Unlike 2016, Trump’s Being Graded as President, Not Candidate

“With just under two weeks until Election Day and more than 43 million ballots already cast, time is running out for President Trump to turn around his political fortunes. More daunting for the president is the fact that few events have made a meaningful or long-lasting impact on his standing in this race. At the beginning of 2020, before impeachment, before COVID, before George Floyd or the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Trump's job approval rating — according to the FiveThirtyEight average was 42 percent approve to 53 percent disapprove. Today, his job approval rating is unchanged at 43 percent approve to 54 percent disapprove.”

Time has already run out.

Unlike 2016, Trump’s Being Graded as President, Not Candidate

Wow ...

How long did it take you to figure that one out?

Let me explain to you what that means in the real world.

All those voters who were unsure about Trump in 2016 will now be solidly on board with him this year.

That's bullshit. I personally know of at least 8-9 people who voted for Trump in 2016 but voting for Biden now because they just can't stomach Trump's bullshit/lies/healthcare hoax and his handling of COVID. So again, that's who I know personally. A lot of Trumptards who voted for the azzhat in 2016 will keep their vote secret from their likewise Trumptard friends, rather than be ostracized.

That's bullshit. I personally know of at least 8-9 people who voted for Trump in 2016 but voting for Biden now because they just can't stomach Trump's bullshit/lies/healthcare hoax and his handling of COVID. So again, that's who I know personally. A lot of Trumptards who voted for the azzhat in 2016 will keep their vote secret from their likewise Trumptard friends, rather than be ostracized.
8 or 9 folks, huh ...

Well that ought to tip the election to Ol Handsy ......

Psycho Leftist ......

Go Figure !!!

“With just under two weeks until Election Day and more than 43 million ballots already cast, time is running out for President Trump to turn around his political fortunes. More daunting for the president is the fact that few events have made a meaningful or long-lasting impact on his standing in this race. At the beginning of 2020, before impeachment, before COVID, before George Floyd or the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Trump's job approval rating — according to the FiveThirtyEight average was 42 percent approve to 53 percent disapprove. Today, his job approval rating is unchanged at 43 percent approve to 54 percent disapprove.”

That's very favorable to Trump.

Right away he is supporting American freedoms over draconian measure that have proven ineffective. A huge deal to the American public.

Everyone wants to compare this race to 2016 but it's more like 2012. In 2012 the Republicans had Mitt Romney the left has Biden both men check off all the boxes for being a Presidential candidate but neither really excites the party they were the best of bad groups. In 2012 as today in 2020 there are the very vocal I will vote for anyone over Obama then Trump now but there was no real excitement for Romney from the nation in 2012 nor is there any for Biden now. Both Obama and Trump have very strong and loyal and passionate supporters who will go above and beyond for them and both men are very skilled in using not just traditional but social media to their advantage. The support for Romeny in 2012 was lukewarm at best I feel it is the same for Biden now both got their nomination basically by default.

That's very favorable to Trump.

Right away he is supporting American freedoms over draconian measure that have proven ineffective. A huge deal to the American public.
That's exactly right.

Some Americans didn't take Trump seriously in 2016.

Today ... given Trump's real record ..... those Americans will be fully onboard today.

Funny, you didn't mention the economy or foreign policy. You know, that normal big issues.

I guess a good economy and relative peace, didn't fit the narrative you were trying to spin?

Trump has the most loyal base any American politician ever had. Unlucky for him they demand he hammer every election year wedge issue non-stop and alienate all critics in the nastiest possible terms.
Agreed, we've never seen adoration like this. And we've never had a President who was so narrowly focused. Just please the talk radio base. That's it.

That said, the fact that even 20% of the populace would vote for this buffoon says some pretty troubling things about this country. We need to examine that.
It's not anything new. If you take any population of humans ever there are a quarter of them that are conservative hardliners.
and there are just as many liberal hardliners....
I'm using the word "conservative" in the sense of what it used to mean before you people decided to rework the political dictionary.
oh no im conservative again.....last week one of them called me a liberal turd....i wish you party asswipes would understand that not everyone who disagrees with you is the opposite of what you are....some of us dont suck a parties asshole...

Forum List

Back