Up to twenty five incehs of rain new orleans is about to be absolutely devastated by worst strom sin

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Up To 25 Inches Of Rain! – New Orleans Is About To Be Absolutely Devastated By Worst Storm Since Katrina

OPINION (MS) – New Orleans is about to be hit by “an extreme rainfall event” that is likely to be the worst disaster that the city has seen since Hurricane Katrina. It is being projected that Tropical Storm Barry could officially become a hurricane before it makes landfall on Saturday, but in this case, the wind speed is not really that important. Instead, the massive amount of rain that this immense storm will dump on southern Louisiana is the greatest danger, because the region is potentially facing flooding that is absolutely unprecedented. In fact, one weather expert is even warning that the flooding could be so dramatic that it might actually “change the course of American history”… Weather expert Eric Holthaus warned that,

Now imagine how dumb the public is when they get smacked with high , high food prices. It's the rice belt and other foods dumbasses.

Engineered to break the back of this country now add illegals you pay for and you pathetic lower IQ left can't understand how YOU PAY FOR ALL OF THIS WITH THAT PAY CHECK DUMBASSES..

In case people are wondering why it would be so much worse this time, it's because the Mississippi River is already at flood stage from previous rains. The water has nowhere to go.

WVLA20Earth20Design_1551787675544.png_76014368_ver1.0.png

In case people are wondering why it would be so much worse this time, it's because the Mississippi River is already at flood stage from previous rains. The water has nowhere to go.

Is it just me or is it really late for the Mississippi to be cresting? Doesn't this usually happen in the spring?

Is it just me or is it really late for the Mississippi to be cresting? Doesn't this usually happen in the spring?

No, it happens when the north gets torrential rains which is what happened. It's been high for a very long time. The entire central portion of the country drains down the Mississippi River. When you hear of flooding rains in the midwest that means a high MR a few weeks later. And put a tropical storm on top of that and you've got flooding that we haven't seen in a long time that could happen. The only reason we had flooding during Katrina was the levee broke. Other than that NO would have been fine.

After such a foul OP I'm sure it makes you feel even more self-righteous over those folks suffering in NOLA.

No, it happens when the north gets torrential rains which is what happened. It's been high for a very long time. The entire central portion of the country drains down the Mississippi River. When you hear of flooding rains in the midwest that means a high MR a few weeks later. And put a tropical storm on top of that and you've got flooding that we haven't seen in a long time that could happen. The only reason we had flooding during Katrina was the levee broke. Other than that NO would have been fine.
I'm curious why the Corpse of Engineers changed its mind and did not open the Morganza Spillway last month. And would it have made any difference.

Morganza Spillway - Wikipedia

One of my coworkers daughters evacuated NOLA yesterday. I really doubt the rain is that huge … compared to other storms. But yeah the saturation is supposed to be brutal for both Miss and LA. I'm going home early to finish mowing my front lawn before the storm. I just mowed it July 3. The grass is supposed to stop growing in July. LOL

And the OP is not only foul but unintelligible LOL

They didn't open the Morganza because it would have damaged a lot of crops and killed a lot of wildlife. Opening that up is a last ditch resort, not something you decide to do on a whim.

They also don't have 20-20 hindsight so they couldn't see this storm coming a month ago.

And it's Corp of Engineers not corpse. LOL

A lot depends on how fast it falls. We got absolutely smacked to the ground by Hurricane Michael hitting a cold front right over my area. An inch of rain every ten minutes shut down 75% of the power grid almost instantly right when a massive amount of flooding was under way. Took about two weeks to get power back on to everybody as that amount of rain brought down a huge number of trees in some areas that took out all their electric infrastructure. It was like Puerto Rico in some of them.

A lot depends on how fast it falls. We got absolutely smacked to the ground by Hurricane Michael hitting a cold front right over my area. An inch of rain every ten minutes shut down 75% of the power grid almost instantly right when a massive amount of flooding was under way. Took about two weeks to get power back on to everybody as that amount of rain brought down a huge number of trees in some areas that took out all their electric infrastructure. It was like Puerto Rico in some of them.
Whoah.

Whoah.

It was crazy. Fortunately only 3 or 4 people are known to have drowned but localized flooding like we normally get out of hurricanes was "Is there any place not flooded?" Hundreds of swift water rescues.

Whoah.

It was crazy. Fortunately only 3 or 4 people are known to have drowned but localized flooding like we normally get out of hurricanes was "Is there any place not flooded?" Hundreds of swift water rescues.
I'm never living where there are hurricanes, doesn't sound worth it.

Whoah.

We usually get hit with the tail end of the them no matter if they come up the atlantic or through the gulf so they usually aren't that bad. The thing about Michael was the local forecasts were very very very wrong. The one before it we got a lot of rain off of but it was over 36 hours so you didn't even really have much in the way of surface water. People prepared like mad for it, The Michael forecast was only 4 to 6 inches. They did not think that cold front was going to get here for the train wreck. They were to say the least, wrong. They hadn't even discussed the possibility of that much rain, nobody was prepared for. The only good thing was it was during the afternoon when it hit so they were able to marshal response on the fly more effectively.

One of the worst things about this storm is we have to listen to Ret.Lt.Gen. Russell Honore's hot air bloviating bullshit.

OP may rant, but does report on controversial subjects, which is a plus when others are nodding out at the light.

Whoah.

There can be Hurricanes almost anywhere
Fran Devastated Raleigh NC in 1996 and we are far from the coast.
However it may be a bad idea to build large cities on the coast below sea level.

1303290043_X_NEW_ORLEANS_LOUISIANA_xlarge.jpg

Mid_city_NOLA_-_Susan_Yin_via_unsplash.jpg

161600811.jpg.1517853680.jpg

central-grocery-and-deli-in-new-orleans-andy-crawford.jpg

6a019aff642dba970d01a3fce3e483970b-800wi

All the best, New Orleans.

Those who think you were a bad idea--they've never been to visit you.

Perhaps
Whoah.

There can be Hurricanes almost anywhere
Fran Devastated Raleigh NC in 1996 and we are far from the coast.
However it may be a bad idea to build large cities on the coast below sea level.
perhaps but the real problem with New Orleans is that they have killed off all the craps that used to mitigate these things and slow them down before they hit the city.

Forum List

Back