U.S. Heat Waves: Dessler Continues to Step In It

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Warmist/alarmist buffoon Dessler made a fool of himself gets smashed in return for his "Just didn't look right" stupidity.

Watts Up With That?

U.S. Heat Waves: Dessler Continues to Step In It​

Anthony Watts

June 29, 2020

Excerpt:

Atmospheric scientist Andrew Dessler of Texas A&M University created a stir online at Twitter last year when he decided that a graph published by the EPA, and cited by Bjorn Lomborg a year ago “just didn’t look right.”

Science doesn’t follow, “just didn’t look right” as a rule of discovery or investigation, and as a scientist, Dessler should know better. Following a personal viewpoint of “just doesn’t look right” is a fast track to confirmation bias. Here is what Dessler said:

LINK

Warmist/alarmist buffoon Dessler made a fool of himself gets smashed in return for his "Just didn't look right" stupidity.

Watts Up With That?

U.S. Heat Waves: Dessler Continues to Step In It​

Anthony Watts

June 29, 2020

Excerpt:

Atmospheric scientist Andrew Dessler of Texas A&M University created a stir online at Twitter last year when he decided that a graph published by the EPA, and cited by Bjorn Lomborg a year ago “just didn’t look right.”

Science doesn’t follow, “just didn’t look right” as a rule of discovery or investigation, and as a scientist, Dessler should know better. Following a personal viewpoint of “just doesn’t look right” is a fast track to confirmation bias. Here is what Dessler said:

LINK
We used to call that weather.

Another thread avoidance by warmist/alarmists who are in steep gloom of no terrible weather news to scream about.

Another thread avoidance by warmist/alarmists who are in steep gloom of no terrible weather news to scream about.
Says the guy who just pushed a butthurt personal attack on one man as a way of avoiding the actual science. Business as usual.

Watts started out by not addressing Dessler, and then resorted to the usual "ALL ADJUSTMENTS ARE FRAUD" conspiracy theory.

That was basically his admission of surrender. Dessler was right.

"Watts Up With That"...

Now THAT is a scholarly link........ :auiqs.jpg:

Now that was an awesome "scholarly" rebuttal.....

Did you accidentally flush it down the toilet?

It quickly becomes clear that warmist/alarmists are no longer able to make an argument over the content of articles which required rational thinking something most warmists/alarmists are unaccustomed to.

Lets, see what they miss because of their stupid bigotry:

The NCA added this, bold mine.

Since the mid-1960s, there has been only a very slight increase in the warmest daily temperature of the year (amidst large interannual variability). Heat waves (6-day periods with a maximum temperature above the 90th percentile for 1961–1990) increased in frequency until the mid-1930s, became considerably less common through the mid-1960s, and increased in frequency again thereafter (Figure 6.4). As with warm daily temperatures, heat wave magnitude reached a maximum in the 1930s. The frequency of intense heat waves (4-day, 1-in-5 year events) has generally increased since the 1960s in most regions except the Midwest and the Great Plains. , Since the early 1980s (Figure 6.4), there is suggestive evidence of a slight increase in the intensity of heat waves nationwide as well as an increase in the concurrence of droughts and heat waves.
This 2017 NCA report clearly supports the EPA chart, and contradicts Dessler’s viewpoints of heat waves being worse in the present, and that the 1930’s heat wave spike was a result of some “cherry picking” of data.

===

From the this you didn't read because you are a source bigot:

The U.S. National Weather Service says:

the summer of 1936 featured the most widespread and destructive heat wave to occur in the Americas in centuries.

By now you must be near fainting thus will stop here.

"Watts Up With That"...

Now THAT is a scholarly link........ :auiqs.jpg:
Do you know that most of America's major meteorologists and atmospheric physicists provide content and input in the comments? IF you only knew who posted there. It's this kind of ignorance that is stunning. If you do not have intelligent input or facts to discuss, be quiet and read.. You might just learn something. (If you understand the science of the subject matter) The likes of Astrophysicists like Wille Soon or Dr Lief Salvagard... When they post, they usually have very informative information.

Do you know that most of America's major meteorologists and atmospheric physicists provide content and input in the comments? IF you only knew who posted there. It's this kind of ignorance that is stunning. If you do not have intelligent input or facts to discuss, be quiet and read.. You might just learn something. (If you understand the science of the subject matter) The likes of Astrophysicists like Wille Soon or Dr Lief Salvagard... When they post, they usually have very informative information.

I should know as I am a Moderator there who know some of them are retired scientists commenting regularly.

His prejudice is his prison.
Yea, climate change is a hoax, and the crackpot Watts is part of the 3% of climate scientists who is not in on the worldwide scam.

Like I need a scientist to tell me the earth continues to get warmer every year, I have seen the changes with my own two eyes, and I don't think they are lying.

I know the climate scientists are right, and I know that Watts job is to spread disinformation and doubt. I don't know his motives, and I don't care.

Yea, climate change is a hoax, and the crackpot Watts is part of the 3% of climate scientists who is not in on the worldwide scam.

Like I need a scientist to tell me the earth continues to get warmer every year, I have seen the changes with my own two eyes, and I don't think they are lying.

I know the climate scientists are right, and I know that Watts job is to spread disinformation and doubt. I don't know his motives, and I don't care.

Here is the proof of a warmist/alarmist clod who proudly displays his science illiteracy openly because he is too ignorant and lazy to discuss anything.

You are indeed a person who is destroyed by prejudice.

o_O

You have your lies crossed. It is the AGW zealots that are in the minority. Less than 3%. Legates Et Al proved that by looking at all the papers being submitted. Not just the 77 that agreed with what they wanted out of 11,944 papers.

legates et al.PNG

You are an idiot. My training and experience allow me to see through the lies you folks are putting up.
LOL….

You're a retired cop, and you believe in every conspiracy theory that you've ever heard. Furthermore, you are scientifically illiterate and know nothing about climate change.

You actually posted a graphic that said 99.7% of climate change papers (out of over 11,000) said that climate change is not influenced by mankind.

You are a special kind of stupid.

LOL….

You're a retired cop, and you believe in every conspiracy theory that you've ever heard. Furthermore, you are scientifically illiterate and know nothing about climate change.

You actually posted a graphic that said 99.7% of climate change papers (out of over 11,000) said that climate change is not influenced by mankind.

I am also an atmospheric physicist. But you ignore that... I am weeks away from my doctoral degree. You really want to play this game?

LOL….

As usual this warmist/alarmist gook can't get beyond the consensus bullshit since that means they have to know something about the topic.

I KNOW that you have no idea what the AGW hypothesis is which you will prove me right in your next empty reply.

As usual this warmist/alarmist gook can't get beyond the consensus bullshit since that means they have to know something about the topic.

I KNOW that you have no idea what the AGW hypothesis is which you will prove me right in your next empty reply.
Didn't you say you are a moderator at some website or forum for "Watt's Up with That", one of the preeminent climate change disinformation websites?

Forum List

Back