US insulin charges are the highest in the world

Actually Trump did lower the price of insulin, but like everything Biden did away with that to.
Not so much

I dont get this. The $35 was too expensive and the GOP crushed that.
Why do US diabetics get punished for their illness like this ?

Is it because big pharma owns the politicians ?

If they can offer insulin to the rest of the world at a reasonable price why cant Americans get it ?
It looks very much like a "free market" stitch up to me. My insulin is made by a |French company called Saniflo. They are listed on nasdaq as well.

How can they afford to sell it to the NHS at next to nothing and yet charge $90 a phial in the US ?

Somebody is protecting them. As ever the public pays the price, There doesnt seem to be any interest in a regulated market because politicians do not profit from that..

Exactly!! We need an emoluments clause applied to Congress!

Wrong. Different types via different manufacturing methods, held to different standards in different countries.
The analog insulin types are a few dollars more in the rest of the world.

In the US they are two and three times higher than the already bloated cost

And why is that? Are you saying they are making $60 in profit for each vial?

x7kqlsw6ihg91.png

I dont get this. The $35 was too expensive and the GOP crushed that.
Why do US diabetics get punished for their illness like this ?

Is it because big pharma owns the politicians ?

If they can offer insulin to the rest of the world at a reasonable price why cant Americans get it ?
It looks very much like a "free market" stitch up to me. My insulin is made by a |French company called Saniflo. They are listed on nasdaq as well.

How can they afford to sell it to the NHS at next to nothing and yet charge $90 a phial in the US ?

Somebody is protecting them. As ever the public pays the price, There doesnt seem to be any interest in a regulated market because politicians do not profit from that..
What's worse is these insulin companies never spent their money on research and development.

It was two Canadian doctors who developed and created it, who then refused to patent it, because they wanted the world to have it free, or near free, to save the lives of all diabetics, everywhere.... Over 100 years ago.

What's worse is these insulin companies never spent their money on research and development.

It was two Canadian doctors, who then refused to patent it, because they wanted the world to have it free, or near free, to save the lives of all diabetics, everywhere.... Over 100 years ago.

You know how much money a pharma company has to spend to get approval?

one of the first things joey xiden did while taking office was undoing Trump’s EO lowering cost for this drug.

Why? Xiden hates people
Trumps EO was a bureaucratic nightmare that was only going to help a tiny fraction of Americans if at all.

You can’t solve big problems with shitty executive orders.

Wrong. Different types via different manufacturing methods, held to different standards in different countries.
Really?
Did the American pharma companies come up with a new fuel injected, "tremendous" innovation?

The price of a vial of insulin, before any discounts, has risen from about $20 in 1990 to more than $300 today.
Like hospitals charging $20 for an aspirin

Really?
Did the American pharma companies come up with a new fuel injected, "tremendous" innovation?

The price of a vial of insulin, before any discounts, has risen from about $20 in 1990 to more than $300 today.
Like hospitals charging $20 for an aspirin

Then show a breakdown of where the money goes for that vial.

Trumps EO was a bureaucratic nightmare that was only going to help a tiny fraction of Americans if at all.

You can’t solve big problems with shitty executive orders.
Oh EOs aren't the best way to go, but the dems were blocking any meaningful healthcare reform....mainly because they put party over country....I mean just look at this tax increase legislation they pushed through, where they hide it behind healthcare and inflation...when it actually just raises taxes

Marty, they are ripping Americans off on this one!

All I know is the price is higher here, I have found zero information on WHY that is the case.

What is the current profit margin for a pharma company in the US for a vial of insulin?

For the same reasons people in the USA cannot get updated, comprehensive, life saving medical devices and medications.............the FDA.

The FDA is ran by DemonicRats. They WILL NOT pass any medical device or medication unless THEY get a cut of the profits BEFORE they "allow" it to be used or distributed inside the USA. Most European countries won't play these vile political games when it comes to medical technology and proven medications.

WHY?

They are in bed with the health insurance companies.

Imagine the HUGE loss in healthcare needs and insurance in the USA, if people here were able to get European life saving medical devices and medications! Healthcare insurance needs would be cut almost in half, with trillions of dollars in loss to these companies. Same goes for Big Pharma in this country. Their useless, politicially driven drugs they peddle to us for THOUSANDS of dollars, would become null and void.

I've read European medical articles before, where Europe has had THE best cancer fighting drugs on the planet, and yet the FDA REFUSES them to be allowed in this country! Europe has THE best updated medical technology when it comes to saving lives, but the FDA REFUSES to allow it into this country. Europe also supposedly has THE best breast cancer treatments there are, and AS USUAL, the FDA REFUSES to allow any of these treatments into the USA!!

And this is ON TOP of this whole fiasco being driven by politicians!!

Oh EOs aren't the best way to go, but the dems were blocking any meaningful healthcare reform....mainly because they put party over country....I mean just look at this tax increase legislation they pushed through, where they hide it behind healthcare and inflation...when it actually just raises taxes
It seems you don’t know anything about Trump’s EO or the recent bill.

The bill caps insulin costs for Medicare recipients and allows Medicare to negotiate prices.

Republicans don’t like to legislate. They enjoy making loud noises that get them on Fox News.

It seems you don’t know anything about Trump’s EO or the recent bill.

The bill caps insulin costs for Medicare recipients and allows Medicare to negotiate prices.

Republicans don’t like to legislate. They enjoy making loud noises that get them on Fox News.
It does not cap the cost...it does however allow for negotiating which Trump had been trying to get since 2016: Donald Trump says Medicare should negotiate drug prices

Yes, the legislation, the entire thing, is junk...it's a tax and spend bill, horrible for when inflation is so high, and we are in a recession

Forum List

Back