United Methodist Church To Split Over Gay Marriage

Right, he does not. Still doesn't change the fact that homosexuality is a sin.
Lot of things are sins

Modern churches will have to accept the fact that their ancient hatreds are no longer valid.

The Bible doesn't change. Modern left-wingers need to accept the fact, our faith doesn't change based on the whims of modern left-wingers.

The Bible was wrong on many issues

Slavery, execution, treatment of women, beating children

Modern faiths have evolved

No, actually it wasn't wrong on any of that. None of it. Your interpretation of it is wrong.

But here's the real kicker... we don't need your approval.
We don't care if you think it's wrong or not.

You say we're wrong and backwards? Ok....? So what? Since when do we need to justify ourselves to you? We only need to justify ourselves to G-d.

Did you miss the constitution?

Right? We are free to assemble as we please. Free to practice our faith as we please. Free to say homosexuals are not allowed in our church.

And we are completely free to not care what you think about us, our faith, no matter what your completely irrelevant opinion of us, is.

You don't matter. None of you left-wingers do. Your opinion that "we hate"... don't care. Nonya business!

So while I have problem saying you are wrong about all those false claims you made against us.... I don't need to justify or prove any of it to you.
No Shit Sherlock
Nobody can force a church to change their archaic beliefs

But nobody can force people to attend

Absolutely true. But I don't see the Methodist Rank and File pushing for the Glorification of Sodomy

Right, he does not. Still doesn't change the fact that homosexuality is a sin.
Lot of things are sins

Modern churches will have to accept the fact that their ancient hatreds are no longer valid.

The Bible doesn't change. Modern left-wingers need to accept the fact, our faith doesn't change based on the whims of modern left-wingers.

No, actually it wasn't wrong on any of that. None of it. Your interpretation of it is wrong.

You say we're wrong and backwards? Ok....? So what? Since when do we need to justify ourselves to you? We only need to justify ourselves to G-d.

Right? We are free to assemble as we please. Free to practice our faith as we please. Free to say homosexuals are not allowed in our church.

And we are completely free to not care what you think about us, our faith, no matter what your completely irrelevant opinion of us, is.

You don't matter. None of you left-wingers do. Your opinion that "we hate"... don't care. Nonya business!

So while I have problem saying you are wrong about all those false claims you made against us.... I don't need to justify or prove any of it to you.
No Shit Sherlock

Of course not. Why would we want you to attend, if you don't believe in G-d?

Actually I've never understood why any left-winger would ever attend church, based on their own view of what church should be.

What is the point of a church, that just morphs to fit whatever you want it to be? Why go to a church just to have them tell you what you already think?

Isn't the point of a church, to find out what G-d thinks? And by definition, doesn't that mean G-d will contradict pop culture many times?

Lot of things are sins

No Shit Sherlock

Absolutely true. But I don't see the Methodist Rank and File pushing for the Glorification of Sodomy
Methodists don’t give blowjobs?

Lot of things are sins

No Shit Sherlock

Actually I've never understood why any left-winger would ever attend church, based on their own view of what church should be.

What is the point of a church, that just morphs to fit whatever you want it to be? Why go to a church just to have them tell you what you already think?

Isn't the point of a church, to find out what G-d thinks? And by definition, doesn't that mean G-d will contradict pop culture many times?

You can believe in God and still not hate gays

Modern churchgoers will not tolerate it
Neither will their children who grow up not hating gays

No Shit Sherlock

Why would someone even go to church if they don't have moral standard?

Its not about "hating" any one. My suspicion is that 30 years from now there will very few homosexual methodists left in the pews. If the idea of "sin" doesn't exist, because anything goes, why bother attending and giving to a house of worship

No Shit Sherlock

Its not about "hating" any one. My suspicion is that 30 years from now there will very few homosexual methodists left in the pews. If the idea of "sin" doesn't exist, because anything goes, why bother attending and giving to a house of worship
There is nothing immoral about being a homosexual

Even the Pope realizes it

No Shit Sherlock

Almighty God has a different viewpoint. He was really angry about the Gay Community of Sodom.

No Shit Sherlock

G-d said that marriage is between a man and woman, and that sex relations with people of the same sex is a sin.

Now if you mean we don't 'hate gays' like I don't sit around screaming at gay people.... you are right, and I don't.

But if you mean 'hate gays' as in we have to let them have same sex marriage, and allow them in a congregation when they are openly sinning agianst G-d, no that isn't an option. We believe G-d is the one who defines right and wrong, and he said those things are wrong.

End of story :)

No Shit Sherlock

Pope is nothing. The Bible is who defines right and wrong. The Bible says it is immoral.

End of discussion dude. Bible said it. The end.

No Shit Sherlock

G-d said that marriage is between a man and woman, and that sex relations with people of the same sex is a sin.

Now if you mean we don't 'hate gays' like I don't sit around screaming at gay people.... you are right, and I don't.

But if you mean 'hate gays' as in we have to let them have same sex marriage, and allow them in a congregation when they are openly sinning agianst G-d, no that isn't an option. We believe G-d is the one who defines right and wrong, and he said those things are wrong.

God says oral sex is a sin and that adultery is a sin
Doesn’t stop Christians

No Shit Sherlock

Pope is nothing. The Bible is who defines right and wrong. The Bible says it is immoral.

Bible is wrong on many things being immoral

The Bible even accepts slavery
Doesn’t get more immoral than that

No Shit Sherlock

Doesn’t stop Christians

Yeah, actually it does.
Look, I don't know what church you've been in... but it sounds insane. Any Christian caught doing that in any of the churches I've been in, would absolutely kick them out for sure.

No, you are wrong. You have the right to be wrong, but you are just wrong.

And again, we don't care that you are wrong. Your opinion of our faith, isn't important to us.

Isn't grace received from the bottom up, not the top down. Jesus came to save those kinds of people.

No Shit Sherlock

Doesn’t stop Christians

Yeah, actually it does.
Look, I don't know what church you've been in... but it sounds insane. Any Christian caught doing that in any of the churches I've been in, would absolutely kick them out for sure.
Your church kicks you out for getting a blow job?

And again, we don't care that you are wrong. Your opinion of our faith, isn't important to us.
The Bible, especially the Old Testament has a questionable depiction of values that are abhorrent to modern societies.

Slavery, capital punishment, torture, whipping , degradation of women, child abuse......all were accepted
This is the same Old Testament that says homosexuality is a sin

Doesn’t stop Christians

Yeah, actually it does.
Your church kicks you out for getting a blow job?

Absolutely. Now I'm sure that if someone did such a thing, that they wouldn't be telling anyone in the church. How can the church kick you out for activities they don't know about? Obviously I have never engaged in such disgusting activities myself, but I have no doubt that someone in the church likely has, and no one knows.

But yes of course we would kick them out if we found out about it. Absolutely.

If you claim to be Christian.... now that's key... If you are pagan, and you are looking for G-d, that's a different thing. If a total pagan comes to the Church, and says "yes I'm involved in XYZ, but I want to know what G-d says"... we're not kicking that person out. They don't know any better, because they are not Christians. If they come, we will welcome them. That includes gays too. You tell us you are non-christian and gay, you are welcome to come, and repent, and pray to G-d for forgiveness just like the rest of us.

But if you say you are a Christian, and then you engage in these disgusting activities.... yeah of course we will show you to the door.
Ephesians 5:11
Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.​

Pretty clear....

And just in thinking about it... I wager this is why people like you assume we don't care about one, and do care about the other, is because of what I said before.

People engaging in blow jobs, and adultery... they know they are doing wrong, so they hide it. Well again, it's impossible for the church to remove bad behavior they don't know about. Homosexuals for some reason, appear to be very vocal about their bad behavior. When a guy is cheating on his wife, he doesn't show up at church sitting next to the mistress. We would escort such a man back to the front door, and bid him good day.

But a guy shows up with his husband, and claims to be a Christian, and we show him to the door... and they act like they are being singled out, and ignoring all the adultery. No, we're not. We just don't know about it. If the guy showed up with women he's having an affair with, we'd do the same to him.

There was a story on this forum even, of a guy that went to church for decades, died... and this his husband showed up at the church.

No one knew he was gay, just like some other guy that no one knows is cheating on his wife, and he lived his entire life in the church without problem.

The Bible, especially the Old Testament has a questionable depiction of values that are abhorrent to modern societies.

Slavery, capital punishment, torture, whipping , degradation of women, child abuse......all were accepted
This is the same Old Testament that says homosexuality is a sin

Again.... we don't care what you think is abhorrent to modern societies. You don't matter to us. We're not here to be best friends with the world.

Your opinion... doesn't matter to Christians. We're fine with you thinking we're abhorrent and "deplorables". We don't need your approval.

Isn't grace received from the bottom up, not the top down. Jesus came to save those kinds of people.

Sure, absolutely. Jesus came to save the lost, the sick, and the broken.

Where the problem comes, is that certain groups of people want to be part of the group, but they don't believe they are lost, sick, or broken.

It is only a matter of time till all churches will accept gay marriage

Churches who don’t, will be labeled as hate faith out of touch with societal norms

Forum List

Back