Unexpected Results of Overturning Rowe V Wade

Nonsense 90% of abortions occur in the 1st trimester (12 weeks). When you look at the reason behind these terminations after the first trimester, overwhelmingly these are for pregnancies that are very problematic—a fetal anomaly, perhaps something that is incompatible with life. To force a woman to give birth to child that can live only a few hours is just plain inhumane. For the most part, these are desperately desired pregnancies. 2nd trimester abortions that lack medical complications are very rare.

Thanks for that information but how is that a reason for not providing supports to children and families- if that is what the implication is?

Quite the contrary. The stage is set to move control of goverment from the federal government to the states. Russia would love to see anything that weakens the federal government.
Yes of course Russia wants a weak federal government. That is why Putin is in bed with the Red Square Republican who suck his balls every chance that they get. Let me remind you of a couple of things. This is a constitutional Republic, not a Federation. The reconstruction Amendments-particularly the 14th strengthened the Republic and ensures that states do not violates citizens rights under the bill of rights. Lastly, an extensive body of case law has established unenumerated rights that flow from the basic documents and the 14th Amendment

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this ruling undermines a number of other federal rulings for example the states right to forbid interracial marriage
As each of your posts outdo its predecessors in terms of stupidity, it is difficult where to start. For example, this one explicitly contradicts the 14th Amendment. Do you really need an "interpretation?"

When you look at the reason behind these terminations after the first trimester, overwhelmingly these are for pregnancies that are very problematic—a fetal anomaly, perhaps something that is incompatible with life.
This is BS. Show me some actual statistics. By the way, what is more incompatible with life than an abortion?

This is why I don't think there is going to be a big drop in the number of abortions after Rowe v Wade. Most of the states that ban abortion will permit it in the first trimester and that's 90% of the abortions. Couple that with the number of states that have no restrictions and out of state abortions, I doubt if there will be more than a 10% to 15% decrease.
So why are you so worked up about overturning Roe v. Wade if it won't seriously affect the number of abortions?

When discussing the overturning of Rowe V Wade, all discussions focused on abortion. However there are going to be some unexpected results other allowing states to control abortion.

Reading the draft opinion, the underpinnings for the decision is no constitutional basis for Rowe therefore it is a state not a federal issue. The draft went into details explaining why there was no implied right to abortion and thus the 4th and 16th amendment were not applicable. With this majority opinion it becomes clear that there is more going on than just giving states control over abortion.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this ruling undermines a number of other federal rulings for example the states right to forbid interracial marriage as well as gay marriages. It also weakens the case for federal laws managing healthcare such as HIPPA and Obamacare, federal aid to education, etc. It is a huge victory for state rights with the potential to totally upend the America we know.

Another result of the ruling is political. Will support for antiabortion in the Republican party be as strong after Rowe is overturned as before? I think not. Support for antiabortion in the Republican Party comes from the religious right and the anti-big government crowd who strongly favor states rights. When Rowe is law of the land, these two groups were united in the desire abolish federal protection for abortion. With state control of abortion there is going to be less enthusiasm for antiabortion within the party. Over the last 20 years, 30% of the party has become a member on a non-Christian religion or none at all. The second reason I think that support is going to drop is that the big national battle is over. Although there will be fighting in most states, in some states it will just be a non-issue.

Before the court draft came out, I was reading articles about republicans getting full control of government in 2024 and passing anti-abortion legislation that would make abortion illegal in the US. It seems that the court deciding that abortion is a state issue has shot that down removing any hope of a united country on this issue.
I don't think Alito's draft is any hindrance to a federal law codifying Roe or totally prohibiting abortion. (I think the latter would violate the equal protection clause, but that's another matter) But the Senate would have to get rid of any need to have more than 50 plus the VP voting.

I hope Alito's opinion politicizes the three generations of women who grew up believing they had a constitutional right to abortion more or less before "quickening" which was the status quo at the Founding.

And I don't think we'd have had an IraqII War of Afghanistan if we still had the draft and not a voluteer army, but that too is another matter.

When discussing the overturning of Rowe V Wade, all discussions focused on abortion. However there are going to be some unexpected results other allowing states to control abortion.

Reading the draft opinion, the underpinnings for the decision is no constitutional basis for Rowe therefore it is a state not a federal issue. The draft went into details explaining why there was no implied right to abortion and thus the 4th and 16th amendment were not applicable. With this majority opinion it becomes clear that there is more going on than just giving states control over abortion.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this ruling undermines a number of other federal rulings for example the states right to forbid interracial marriage as well as gay marriages. It also weakens the case for federal laws managing healthcare such as HIPPA and Obamacare, federal aid to education, etc. It is a huge victory for state rights with the potential to totally upend the America we know.

Another result of the ruling is political. Will support for antiabortion in the Republican party be as strong after Rowe is overturned as before? I think not. Support for antiabortion in the Republican Party comes from the religious right and the anti-big government crowd who strongly favor states rights. When Rowe is law of the land, these two groups were united in the desire abolish federal protection for abortion. With state control of abortion there is going to be less enthusiasm for antiabortion within the party. Over the last 20 years, 30% of the party has become a member on a non-Christian religion or none at all. The second reason I think that support is going to drop is that the big national battle is over. Although there will be fighting in most states, in some states it will just be a non-issue.

Before the court draft came out, I was reading articles about republicans getting full control of government in 2024 and passing anti-abortion legislation that would make abortion illegal in the US. It seems that the court deciding that abortion is a state issue has shot that down removing any hope of a united country on this issue.

United country? What the fuck? How the fuck do you think Democrats were going to do that? You are totally divisive and hate filled. Don't whine about expecting what you don't give

Last edited:
I don't think Alito's draft is any hindrance to a federal law codifying Roe or totally prohibiting abortion. (I think the latter would violate the equal protection clause, but that's another matter

That doesn't even make sense. Be specific what you are making up here

Correct.

It’s a victory for the authoritarian right in states they control to enact all manner of discriminatory, draconian measures jeopardizing the right to vote, the right to marry, the right to due process of law, the right to equal protection of the law, and the right to counsel, just to note a few.

Red States will decide for themselves when live begins and will not have to answer to a ruling that has slaughtered unborn babies for CONVENIENCE................

They got all hot and heavy and got knocked up. So. Let's just end it by killing the unborn.........

I can to a degree compromise..........but where I refuse to compromise is LATE TERM...........Unless the mother's life is in danger via A DOCTOR.............IT IS BARBARISM.

Anyone who does that or brags about it...........If FUCKING EVIL.

I must grudgingly agree that some compromise might be unavoidable, but never lose sight of the hard fact that murdering an innocent human being at any stage of life is evil, and nobody who has any vestige of a soul or a conscience should ever be comfortable with defending it.

Any compromise that allows abortion to happen at any stage, is a compromise that gives way to evil.

Unexpected consequences? Much, much more black crime, duh, as black males grow up who would have been aborted and start mugging and robbing and gangbusting and killing. This has been a well-known side-effect of abortion rights since 1972, since black women avail themselves of abortion much more often than white women.

I think you male conservatives are crazy that you let this black population explosion happen.

The problem of higher rates of bastardy and crime among blacks is a completely different issue.

I cannot agree that genocide is an acceptable solution to this issue.

The compromise that most anti abortion people refuse to make is, if we seriously restrict or outlaw abortion, lets support social safety net programs like health care, nutritional programs, paid family leave and affordable day care to name just a few. Those who do not support those things are not pro life. They are full of shit

Your “compromise” is extortion. You demand to force unsustainable government-run scams on us as a condition of refraining from the murder of innocent human beings.

That's pretty much the definition of a terrorist, to target innocent third parties for murder, for a malevolent political cause.

The problem of higher rates of bastardy and crime among blacks is a completely different issue.

I cannot agree that genocide is an acceptable solution to this issue.
Genocide? What an overstatement. Genocide means aggressively killing everyone of a given ethnic group!!!!

If black women are getting abortions voluntarily, I think it's a little unkind to say they are committing genocide.

Genocide? What an overstatement. Genocide means aggressively killing everyone of a given ethnic group!!!!

If black women are getting abortions voluntarily, I think it's a little unkind to say they are committing genocide.

What you appear to be advocating is the selective, targeted murder, disproportionately of black people, as a means of controlling what you see as a crime wave that you think would result if blacks are not systematically targeted for murder in the manner that you support.

Perhaps you can get away with playing some semantic games to define what you advocate as “not genocide”, but even if so, what you are arguing is certainly a moral equivalent thereof; and it certainly reflects a murderous racism on your part.

What you appear to be advocating is the selective, targeted murder, disproportionately of black people, as a means of controlling what you see as a crime wave that you think would result if blacks are not systematically targeted for murder in the manner that you support.

Perhaps you can get away with playing some semantic games to define what you advocate as “not genocide”, but even if so, what you are arguing is certainly a moral equivalent thereof; and it certainly reflects a murderous racism on your part.
Naaaaaaaah, that would only be correct if I were commanding them to go get abortions. They are doing this en masse, voluntarily, eagerly, and many are the articles saying blacks will be "disporportionately disadvantaged" by an end to Roe v. Wade. Well, yes.

Why are you denying black women what they want? Darn, you look to me like the race aggressor here.

Forum List

Back