Unless this is a giant conspiracy

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
It looks like trump did do "quid pro quo" with Ukraine.
If he did, I hope he gets impeached.
My question is, are we going to start holding all politicians accountable for bad shit, or just the orange ones?
Cause let's face it, past presidents have done way worse shit than using aid to get dirt on a possible political opponent.

It only works with orange Democrats that have (R) in front of thIer names ......and I dont think they're locking up creepy joe biden or his son anytime soon

fvk4jbvuypw31.jpg

He needs an adult!

My question is, are we going to start holding all politicians accountable for bad shit, or just the orange ones?
Cause let's face it, past presidents have done way worse shit than using aid to get dirt on a possible political opponent.

well since all politics is a guid pro quo your desire for impeachment is emotional since you neglected to point out what he wanted was proof the DNC was colluding with ukraine officials to effect the 2016 election,,,which we all know is illegal, and thats just the tip of the iceberg,,,

I hope the dems are running scared cause theres a dog nipping at their heels,,

sorry but what trump did was his duty as POTUS and none of your emotional rants will change that

William Taylor's testimony
"That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the president committed to pursue the investigation"
Sondland etc

It seems to me that the last time a President abused his office in order to beef up his election chances, we impeached him. Or would have if he hadn't resigned.

Did he use aid as leverage?

it would sure seem so.

for me, though, I knew all along that we were doing this and never considered it illegal.

targeting a 'political opponent' is thin. If he was asking for an investigation into corruption, whether or not his true motive was political, that is another example of business as usual, IMO, in the doublespeak of saying things to create a facade while wanting something else entirely. SSDD.

personally, I couldn't give half a shit about this. Trump isn't politically savvy enough to not deliver these messages personally, which others are. As to the thread, the answer is there. No, we will not prosecute others, because they will play the game better and be a couple of layers back from the fall guy. That's the way it's always been done and will continue to be done long after Trump is gone.

well since all politics is a guid pro quo your desire for impeachment is emotional since you neglected to point out what he wanted was proof the DNC was colluding with ukraine officials to effect the 2016 election,,,which we all know is illegal, and thats just the tip of the iceberg,,,

I hope the dems are running scared cause theres a dog nipping at their heels,,

sorry but what trump did was his duty as POTUS and none of your emotional rants will change that
Why didnt he do it before now?

Getting something for something is called lobbying happens in Politics from The local city counsel races through the Highest levels of Govt Activity. We don't just give away anything there is always quid pro quo. Finding out about Corruption that may involve US leaders their families and other Govt actors is absolutely within the Presidents authority. If that hurts a Political opponent then they should have been more scrupulous in their Official and personal dealings with foreign country's. These same people will probably be called to testify in the Senate. "Nancy, Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth" ……" I'll have to ask my staff what it is first"!

it would sure seem so.

for me, though, I knew all along that we were doing this and never considered it illegal.

targeting a 'political opponent' is thin. If he was asking for an investigation into corruption, whether or not his true motive was political, that is another example of business as usual, IMO, in the doublespeak of saying things to create a facade while wanting something else entirely. SSDD.

personally, I couldn't give half a shit about this. Trump isn't politically savvy enough to not deliver these messages personally, which others are. As to the thread, the answer is there. No, we will not prosecute others, because they will play the game better and be a couple of layers back from the fall guy. That's the way it's always been done and will continue to be done long after Trump is gone.
"Targeting a political opponent" presumes a motivation.....What if Biden's existence as a candidate is incidental?

It seems to me that the last time a President abused his office in order to beef up his election chances, we impeached him. Or would have if he hadn't resigned.

sorry you old hag but thats not what happened this time,,,

this is all about the DNC collusion with the ukraine,,,

Getting something for something is called lobbying happens in Politics from The local city counsel races through the Highest levels of Govt Activity. We don't just give away anything there is always quid pro quo. Finding out about Corruption that may involve US leaders their families and other Govt actors is absolutely within the Presidents authority. If that hurts a Political opponent then they should have been more scrupulous in their Official and personal dealings with foreign country's. These same people will probably be called to testify in the Senate. "Nancy, Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth" ……" I'll have to ask my staff what it is first"!

Presidents have done it in their second term to boost their party since then.
But I was referring to worse things than holding up aid to investigate other politicians corruption.

Where is The Quid Pro Quo? No money was exchanged. Nothing of value was exchanged. Asking The Ukraine to continue it's cooperation with The Department of Justice in an ongoing investigation when you have a Cooperation Agreement already in place is not even UNETHICAL let alone a crime worth impeaching anyone for.

The whole thing is absurd and that is why there was ZERO BIPARTISAN SUPPORT for it.

There's that assumption again - that Trump asked for assistance with the matter to gain political advantage.

it would sure seem so.

Good post.
What really gets me about it being political is the timing.

William Taylor's testimony
"That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the president committed to pursue the investigation"
Sondland etc
Semantic shell gaming.

Just how did this become a "clear understanding"?...Replace the word "understanding" with "opinion"....Now how does it read?
Maybe so man. I'm not 100 percent sold but it keeps leaning that way, imo.

It is a giant conspiracy you dumb shit. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to see and know it for what it is.

Forum List

Back