Vote for Joe? I'll raise your rent

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
This landlord of a Fort Morgan, Colorado trailer park has told his tenants that he will raise their rents if Joe Biden wins, but won't increase it in next two years if Trump is re-elected.

His business his rules. Now change my mind.

"The landlord of a Fort Morgan, Colorado trailer park sent tenants a recent letter. The letter states rents would likely double if Joe Biden is elected president. It also says the rent will not be raised for two years if Donald Trump is re-elected. The Colorado Attorney General is investigating the legality of the letter as some claim it is a form of voter suppression.."

Trailer park landlord tells tenants he will RAISE rents if Biden wins

letter.jpg

The landlord:

34717938-8868643-image-a-25_1603384616253.jpg

Last edited:
This landlord of a Fort Morgan, Colorado trailer park has told his tenants that he will raise their rents if Joe Biden wins, but won't increase it in next two years if Trump is re-elected.

"The landlord of a Fort Morgan, Colorado trailer park sent tenants a recent letter
The letter states rents would likely double if Joe Biden is elected president
It also says the rent will not be raised for two years if Donald Trump is re-elected
The Colorado Attorney General is investigating the legality of the letter as some claim it is a form of voter suppression.."

That's illegal.

"The landlord of a Fort Morgan, Colorado trailer park sent tenants a recent letter
It also says the rent will not be raised for two years if Donald Trump is re-elected
The Colorado Attorney General is investigating the legality of the letter as some claim it is a form of voter suppression.."

That's illegal.

How so? Bias based on political affiliation is only illegal when applying for federal jobs.

Can Employers Discriminate Based on Political Beliefs or Affiliation?

Federal law protects seven groups (“protected classes”) from housing discrimination:
  • race
  • color
  • religion
  • sex
  • national origin
  • disability/handicap (physical or mental)
  • family status (a family which includes minor children or pregnancy)
https://www.peoples-law.org/when-refusal-rent-illegal-housing-discrimination

His trailer park, his rules. Nobody ever said life is supposed to be fair.

That's illegal.
Bullshit!

If you tax corporations they are FORCED to raise the price of the product.

Add taxes to big oil...you'll pay more for every gallon of gas.

Raise property taxes, rent goes up.

You and I pay corporate taxes! Don't vote for somebody who says they will tax corporations or YOU will pay it!

"The landlord of a Fort Morgan, Colorado trailer park sent tenants a recent letter. The letter states rents would likely double if Joe Biden is elected president. It also says the rent will not be raised for two years if Donald Trump is re-elected. The Colorado Attorney General is investigating the legality of the letter as some claim it is a form of voter suppression.."

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

Do do landlords consider an optimum minimum wage for renters?

That's illegal.

What's illegal about it? He's simply predicting the future and what he'll be forced to do under Joe Biden.

That's illegal.
Well Joe said that if he was elected he will charge people more money as well.

Why is it he can do that but this guy can't?

It's not like he asked him to bake a gay cake or something.

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

Not sure what you're getting at, but yes. Sometimes you have to state your income on applications.

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

Not sure what you're getting at, but yes. Sometimes you have to state your income on applications.
Well if Beijing Biden is going to raise taxes on the landlord then the landlord can raise the rent.

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

That would be voter intimidation.

Lock him up

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

Well if Beijing Biden is going to raise taxes on the landlord then the landlord can raise the rent.
You think the trailer park land lord is among the top 20%?

No? Then his taxes aren't going up.

The guy is right. Biden supports the cap and trade scam. It would necessarily make the price of energy, and therefore the price of nearly everything else, skyrocket. Landlords will then have to pass on those expenses to tenants.

Not only that, it would also create the first ever federal building code. It would require property owners who make improvements/repairs, such as putting up a fence or fixing a leaky roof, to also upgrade the electric wiring and install expensive EV charging stations for every new or existing parking spot on the property.

Rents would necessarily skyrocket.

I think I'll notify my tenants so that they understand exactly what is at stake in this election.

Last edited:
"I will to my lord be true and faithful and love all which he loves and shun all which he shuns."

-Anglo-Saxon Oath of Fealty

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

lol asssumig he's actually gonna just raise to cover costs. i think he may be a bit hyperbolic with the "double" estimate. hahahaha

unless this man is very wealthy

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

That would be voter intimidation.

Lock him up

How is stating the fact that things will go up if Biden is elected? I seriously don't see "voter suppression" here. He is merely explaining to his tenants that his expenses will increase if Biden is elected, as per Joe Biden's statement that taxes would increase, were he elected.

Perfectly legal.

View attachment 405709

The landlord:

You think the trailer park land lord is among the top 20%?

No? Then his taxes aren't going up.

Do you seriously think that only the top 20 percent's taxes are going to increase, if Biden won?

I have a nice bridge I'd love to sell you.

Forum List

Back