Mike Pence For President in 2024, Wasted Effort!

JimofPennsylvan

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2007
I watched the Mike Pence Town Hall on CNN last night and it showed him to be the very good man the majority of American's recognize him to be and it was a reminder of the extraordinary act of service that Mike performed for the country being Donald Trump's Vice President for even when he took the job it was clear that Mr. Trump often displays behavior that is disgraceful and just down right very bad! Mr. Pence indicated last night that he is toying with making a run for the Presidency in 2024; my assessment is that he should not do it, there is other stronger candidates that will be running and so it would not be an optimally wise decision for him to run. One glaring reason referenced last night is that Mr. Pence disavows negative campaigning; in America's competitive political landscape swearing off negative campaigning is like being a recovering alcoholic and taking a job in a distillery! Negative campaigning works that is why candidates do it you cannot say I am not going to use tools which will help me get elected that are fair to use because I find them morally objectionable; I am from Pennsylvania and in this year's Senate elections Fetterman used negative campaigning against Dr. Oz to devastating effectiveness painting him as a Jerseyite carpetbagger that was only out for money bringing up his airing of weight loss pill options on his talk show when he had it. John Kasich disavowed negative campaigning for the Republican primary in 2016 and look what that got him even Ted Cruz did better than him in the primary!

Mike won't be able to make inroads against Trump's Republican base this base idolizes Trump and they have him tagged as abandoning Trump at a crucial time when certifying the electoral college count. Even if Trump somehow cannot run this base won't forgive him and without this base his path to the Republican nomination is slim to nil! Mike won't be able to get out from under the Donald Trump shadow, the media will continue to pepper him with questions like why didn't he try to stop President Trump with this election denial campaign or why didn't he try to stop Trump on the other one hundred bad things Trump did!

Mike's style of being calm, sedate and very civil isn't conducive to American politics today; citizens today want to be fired up they want their candidates to seek to put them in a frenzy like state; other candidates will outshine him on the campaign trail and he will pay for it in terms of voter support. Mike has a nice guy persona and his fate will likely go the way of another big name in Presidential politics Jeb Bush who also had a nice guy persona - the candidate didn't catch on with the American voter! Also, the media in America has a lot of power in seeing election campaigns succeed or fail and they will hate him as a candidate and try to derail his campaign because he is to civil and serene Mike Pence the candidate will be bad for ratings because he is a boring candidate and so the media will try to cancel his candidate show! Further money plays a big role in political campaigns because campaigns are expensive to run and I don't think the big donors will be eager to line up behind a Mike Pence campaign because it is too risky too many draw backs related to his relationship with Donald Trump!

The deal breaker for me is that I believe that Mike Pence is the classic Republican conservative politician that was on the scene prior to Trump and these guys are all in, one hundred percent in, on the globalization model where the rules they want is complete free trade no barriers at all anywhere throughout the world. This has lead over the decades to the loss of hundred of millions of good middle class jobs. These Republican advocates say that only if we get the other countries to play fair the results will be better for America for fifty years they have been saying it and the American worker has been getting the shaft. This Republican model must go it is evil as the holocaust and slavery it destroys lives and holds back lives. Last year the trade deficit for goods and services was like $800 billion dollars and this year it is on track to be like $950 billion dollars. These hundreds of billions of dollars should be revenue for companies operating in American not foreign countries so a large portion of this revenue would go to paying wages for American workers. Donald Trump gets this and for all his shortcomings and he should probably be recognized in the Guiness Book of World Records for character flaws he is on the job on this issue and wants to correct these trade imbalances and steer this revenue to American companies paying American workers good family sustaining wages. Unfortunately Donald Trump wants to fix the problem on his own initiative and his with free wheeling ways whose effectives is questionable, the problem should be fixed by legislation which fixes this problem with quotas, tariffs and grants along with tax credits for American companies that want to create these products and services domestically! For me to ever support Mike Pence for President he would have to prove to me that he stands with me and Trump on the trades issue and if he became President he could be trusted to deliver correcting these trade imbalances with domestic production!

I think that if Donald Trump doesn't get prosecuted on this mishandling of government documents issue (and I think he should not because the problem is the system the system shouldn't allow a departing President to walk out of the White House with dozens of boxes of classified documents the most classified documents) he definitely wins the Republican primary for President in 2024 because Trump's Republican voter base is too loyal to Trump and too large in numbers they will secure the nomination for him. The problem is the General Election will it be a repeat of the 2022 mid-terms where the independents and baseline decent Republicans reject Trump for his narcissism and putting Trump before the country's interests; if the upcoming Recession is as deep as it now looks to be with the Fed Fund rate going above the 5.0% rate these center voters may turn to Trump because he will offer policies that get us out of this recession relatively quickly! This is the big unknown question?

I watched the Mike Pence Town Hall on CNN last night and it showed him to be the very good man the majority of American's recognize him to be and it was a reminder of the extraordinary act of service that Mike performed for the country being Donald Trump's Vice President for even when he took the job it was clear that Mr. Trump often displays behavior that is disgraceful and just down right very bad! Mr. Pence indicated last night that he is toying with making a run for the Presidency in 2024; my assessment is that he should not do it, there is other stronger candidates that will be running and so it would not be an optimally wise decision for him to run. One glaring reason referenced last night is that Mr. Pence disavows negative campaigning; in America's competitive political landscape swearing off negative campaigning is like being a recovering alcoholic and taking a job in a distillery! Negative campaigning works that is why candidates do it you cannot say I am not going to use tools which will help me get elected that are fair to use because I find them morally objectionable; I am from Pennsylvania and in this year's Senate elections Fetterman used negative campaigning against Dr. Oz to devastating effectiveness painting him as a Jerseyite carpetbagger that was only out for money bringing up his airing of weight loss pill options on his talk show when he had it. John Kasich disavowed negative campaigning for the Republican primary in 2016 and look what that got him even Ted Cruz did better than him in the primary!

Mike won't be able to make inroads against Trump's Republican base this base idolizes Trump and they have him tagged as abandoning Trump at a crucial time when certifying the electoral college count. Even if Trump somehow cannot run this base won't forgive him and without this base his path to the Republican nomination is slim to nil! Mike won't be able to get out from under the Donald Trump shadow, the media will continue to pepper him with questions like why didn't he try to stop President Trump with this election denial campaign or why didn't he try to stop Trump on the other one hundred bad things Trump did!

Mike's style of being calm, sedate and very civil isn't conducive to American politics today; citizens today want to be fired up they want their candidates to seek to put them in a frenzy like state; other candidates will outshine him on the campaign trail and he will pay for it in terms of voter support. Mike has a nice guy persona and his fate will likely go the way of another big name in Presidential politics Jeb Bush who also had a nice guy persona - the candidate didn't catch on with the American voter! Also, the media in America has a lot of power in seeing election campaigns succeed or fail and they will hate him as a candidate and try to derail his campaign because he is to civil and serene Mike Pence the candidate will be bad for ratings because he is a boring candidate and so the media will try to cancel his candidate show! Further money plays a big role in political campaigns because campaigns are expensive to run and I don't think the big donors will be eager to line up behind a Mike Pence campaign because it is too risky too many draw backs related to his relationship with Donald Trump!

The deal breaker for me is that I believe that Mike Pence is the classic Republican conservative politician that was on the scene prior to Trump and these guys are all in, one hundred percent in, on the globalization model where the rules they want is complete free trade no barriers at all anywhere throughout the world. This has lead over the decades to the loss of hundred of millions of good middle class jobs. These Republican advocates say that only if we get the other countries to play fair the results will be better for America for fifty years they have been saying it and the American worker has been getting the shaft. This Republican model must go it is evil as the holocaust and slavery it destroys lives and holds back lives. Last year the trade deficit for goods and services was like $800 billion dollars and this year it is on track to be like $950 billion dollars. These hundreds of billions of dollars should be revenue for companies operating in American not foreign countries so a large portion of this revenue would go to paying wages for American workers. Donald Trump gets this and for all his shortcomings and he should probably be recognized in the Guiness Book of World Records for character flaws he is on the job on this issue and wants to correct these trade imbalances and steer this revenue to American companies paying American workers good family sustaining wages. Unfortunately Donald Trump wants to fix the problem on his own initiative and his with free wheeling ways whose effectives is questionable, the problem should be fixed by legislation which fixes this problem with quotas, tariffs and grants along with tax credits for American companies that want to create these products and services domestically! For me to ever support Mike Pence for President he would have to prove to me that he stands with me and Trump on the trades issue and if he became President he could be trusted to deliver correcting these trade imbalances with domestic production!

I think that if Donald Trump doesn't get prosecuted on this mishandling of government documents issue (and I think he should not because the problem is the system the system shouldn't allow a departing President to walk out of the White House with dozens of boxes of classified documents the most classified documents) he definitely wins the Republican primary for President in 2024 because Trump's Republican voter base is too loyal to Trump and too large in numbers they will secure the nomination for him. The problem is the General Election will it be a repeat of the 2022 mid-terms where the independents and baseline decent Republicans reject Trump for his narcissism and putting Trump before the country's interests; if the upcoming Recession is as deep as it now looks to be with the Fed Fund rate going above the 5.0% rate these center voters may turn to Trump because he will offer policies that get us out of this recession relatively quickly! This is the big unknown question?
While I appreciate what VP Prince did, in a pinch, when asked to personally go against his constitutional mandate and participate in the plan to throw the election for Trump, and I thank him for standing up, still he slept walked through the 4 years of Trump. I personally think Trump picked him for controllability, just not thinking he might have to ask him to buck the constitution and throw a national election.
You are correct that he would never win over the Trump base, some of which were looking to hang him and January 6.
He is not and never has been Mr. Charisma.
Running at this time would be a waste of time and money.

He should not run in 2024. He may be the "nice man" but Dems, along with Trump supporters would not accept him.

tl/dr

WOW your state voted for a brain dead fetterwonan go away

I've noticed something over my decades of life. Most of the time, Americans want someone with charisma. I'm not talking about one party or the other, I'm talking about both parties. With few exceptions, Americans vote for people like Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, Obama, and Trump because they have charisma. Charisma sells. Pence has zero charisma. You'd have a more fun time watching paint dry.

What's your theory on why Joe picked Kamela Harris the giggling cocksucker?
I always figured it was to shore up or deliver the far left vote, women and help insure black vote, though not known as a speaker for the last two, but does unfortunately have far left cred. While I don't really care about VPs, historically and usually about as useful as a warm bucket of spit as somebody or other said something like that, they should in my opinion be minimally competent and not bring much baggage. I never thought her competent, which she proved to me within the first 3 weeks, judgement and self-control wise. Baggage from her California is alluded to daily here, whether true an provable or not and was alluded to at the time she joined the ticker or discussed (or created) almost immediately. She is simply a placeholder, an example of the "Peter Principal" having risen to her highest level of incompetence, to go no further, and thankfully in my book. She has always being another reason to fervently Pray for the continued good health of the President.

By the way, I have a question. Did Joe picker or was she picked?

I always figured it was to shore up or deliver the far left vote,
Yet the Far Left have been very unhappy with Joe wanting him to go much further on many issues.

women and help insure black vote,
I've not heard of one woman buoyed by her presence and some blacks have actually left the DNC. Overall, I don't think Blacks either are thrilled at Joe in office.

That is the good question because during the 2020 Primaries, they were night and day with her eviscerating Biden on issues. Then there is the matter of her getting so little support, she was literally the first to drop out of the race due to lack of funding. It was manna from heaven indeed that she still ended up VP!

But what has surprised me the most is with her in charge of the border and there being a massive invasion of millions, countless crimes and property damage, the national security implications, plus the huge amount of drugs brought in having killed thousands, that I never see her brought to task at any press meeting, nor do I ever even see Joe asked about it. At best, there is a mention of the issue and Joe & Co reply either that the border is secure (an absurd lie) or that they are doing everything humanly possible.

Mike Pence hitched his evangelical wagon to a hellbound horse.

He forgot the biblical verse, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Pence sold his soul to Trump, the most evil occupant of the White House ever. There was no sin too corrupt for Mike Pence not to defend for four years.

Thank God he finally did find one sin too great on January 6, 2021 and came to his senses.

I hope Pence does run. The more combatants in the Republican Civil War, the better.

Yet the Far Left have been very unhappy with Joe wanting him to go much further on many issues.

I've not heard of one woman buoyed by her presence and some blacks have actually left the DNC. Overall, I don't think Blacks either are thrilled at Joe in office.

That is the good question because during the 2020 Primaries, they were night and day with her eviscerating Biden on issues. Then there is the matter of her getting so little support, she was literally the first to drop out of the race due to lack of funding. It was manna from heaven indeed that she still ended up VP!

But what has surprised me the most is with her in charge of the border and there being a massive invasion of millions, countless crimes and property damage, the national security implications, plus the huge amount of drugs brought in having killed thousands, that I never see her brought to task at any press meeting, nor do I ever even see Joe asked about it. At best, there is a mention of the issue and Joe &Co reply either that the border is secure (an absurd lie) or that they are doing everything humanly possible.
Well, I never said Joe was going to listen to her. Too much a centrist, maybe bowing to the fringes at times, really not his bag, unless there is something in for his own goals for the country.

Agree on her bouying anything since the election. Don't know on the second part, as I have never been black. :abgg2q.jpg:

She really wasn't much, but a local star on the far left at the left coast, before the 2020 primaries. Most of the Democrats in the country are not the committed far left, actually being much closer to the center left, except for the loudmouths. Similar to most Republicans not really part of the far right Maga crowd of loudmouths, though quite willing to tolerate, if toleration leads to power, right or wrong. Your point and then mine are the reasons she had little cross the country support and (like the rumors) first to go down. Lol. I'm sorry, it was just kind of like a small fart in an elevator. It just slipped out.

Make no mistake. She has never been in charge of the border. That was only a publicity announcement by Joe to publicly put her in her place, which she deserved for laughing publicly at the administration's Fkup, early in the term. Joe gets all heat on the border, as well he should. You can delegate responsibility, though if it is after a Fkup, it does no good, and does not get around the responsibility. You cannot ever delegate responsibility. That dog won't hunt, never has, never will. Besides, everybody knew, she had neither the knowledge, judgement or experience to be of positive benefit there. Still Joe's Fkup, Joe's Responsibility. I don't blame Joe for saying, "all secure" and "all good", but it is like putting lipstick on the fat ugly pig he keeps on the front porch. Putting lipstick on it, does not disguise the fact that it is still just a giant, bloated, ugly pig, right on the front steps, for everybody to see and fed by Joe from the day he came onboard, getting fatter and uglier. Why he did it, only God knows. In my mind, it could only be some deal, that he absolutely had to keep, but it was a shitty deal, that shows no sign of getting better, as solving the basic immigration problem was not part of the deal and no attempt made. It's a sore point with me. Since I can't see the play itself, an unforced infield error by the new home team, embarrassing to the team, the fans and a public amateur gaff before the viewing sports enthusiasts around the world, carried live. I gave him my vote, to help get rid of the other guy (and he did that), but I didn't deserve to see him do that big an error, immediately upon hitting the field, first play on first day of the series. Thanks, Joe for repaying my trust with utter bullshit.

Last edited:
I met Pence at CPAC in 2020.

He struck me as a warm, friendly guy, but he didn't strike me as being "Presidential" at all...

I always figured it was to shore up or deliver the far left vote, women and help insure black vote, though not known as a speaker for the last two, but does unfortunately have far left cred. While I don't really care about VPs, historically and usually about as useful as a warm bucket of spit as somebody or other said something like that, they should in my opinion be minimally competent and not bring much baggage. I never thought her competent, which she proved to me within the first 3 weeks, judgement and self-control wise. Baggage from her California is alluded to daily here, whether true an provable or not and was alluded to at the time she joined the ticker or discussed (or created) almost immediately. She is simply a placeholder, an example of the "Peter Principal" having risen to her highest level of incompetence, to go no further, and thankfully in my book. She has always being another reason to fervently Pray for the continued good health of the President.

You don't shore up votes from a targeted group by nominating a person that target group hates.

Last edited:
Pence has shown himself to be able to do the right thing. Trump base will not accept him but he has shown integrity based on the little I know of him. And yes he probably knows all Trumps secrets to help in the battle.

While I appreciate what VP Prince did, in a pinch, when asked to personally go against his constitutional mandate and participate in the plan to throw the election for Trump, and I thank him for standing up, still he slept walked through the 4 years of Trump. I personally think Trump picked him for controllability, just not thinking he might have to ask him to buck the constitution and throw a national election.
You are correct that he would never win over the Trump base, some of which were looking to hang him and January 6.
He is not and never has been Mr. Charisma.
Running at this time would be a waste of time and money.

Wrong.
I do not like Trump, but all that Pence was asked to do was delay election certification for a week.
Since so many voting machines are in use, that make certification of any election much more difficult.
They need to dump the machines and go back to paper ballots only.
Elections are getting worse and worse, not better.
Machines are easily tampered with, leaving no trace at all.

Forum List

Back