U.S. Takes Two Steps Toward Limiting Gun Violence: Model Legislation And Rifle Restrictions

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
I hope this helps. I sure don't think that those accessories that convert a pistol into a rifle should be sold without a background check.

I also don't think that a person should be able to create their own weapon on a 3D printer either.

I think sending out suggestions for legislation to the states is a good idea but I doubt some states will pay any attention to it.

I also don't think that a person should be able to create their own weapon on a 3D printer either.

3D printed gun are very specialized tool for removing fingers and hands. They have no other practical use aside from the aforementioned amputation purposes.
You can tell morons who know nothing about firearms, by the idiotic presumptions they make.

I hope this helps. I sure don't think that those accessories that convert a pistol into a rifle should be sold without a background check.

I think sending out suggestions for legislation to the states is a good idea but I doubt some states will pay any attention to it.

Well, Switzerland has mandatory gun ownership in their country and its citizens are part of a militia. Mandatory for men, optional for women. Switzerland has a very large amount of guns in their country.

Yet Switzerland has amazingly low gun related crime and deaths. Among the top in all of Europe.

So what makes the swiss so different? Why do they have some of the largest gun per resident in all of the world countries but some of the lowest gun crime?

Switzerland has in Europe among the best rated public health systems, mental health, education, and employment. In short, swiss citizens are much happier and content. Their country cares about them and they care about their country. Switzerland has a better society, unlike america.

Of course Switzerland is also a very hard country to immigrate to. They are very strict about it. So they have a society that is close knit and very similar, they don't let yahoos from all over the world run around crazy there stirring the pot. If you want to be swiss you conform to the swiss society, unlike america where no one wants to conform and everyone wants society to conform to them so we have more unrest on top of a government that doesn't care about its people. A country of people who look alike, behave alike, and agree to be in the same society will have a whole let less problems with eachother.

The problem is the united states is society, not guns. Guns are inanimate objects. Banning and controlling guns is the idiots fast and easy solution that does nothing to solve any problems. To solve the problem you need to fix our society.

3D printed gun are very specialized tool for removing fingers and hands. They have no other practical use aside from the aforementioned amputation purposes.
I've never owned one. (A 3D printed gun)
So I can't comment.

1623099669904.png

Next up is mandatory inspections of all business and home machine shops to insure no one is manufacturing a fifty caliber machine gun that won't have serial numbers.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Regulatory masturbation.

The vast majority of gun violence is perpetrated with handguns, ignoramus.
These are proposed rules – they’ve not been implemented and may not be implemented.

And rule changes are subject to judicial review to determine Constitutionality.
Shove it up your ass, drive-by fascist asswipe.

Better tell this federal judge and SCOTUS. LMAO. Judge rules California's ban on assault weapons unconstitutional

So I can't comment.

As someone with experience in both firearms and 3d printing... I can say with confidence that brittle plastic such as ABS or PLA (the most widely used plastics for printing) with their low melting points (around 200C) would be less than ideal for making a firearm.

Whats that? Make Love not war?
You should go to the border and strap your ass over a saw horse and let the illegals make love not war.

So I can't comment.

As someone with experience in both firearms and 3d printing... I can say with confidence that brittle plastic such as ABS or PLA (the most widely used plastics for printing) with their low melting points (around 200C) would be less than ideal for making a firearm.

You can 3d print with metal as well.

So I can't comment.

Not with any machine that anyone would associate with what is commonly known as a 3D printer.

What are commonly called "metal filaments" are actually plastic filaments with a minute portion of metal powder mixed in. It's supposed to make the plastic look like metal (it actually doesn't) but provides absolutely none of thr structural qualities of metal.

If you're going to manufacture guns from CAD files, ypu would use CNC, which is like 3d printing in usage, but exactly the opposite, it takes away materials instead of depositing material, so, with the right machine, you can build in any material that is softer than the steel cutting tools.

These machines are common, they've been around for decades, and people have them in home workshops.

On the other hand, you can make perfectly usable firearms with common shop tools or even hand tools. The instructions, plans, and templates are for sale on Amazon.

If you wanted to make firearms by hand, nothing would stop you. People have been doing that for centuries.

So I can't comment.

Not with any machine that anyone would associate with what is commonly known as a 3D printer.

What are commonly called "metal filaments" are actually plastic filaments with a minute portion of metal powder mixed in. It's supposed to make the plastic look like metal (it actually doesn't) but provides absolutely none of thr structural qualities of metal.

If you're going to manufacture guns from CAD files, ypu would use CNC, which is like 3d printing in usage, but exactly the opposite, it takes away materials instead of depositing material, so, with the right machine, you can build in any material that is softer than the steel cutting tools.

These machines are common, they've been around for decades, and people have them in home workshops.

On the other hand, you can make perfectly usable firearms with common shop tools or even hand tools. The instructions, plans, and templates are for sale on Amazon.

If you wanted to make firearms by hand, nothing would stop you. People have been doing that for centuries.

It can be done with 3D printers that are readily available.
They use high tec metals that I've machined many times in my life such as Inconel 625,17-4 stainless,H13 tool steel and A2 and D2 tool steel.
And ceramic as well.
In most cases these dont need to be machined after printing unless they require really close tolerances.
3D printing will replace most machining processes eventually as they refine the process.
I was around when CNC's took over manual machining in the early 80's. They were run by tape,as in punched tape before they went to computers.

So I can't comment.

They use high tec metals that I've machined many times in my life such as Inconel 625,17-4 stainless,H13 tool steel and A2 and D2 tool steel.
And ceramic as well.
In most cases these dont need to be machined after printing unless they require really close tolerances.
3D printing will replace most machining processes eventually as they refine the process.
I was around when CNC's took over manual machining in the early 80's. They were run by tape,as in punched tape before they went to computers.

You're talking about metal FFF printing which far beyond the scope (and cost) of anyone keen on making bootleg firearms.

And FDM printing of metals, like stainless steel, require very expensive and time consuming post processing with very sspecialized equipment.

This technology would be useless for anything but commercial prototypes.

Based on your experience, you should know better than to suggest, like the press often does, that these machines can pump out usable firearms like a "Star Trek" replicator.

The public is in absolutely no danger of kids or gang bangers hitting the streets with guns they downloaded from Thingiverse.

Regulatory masturbation.

The vast majority of gun violence is perpetrated with handguns, ignoramus.
These are proposed rules – they’ve not been implemented and may not be implemented.

And rule changes are subject to judicial review to determine Constitutionality.
Let's see:

The supreme law of the land says, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Yep! Those laws are unconstitutional.

Then, there's the matter of AR-15 bans being ruled unconstitutional.

Whats that? Make Love not war?
You should go to the border and strap your ass over a saw horse and let the illegals make love not war.

So I can't comment.

And ceramic as well.
3D printers can print in steel? I didn't know that.

Forum List

Back