Unless this is a giant conspiracy

Thanks to unrelenting media hype, Americans learned a new Latin phrase "quid etc" but they don't necessarily know what it means. All diplomacy is quid-pro-quo (literally this for that). Getting your do-nothing junkie kid on a foreign petro board is another thing.

Last edited:
v
It looks like trump did do "quid pro quo" with Ukraine.
If he did, I hope he gets impeached.
My question is, are we going to start holding all politicians accountable for bad shit, or just the orange ones?
Cause let's face it, past presidents have done way worse shit than using aid to get dirt on a possible political opponent.

well since all politics is a guid pro quo your desire for impeachment is emotional since you neglected to point out what he wanted was proof the DNC was colluding with ukraine officials to effect the 2016 election,,,which we all know is illegal, and thats just the tip of the iceberg,,,

I hope the dems are running scared cause theres a dog nipping at their heels,,

sorry but what trump did was his duty as POTUS and none of your emotional rants will change that
Why didnt he do it before now?

according to documents he was,,,its just in this case it was the first time talking to a newly elected president,,so this was just a follow up,,

and with holding the aid might be about the 8 billion we already gave them that disappeared and he didnt want to just throw away more ,money,,,
Yea but throwing away money would be cool of he did what he was told right?

WTF are you talking about??
You said wasting money might be why but logic says otherwise.

Did he use aid as leverage?

it would sure seem so.

for me, though, I knew all along that we were doing this and never considered it illegal.

targeting a 'political opponent' is thin. If he was asking for an investigation into corruption, whether or not his true motive was political, that is another example of business as usual, IMO, in the doublespeak of saying things to create a facade while wanting something else entirely. SSDD.

personally, I couldn't give half a shit about this. Trump isn't politically savvy enough to not deliver these messages personally, which others are. As to the thread, the answer is there. No, we will not prosecute others, because they will play the game better and be a couple of layers back from the fall guy. That's the way it's always been done and will continue to be done long after Trump is gone.
"Targeting a political opponent" presumes a motivation.....What if Biden's existence as a candidate is incidental?

whether it is or isn't isn't the point. if an investigation into corruption was Trump's stated purpose, then it's typical business as usual.

He wants a favor, but can't state the actual reason, so packages it as something else. Nothing in any way odd or atypical about it. We see this every day coming out of DC, where this exact brand of bullshit is the native language and they act as if their lies are truth.
Agreed...There are uncounted examples of Trump asking people "for a favor"...The term conveys no ulterior motive unless you want it to.

But my point about Biden's being a candidate as incidental to the matter stands...If he had decided not to run, where would the "attacking his political rivals" narrative be?
But if it wasnt political, why wait?
If it was just about corruption, why not do it before now?

My question is, are we going to start holding all politicians accountable for bad shit, or just the orange ones?
Cause let's face it, past presidents have done way worse shit than using aid to get dirt on a possible political opponent.
Yes, the last president who did way worse shit to get dirt on a political opponent was Nixon. And we all know what happened to him.

As for the bar for impeachment, I use the Republican measuring stick. If lying about a blowjob is a high crime and misdemeanor, then extorting a foreign power to get dirt on a political opponent for personal gain is a many orders of magnitude greater high crime and misdemeanor.
Oh please. You are a reganite. Abusing power doesnt mean shit to you.
You just hate trump and he makes you sound like a little girl cause you get all up in your feelz.
Presidents have been doing bad shit for generations now.

Did he use aid as leverage?

it would sure seem so.

for me, though, I knew all along that we were doing this and never considered it illegal.

targeting a 'political opponent' is thin. If he was asking for an investigation into corruption, whether or not his true motive was political, that is another example of business as usual, IMO, in the doublespeak of saying things to create a facade while wanting something else entirely. SSDD.

personally, I couldn't give half a shit about this. Trump isn't politically savvy enough to not deliver these messages personally, which others are. As to the thread, the answer is there. No, we will not prosecute others, because they will play the game better and be a couple of layers back from the fall guy. That's the way it's always been done and will continue to be done long after Trump is gone.
"Targeting a political opponent" presumes a motivation.....What if Biden's existence as a candidate is incidental?

whether it is or isn't isn't the point. if an investigation into corruption was Trump's stated purpose, then it's typical business as usual.

He wants a favor, but can't state the actual reason, so packages it as something else. Nothing in any way odd or atypical about it. We see this every day coming out of DC, where this exact brand of bullshit is the native language and they act as if their lies are truth.
Agreed...There are uncounted examples of Trump asking people "for a favor"...The term conveys no ulterior motive unless you want it to.

But my point about Biden's being a candidate as incidental to the matter stands...If he had decided not to run, where would the "attacking his political rivals" narrative be?

I actually agree. That's what they've latched onto. he's a 'political rival'- as if they haven't been using the powers of their offices to 'influence an election' against a 'political rival' since trump was elected. It's pretty much all they actually have been up to it would seem to me.

the whole system in DC is corrupt as fuck and I've gotten to the point where any one of these deranged crooks accusing any of the others else of malfeasance or dirty dealings is literally hilarious to me for its utter hypocrisy.

It's like they think they're invisible and people don't see their actions for what they really are, and again that's the point. these fucks created the game, profit from the game, live by the game and now they're impeaching Trump for playing their game? #gimmeafuggin'break

William Taylor's testimony
"That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the president committed to pursue the investigation"
Sondland etc
Semantic shell gaming.

Just how did this become a "clear understanding"?...Replace the word "understanding" with "opinion"....Now how does it read?
Maybe so man. I'm not 100 percent sold but it keeps leaning that way, imo.
Remember that these are State Department lifers....They think that they're the ones who run the whole world.....The fact that Trump would dare to deal directly with other leaders, rather than put that all through their Rube Goldberg of bureaucratic channels, is a direct threat to their job security.

After three years, we've only begun skimming the upper scum layers of the swamp...The reptiles were never going to take it lying down.
Every Obama and Clinton associated person should be fired and have their security clearances revoked. These people are corrupt, and that is what is meant when people speak about The Deep State.

Thanks to unrelenting media hype, Americans learned a new Latin phrase "quid etc" but they don't necessarily know what it means. All diplomacy is quid-pro-quo (literally this for that). Getting your do-nothing junkie kid on a foreign petro board is another thing.
In this context the "that" is personal.

If caught they should all be punished. Need to get rid of the corruption. This is pretty serious abuse of power. What examples are worst that went unpunished?

"That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the president committed to pursue the investigation"
Sondland etc
Semantic shell gaming.

Just how did this become a "clear understanding"?...Replace the word "understanding" with "opinion"....Now how does it read?
Remember that these are State Department lifers....They think that they're the ones who run the whole world.....The fact that Trump would dare to deal directly with other leaders, rather than put that all through their Rube Goldberg of bureaucratic channels, is a direct threat to their job security.

After three years, we've only begun skimming the upper scum layers of the swamp...The reptiles were never going to take it lying down.
Every Obama and Clinton associated person should be fired and have their security clearances revoked. These people are corrupt, and that is what is meant when people speak about The Deep State.
Sounds like a plan to keep the corrupt from being caught...

There's little indication that anyone is going to hold the orange one accountable. I don't think the Democrats even want Donald removed. I think they are just doing this song and dance hoping it gives them a boost next November. Same thing Republicans did with Benghazi.

OK, like what? I think this is really serious. We're not just talking about abusing official power for political gain. We're talking about abusing the Presidency by inviting foreign influence into our democratic processes. It borders on treason.

Sondland etc
Semantic shell gaming.

Some of them are Bushies....The corruption and arrogance transcends party affiliation.

If caught they should all be punished. Need to get rid of the corruption. This is pretty serious abuse of power. What examples are worst that went unpunished?
Reagan started the crack epidemic
Obama used the IRS to attack political opponents
Shipping guns to Mexican cartels
Obtaining phone records of private citizens
Countless unconstituional EOs that grew govt power, restricted constitutional rights etc
I could go on for days. Going back 100s of years

There's little indication that anyone is going to hold the orange one accountable. I don't think the Democrats even want Donald removed. I think they are just doing this song and dance hoping it gives them a boost next November. Same thing Republicans did with Benghazi.

OK, like what? I think this is really serious. We're not just talking about abusing official power for political gain. We're talking about abusing the Presidency by inviting foreign influence into our democratic processes. It borders on treason.
Which has happened before.

Yes, the last president who did way worse shit to get dirt on a political opponent was Nixon. And we all know what happened to him.

As for the bar for impeachment, I use the Republican measuring stick. If lying about a blowjob is a high crime and misdemeanor, then extorting a foreign power to get dirt on a political opponent for personal gain is a many orders of magnitude greater high crime and misdemeanor.

You're embarrassing yourself. WJC was impeached for telling people to lie about what happened not about a BJ. He should not have been impeached either IMO but I was young at the time and didn't care.
He knows all that...I've learned through the years that g5000 is just a fucking contrarian gadfly with absolutely zero tethering to any facts or philosophy.....His entire existence is married to stirring shit.

Sondland etc
Semantic shell gaming.

Some of them are Bushies....The corruption and arrogance transcends party affiliation.
The Bushes were Globalists. Globalism is Evil and Anti-American. The Bushes were selling out America just like The Clintons after them, and just like Obama, and like Hillary Clinton and Any Dem that gets elected will do again.

Then in steps Trump, and he takes a Sledge Hammer to their Pyramid Scheme of Auctioning off America one piece at a time.

He wrecked their world, and they want to wreck his.

It's that simple.

Zero evidence.

Law Enforcement Assistance and Cooperation Treaty

Military Aid assistance legislation requires assurance countries receiving aid is not engaging in corruption and not acting against or natl security.

Military aid was NOT withheld...as Biden and Obama did to Ukraine just before Putin invaded and annexed Crimea

Investigation lead is a proven liar and admitted classified information leaker, a Contact Witness, and has been compromised by a Russian-born arms dealer who also worked with corrupt Ukraine officials - who gave Schiff a lot of money.....

Collusion Delusion 2.0: Ukraine

Sondland etc
He is also tied in with Burisma, through the Atlantic Council. Research before believing.

It seems to me that the last time a President abused his office in order to beef up his election chances, we impeached him. Or would have if he hadn't resigned.

I thought that you were so despondent that you put your keyboard away.

to bad for you and your TDS thats not what happened,,,

this is about DNC collusion with ukraine
That's exactly what happened. Your DNC conspiracy theory is a crack pipe dream.

Forum List

Back