US insulin charges are the highest in the world

The EU process is far less complicated. To use the term similar is a lie.

Also, since the EU has universal health care, doesn't the government subsidize part of the cost.

I want to compare apples to apples, you don't because you have an agenda.
I posted an article above that disputes that.

You have provided… nothing

The government needs to step in when bandits are fleecing the public.
You are a lying ****.
Sanofi make my insulin in France. They charge the NHS a few quid and I get it without charge like all diabetics. I believe that you can buy it for £7 if you have to.
Sanofi have a full range of products in development. You can see on their website.
Your argument is fucking infantile. Its like saying Ford will stop making cars if they are taxed. that is obviously not the case.

Are you paid to spout this crap ?

Wrong....you pay taxes through the nose your entire life for that free insulin....to be denied important healthcare when you reach 50......

No...when the government tells Ford they will only pay 10,000 dollars for a car that costs 15,000 dollars to make, and the government has the control over the largest chunk of the car making sector, that impacts the cars ford will make in the future...you doofus......people who need one type of medicine over another because the only medicine the government offers doesn't work for them, will be out of luck.....

You are just blind and foolish........you live in a welfare state where your national defense and just about everything else you enjoy is provided under the protection of the United States.....you don't know what you are talking about...

Wrong....you pay taxes through the nose your entire life for that free insulin....to be denied important healthcare when you reach 50......

No...when the government tells Ford they will only pay 10,000 dollars for a car that costs 15,000 dollars to make, and the government has the control over the largest chunk of the car making sector, that impacts the cars ford will make in the future...you doofus......people who need one type of medicine over another because the only medicine the government offers doesn't work for them, will be out of luck.....

You are just blind and foolish........you live in a welfare state where your national defense and just about everything else you enjoy is provided under the protection of the United States.....you don't know what you are talking about...
Total fucking fact free gibberish

You are a lying ****.
Sanofi make my insulin in France. They charge the NHS a few quid and I get it without charge like all diabetics. I believe that you can buy it for £7 if you have to.
Sanofi have a full range of products in development. You can see on their website.
Your argument is fucking infantile. Its like saying Ford will stop making cars if they are taxed. that is obviously not the case.

Yeah....the same government you say has been bought off by the people doing the fleecing? And you think those government stooges taking the money are going to do the right thing?

You are a lying ****.

Yeah....you pay your entire life in massive taxes.....and in the end, they deny you critical healthcare.....cause they can't afford it because the government can't do anything efficiently...

Yeah....you pay your entire life in massive taxes.....and in the end, they deny you critical healthcare.....cause they can't afford it because the government can't do anything efficiently...

Vital NHS operations and treatments are being increasingly rationed in England, leaving patients in pain, doctors say.
The treatments affected include hip and knee replacements and cataract surgery to help restore sight as well as drugs for conditions such as arthritis.
Such care is normally given routinely, but the British Medical Journal has found evidence it is being cut back.
The journal obtained data showing more doctors are having to resort to special appeals to get their patients treated.
Local health bosses have blamed the tighter restrictions on a lack of funding.

But medics and patients' groups said the restrictions being placed on non-emergency treatment were "unfair" and meant patients spent longer in pain or were going without treatment.

You are a lying ****.

But.....but....the drugs are free..........you just have to pay massive taxes your whole life.....so that when you need the drugs, they tell you you can't have them.....

Patient: 'I'm left in pain waiting for drugs'

One patient who has been caught up in the squeeze is Helen Cole, from west London. She was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 11 years ago.
She relies on a drug called rituximab, but it is not being routinely funded by her local health bosses so her doctor has to make a special request for it every six months.

This has led to delays in her getting the drug and gaps in her treatment. Last time, she had to wait 10 weeks to get her next treatment.
"I had a lot of pain in my joints and really big problems with fatigue. It can be really challenging day to day."
She said she finds the whole process "stressful" and believes it "makes no sense".
"The whole point of treating a disease like rheumatoid arthritis is to try to keep it under control at all times," she added.

You are a lying ****.

You pay massive taxes your whole life.....and now they want to ration the vital drugs you need.......

Patients in the U.K. face yet another barrier to access as a tough budget situation has forced the country’s healthcare system to consider rationing costly drugs. Among them are medicines from Johnson & Johnson, Merck and Roche.

Beginning in April, cancer patients and others could have to line up for medicines that cost NHS England more than £20 million per year, The Times reported. That’s even after those meds have been deemed cost-effective by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
----

Currently, patients in England have legal access to drugs that have been approved by the cost watchdogs at NICE, but that could change, according to the newspaper.

The country’s pharmaceutical association, ABPI, pointed out some medicines that could see rationing. On the list is Johnson & Johnson’s prostate cancer med Zytiga, used by about 2,000 patients. Merck's cholesterol med Zetia could be another; it's used by 159,000 patients.

ABPI chief executive Mike Thompson described a £20 million budget cap for drugs as "both heavy-handed and unrealistic," adding in a statement that it "will mean more patients face delays in accessing appropriate NHS care."

"Better long term planning by the health service would ensure that major breakthroughs are managed into the NHS in an appropriate and affordable way and with less disruption," Thompson said.

Under the cost-cutting plan, “people could die while waiting for treatment,” Dr. Hilary Jones, a general practitioner and medical broadcaster, said on Britain’s talkRADIO. And drugmakers said they’ll hold off with new launches in the country if the plan goes through, according to The Times.

Caused by money being allocated for boob jobs and skin tag removal.

Maybe they ought to remove the elective surgeries from the program to make it all work?

Just a thought

And if the Democrats went after Big Sugar, wanting more transparency or regulations, you would be defending them too.

You're a fraud and an admitted America-hater.

And if the Democrats went after Big Sugar, wanting more transparency or regulations, you would be defending them too.

No...big sugar already owns the democrats.......

What you doofuses don't understand, you want government to be smaller, so you don't have bureaucrats giving special favors and protection to businesses......big business loves big government......

A study carried out by the Rand Corporation finds that individuals in the United States pay significantly more for insulin than residents of 32 other high income countries.

For comparison, a study conducted by the RAND Corporation, an American nonprofit global policy think tank, found that drug companies in the US charge more than in nearly three dozen other countries surveyed, while the same study found that the average price in the US was more than ten times higher than the average for all of the other countries combined.

The American average list price for a vial of insulin was $98.70. The closest any other country came to that was Chile where the same amount of the lifesaving drug, on average, costs $21.48.

The U.S. price for insulin is 6.3 times higher than in Canada and 8.9 times higher than in the United Kingdom. U.S. insulin is also 5.9 times more expensive than in Japan and 27.7 times more expensive than in Turkey.

How "patriotic" of insulin makers to take a "loss" on 32 other countries, just to stick it to Americans
So America is just paying its fair share? And liberals are whining about this? The hypocrisy never ends.

I posted an article above that disputes that.

You have provided… nothing
Germany caps out of pocket expense for insulin, so that would make it cheaper to the consumer, $11. The average taxpayer in Germany pays over a third of their paycheck in taxes, so it really isn't that cheap, tough to do an apples to apples. comparison.

For many, not all, diet could reduce the number of people on insulin and if we all ate healthier type II diabetes would drop significantly.

Democrats would never go after the sugar industry, they line the pockets of too many politicians and if you think the gun industry is huge, the sugar industry is in almost every processed food.

Democrats won't want to piss off their voters by limiting sugar.

You pay massive taxes your whole life.....and now they want to ration the vital drugs you need.......

Patients in the U.K. face yet another barrier to access as a tough budget situation has forced the country’s healthcare system to consider rationing costly drugs. Among them are medicines from Johnson & Johnson, Merck and Roche.

Beginning in April, cancer patients and others could have to line up for medicines that cost NHS England more than £20 million per year, The Times reported. That’s even after those meds have been deemed cost-effective by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
----

Currently, patients in England have legal access to drugs that have been approved by the cost watchdogs at NICE, but that could change, according to the newspaper.

The country’s pharmaceutical association, ABPI, pointed out some medicines that could see rationing. On the list is Johnson & Johnson’s prostate cancer med Zytiga, used by about 2,000 patients. Merck's cholesterol med Zetia could be another; it's used by 159,000 patients.

ABPI chief executive Mike Thompson described a £20 million budget cap for drugs as "both heavy-handed and unrealistic," adding in a statement that it "will mean more patients face delays in accessing appropriate NHS care."

"Better long term planning by the health service would ensure that major breakthroughs are managed into the NHS in an appropriate and affordable way and with less disruption," Thompson said.

Under the cost-cutting plan, “people could die while waiting for treatment,” Dr. Hilary Jones, a general practitioner and medical broadcaster, said on Britain’s talkRADIO. And drugmakers said they’ll hold off with new launches in the country if the plan goes through, according to The Times.

This is the fourth or fifth post containing similar crap. You have obviously abandoned all of your arguments and resorted to type. You have nothing to add to the discussion.

Forum List

Back