying until he got COVID. COVID killed them, not their cancer.
Wrong. Both men had significant health problems.

This happens all the time. People with weakened immune systems due to ongoing disease become much more likely to die, when ALSO exposed to a virus. It happens every year with the flu.
If they didn't catch a deadly disease killing thousands of Americans per day, they would be alive RIGHT NOW.

Some of them yes, some of them no.
Most of them, yes. COVID killed them not their underlying condition.

No, itā€™s true shit

It's been a year pleb

Uh huh says the pleb

ok sure pleb

You are terribly uninformed. Hospitals are receiving government funds for every Covid death. If you are unaware of this, you must admit you are uninformed. Get informed before posting.

In addition, do you not think big pharma is making out HUGE from this pandemic? They have a vested interest in promoting Covid deaths, and they control the political class and the MSM with they enormous wealth.

Your source does not say that there is not additional payment for covid cases.

"A: Recent legislation pays hospitals higher Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients and treatment, but "

"Numerous readers have asked us about such claims, some of which imply that hospitals are making money by simply listing patients as having the disease ā€” when in fact the payments referenced are for treating patients."

Wow. Based on the distinction between "listing" and "treating" they are judging that accusation as NOT TRUE?

Hilarious.
Yes, treating the patient costs money and Medicare is reimbursing for those costs.
The figures cited by Jensen generally square with estimated Medicare payments for COVID-19 hospitalizations, based on average Medicare payments for patients with similar diagnoses.​
Medicare ā€” the federal health insurance program for Americans 65 and older, a central at-risk population when it comes to COVID-19 ā€” pays hospitals in part using fixed rates at discharge based off a grouping system known as diagnosis-related groups.​
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has classified COVID-19 cases with existing groups for respiratory infections and inflammations. A CMS spokesperson told us exact payments vary, depending on a patientā€™s principal diagnosis and severity, as well as treatments and procedures. There are also geographic variations.​
An analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation looked at average Medicare payments for hospital admissions for the existing diagnosis-related groups and noted that the ā€œaverage Medicare payment for respiratory infections and inflammations with major comorbidities or complications in 2017 ā€¦ was $13,297. For more severe hospitalizations, we use the average Medicare payment for a respiratory system diagnosis with ventilator support for greater than 96 hours, which was $40,218.ā€​

My point was that someone who has failed to "admit defeat" to themselves, truly believes that he was not "defeated".

Your pretense of not knowing about the way many on the left have been using the "Big Lie" to imply nazi, is not credible.

If Trump truly believes that he was not "defeated", then he was not lying, when he said he was not "defeated".

In which case, Trump isn't lying, he's delusional. In either case he's dangerous and needs to be prevented from every running for office again.

No, itā€™s true shit

It's been a year pleb

Uh huh says the pleb

ok sure pleb

This happens all the time. People with weakened immune systems due to ongoing disease become much more likely to die, when ALSO exposed to a virus. It happens every year with the flu.
If they didn't catch a deadly disease killing thousands of Americans per day, they would be alive RIGHT NOW.

You have no way of knowing that.

No, itā€™s true shit

It's been a year pleb

Uh huh says the pleb

ok sure pleb

What do you base that on?

No, itā€™s true shit

It's been a year pleb

Uh huh says the pleb

ok sure pleb

Your source does not say that there is not additional payment for covid cases.

"A: Recent legislation pays hospitals higher Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients and treatment, but "

"Numerous readers have asked us about such claims, some of which imply that hospitals are making money by simply listing patients as having the disease ā€” when in fact the payments referenced are for treating patients."

Wow. Based on the distinction between "listing" and "treating" they are judging that accusation as NOT TRUE?

Hilarious.
Yes, treating the patient costs money and Medicare is reimbursing for those costs.
The figures cited by Jensen generally square with estimated Medicare payments for COVID-19 hospitalizations, based on average Medicare payments for patients with similar diagnoses.​
Medicare ā€” the federal health insurance program for Americans 65 and older, a central at-risk population when it comes to COVID-19 ā€” pays hospitals in part using fixed rates at discharge based off a grouping system known as diagnosis-related groups.​
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has classified COVID-19 cases with existing groups for respiratory infections and inflammations. A CMS spokesperson told us exact payments vary, depending on a patientā€™s principal diagnosis and severity, as well as treatments and procedures. There are also geographic variations.​
An analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation looked at average Medicare payments for hospital admissions for the existing diagnosis-related groups and noted that the ā€œaverage Medicare payment for respiratory infections and inflammations with major comorbidities or complications in 2017 ā€¦ was $13,297. For more severe hospitalizations, we use the average Medicare payment for a respiratory system diagnosis with ventilator support for greater than 96 hours, which was $40,218.ā€​

Your position was that there was no motive to inflate convid cases, and then you denied that more money was given for covid cases, and now that you have been forced to admit that there is more money,

now you are arguing that the money is justified.

My point that there is money as a motive to inflate the numbers has been proven, and even admitted by you.

In which case, Trump isn't lying, he's delusional. In either case he's dangerous and needs to be prevented from every running for office again.

Being unable to admit defeat, is not normally considered a form of insanity.

But I understand. You have to make up shit to justify your hysterical hatred of the man, who was a completely mainstream politicians, with a decent record.

I note that you move on to your next smear, without ever admitting that the last smear was debunked, even though your new smear is based on the last one being false.

YOu are a completely dishonest partisan hack.

Forum List

Back