Ukraine Commander Sending Husbands of Female Soldiers Who Won’t Have Sex with Him to Die.

Yeah cuz that's what just happened.

I didn't just provide you with a contemporaneous Newsweek article that showed almost all 29 NATO members increasing their military spending under Trump's successful guidance.

What does it feel like to be a garbage human who is incapable of moving beyond their own abject ignorance?

It's gotta suck.

Now I really am done with you, everyone can see you're a total fraud. ;)
It's true that many NATO members have increased their defense spending during Trump's time in office, but according to the Newsweek article, In 2015, two years before Trump took office, during the Obama administration, in response to the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine, most NATO members pledged to increase their defense spending:

"Four years ago, members of the Western military alliance pledged to increase the percentage of their gross domestic product spent on defense to a minimum of 2 percent by 2024. But Trump has insisted that NATO allies should spend more on defense, and faster."

There is no reason to think they increased their spending any faster because of Trump's outburst. Do you want to give him credit for sunny days during his term in office, too?

There is no reason to think they increased their spending any faster because of Trump's outburst.

In post #71 you said the NATO nations did not increase their spending until after the Russian invasion.

Now you're moving the goalposts admitting this was false.

You're full of shit.

And everyone can see it.

In post #71 you said the NATO nations did not increase their spending until after the Russian invasion.

Now you're moving the goalposts admitting this was false.

You're full of shit.

And everyone can see it.
Until after the 2014 Russian invasion. The point stands, European members of NATO began increasing their spending after the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine and there is no evidence Trump's outburst had any effect on NATO spending.

Further, his claim to have good relations with Putin and Zelensky is clearly false. Trump failed to persuade Putin to sop violating the Intermediate Nuclear Forces Treaty and that made the world a more dangerous place, and when Trump tried to force Zelensky to dig up or invent some dirt on Biden by threatening to cut off aid to Ukraine if he didn't, he failed again because Congress wouldn't allow him to.

More, it is clear Trump has no idea why Putin didn't invade while he was in office and no idea what he would do to end the war if he were to get a third term. As I said before, Trump is running on a record of solid failure as far as this conflict goes.

Since Trump had no success dealing with Putin, Zelensky or the Europeans as President, and since the world moved a tiny bit closer to WWIII with the end of the INF during his term as President, I fail to see why you think he would have more success if he became President again.

If you are an isolationist, I do understand why you would want the US to stop aiding Ukraine.
How exactly does a war between Russia and the Ukraine threaten the United States? I am opposed to our getting involved in foolish wars in far off hell holes. Fortunately so far our troops are not directly involved in this war (at least that we know of).

The war will profit the military industrial complex but seems to be running our arsenal short of things like ammo. We may need the supplies we are short of if we have to defend Taiwan from a Chinese invasion. We get a lot more stuff from Taiwan than Ukraine.

Until after the 2014 Russian invasion.

HA!

Dude you are so absolutely full of shit.

How did I know you would do that?

The Newsweek article you fail to acknowledge is regarding Trump's efforts and the fruit they bore during his Presidency.

It's not about 2014.

OK, I really am done with you - not reading any more of your stupid posts.

Get a job.

How exactly does a war between Russia and the Ukraine threaten the United States? I am opposed to our getting involved in foolish wars in far off hell holes. Fortunately so far our troops are not directly involved in this war (at least that we know of).

The war will profit the military industrial complex but seems to be running our arsenal short of things like ammo. We may need the supplies we are short of if we have to defend Taiwan from a Chinese invasion. We get a lot more stuff from Taiwan than Ukraine.

First off, it's not a war between Russian and Ukraine, it is an invasion by Russia of its weaker neighbor with the intent to take control of it.

Second, we are not involved in the war, we are merely providing aid to Ukraine so it can defend itself.

So the question is, does it serve US interests to send aid to Ukraine to help it drive the Russians back behind their own borders? The short answer is, yes, as member of NATO it does serve US interests to have the Ukrainians defeat the Russians.

HA!

Dude you are so absolutely full of shit.

How did I know you would do that?

The Newsweek article you fail to acknowledge is regarding Trump's efforts and the fruit they bore during his Presidency.

It's not about 2014.

OK, I really am done with you - not reading any more of your stupid posts.

Get a job.
The Newsweek article states clearly that the increase in spending began in 2015, two years before Trump took office. The fact that this increase in spending continued during Trump's term in office does not mean his complaints had any effect on it.

Germany is already in recession and a good chance Britain will follow next year, this is what happens when a Country puts another before the interests of it's own and people, they are pathetic cowards who have inflicted damage on their own people because the US told them to, and the Germans are so pathetic they helped to blow up their own pipeline, companies are going to the wall in Germany, they should be charged with treason.

First off, it's not a war between Russian and Ukraine, it is an invasion by Russia of its weaker neighbor with the intent to take control of it.

Second, we are not involved in the war, we are merely providing aid to Ukraine so it can defend itself.

So the question is, does it serve US interests to send aid to Ukraine to help it drive the Russians back behind their own borders? The short answer is, yes, as member of NATO it does serve US interests to have the Ukrainians defeat the Russians.
What interests do you have in Ukraine thousands of miles away?

The Newsweek article states clearly that the increase in spending began in 2015

Yes but then they increased it far more rapidly to meet the 2% target, and that was after he took office and requested it.

Good job.

Yes but then they increased it far more rapidly to meet the 2% target, and that was after he took office and requested it.

Good job.
There is no evidence they increased their spending more rapidly until after the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine. Initially they started increasing their defense spending after the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine, and again after the 2022 invasion of Ukraine. Trump claims it increased because of him, but there is no evidence to support that claim.

Forum List

Back