US insulin charges are the highest in the world

It does not cap the cost...it does however allow for negotiating which Trump had been trying to get since 2016: Donald Trump says Medicare should negotiate drug prices

Yes, the legislation, the entire thing, is junk...it's a tax and spend bill, horrible for when inflation is so high, and we are in a recession
Trump was a terrible negotiator. I remember he ran on his ability to make deals but turns out he was a fraud.

It does indeed allow for negotiating drug prices and it does indeed cap insulin costs for patients on Medicare. You need to educate yourself.

Again, why are they charging more?

There are tons of manufacturers, the one thing they have in common is the FDA regulations. Could they be the cause of the higher costs?

We all know the FDA has far more stringent requirements than many European agencies, we see it with the whole Baby Formula thing.
They charge mre because they are able to.

Why is the pharma industry different to any other industry ?
You seem very confused. You claim to be a chapmion of capitalism but ppose the free market.
Your arguments dont make sense.
Drug companies will not reduce R and D because it drives their business. It delivers their huge profits.
Anyway if the state of world health has to be financed by a small group of sick people then it is obviously time for a rethink.

The government controlling prices is not the free market....that is what this Bill does.

They will reduce R and D, and they will focus only on those diseases where they will be able to get their investment back when they have to deal with government bureaucrats.

No, you want world health under the total control of bureaucrats who have no skin in the game.....

The government controlling prices is not the free market....that is what this Bill does.

They will reduce R and D, and they will focus only on those diseases where they will be able to get their investment back when they have to deal with government bureaucrats.

No, you want world health under the total control of bureaucrats who have no skin in the game.....

Just like the Affordable Care Act made health care more expensive, all of the Dem Orwellian legislation does the opposite of what the bill title says.

So your answer is "I don't know"

I want to know what the margin is for these items.
I do know. they are greedy bastards. Every capitalist corp would do the same.
there is something in your health market that causes this. The obvious answer is to buy your insulin from Europe. That would bring the price down.
What is preventing that ?

Just like the Affordable Care Act made health care more expensive, all of the Dem Orwellian legislation does the opposite of what the bill title says.

They make 10 drugs a tiny bit cheaper, then they will force the drug companies to make the other drugs more expensive and stop researching any outlier drugs that may not look like they will recoup their investments........people with diseases will never know they might have had a cure or something to help them...

there is something in your health market that causes this. The obvious answer is to buy your insulin from Europe. That would bring the price down.

The fact that the only reason you morons can afford your drugs is you don't pay for national defense, technological innovation, new drugs, and you pay high taxes your whole life, to be turned down for vital medical treatments when you reach your 50s......

Yeah.......you guys pay the smallest amount for the drugs because you are greedy and selfish.....

No, you don't know. You just assume because as a commie leftard you always assume companies are evil.

We can't even buy baby formula from Europe without FDA approval, you really think you can just ship insulin over here and sell it?

Trumps EO was a bureaucratic nightmare that was only going to help a tiny fraction of Americans if at all.

You can’t solve big problems with shitty executive orders.
And it was so poorly conceived and so narrow in effect that it was never implemented

The government needs to step in when bandits are fleecing the public.
You are a lying ****.
Sanofi make my insulin in France. They charge the NHS a few quid and I get it without charge like all diabetics. I believe that you can buy it for £7 if you have to.
Sanofi have a full range of products in development. You can see on their website.
Your argument is fucking infantile. Its like saying Ford will stop making cars if they are taxed. that is obviously not the case.

Are you paid to spout this crap ?

No, you don't know. You just assume because as a commie leftard you always assume companies are evil.

We can't even buy baby formula from Europe without FDA approval, you really think you can just ship insulin over here and sell it?
Corps only have a duty to their shareholders not to the public.
If the FDA is blocking this it is because the politicians have been paid off. and you dont have a free market.

Its just a scam.

They charge $90 for what EU charges $20 or less. EU approval processes are very similar to ours. The product is the product

You figure it out

The EU process is far less complicated. To use the term similar is a lie.

Also, since the EU has universal health care, doesn't the government subsidize part of the cost.

I want to compare apples to apples, you don't because you have an agenda.

Forum List

Back