U.S. Heat Waves: Dessler Continues to Step In It

I see that a warmist/alarmist gook is stuck on consensus and empty replies doesn't address post one at all.

Post one article remains unchallenged.

Says the guy who just pushed a butthurt personal attack on one man as a way of avoiding the actual science. Business as usual.

Watts started out by not addressing Dessler, and then resorted to the usual "ALL ADJUSTMENTS ARE FRAUD" conspiracy theory.

That was basically his admission of surrender. Dessler was right.

Another thread avoidance by warmist/alarmists who are in steep gloom of no terrible weather news to scream about.

Post one article remains unchallenged.

Like I need a scientist to tell me the earth continues to get warmer every year, I have seen the changes with my own two eyes, and I don't think they are lying.

Climatology is the study of weather averages ... and these are averages calculated over 100 years, minimum ... but I'll bite ...

Pray tell ... what changes have you seen with your two little eyes over these past hundreds of years? ... I understand temperatures are up a single degree, but that's not a thing you can see with your eyes ... we need sophisticated scientific instrumentation to detect that change ...

What was your climate before ... and what climate has it changed into ... that you've seen with your eyes ...

Climatology is the study of weather averages ... and these are averages calculated over 100 years, minimum ... but I'll bite ...

Pray tell ... what changes have you seen with your two little eyes over these past hundreds of years? ... I understand temperatures are up a single degree, but that's not a thing you can see with your eyes ... we need sophisticated scientific instrumentation to detect that change ...

What was your climate before ... and what climate has it changed into ... that you've seen with your eyes ...
Wut?

Why have you chosen to live in an alternate reality?
The alternate reality is the earth is headed for a super-greenhouse state. The reality is earth has been in an ice age for 3 million years.

It's your story, bro.
It's a fact.

abu afuk is still an idiot.jpg

The alternate reality is the earth is headed for a super-greenhouse state. The reality is earth has been in an ice age for 3 million years.

Depends on how you define "ice age" ... we can find permanent ice at sea level that deposited 30 million years ago near the poles ... before then Greenland was a tropical grassland dotted with copse of trees ...

Depends on how you define "ice age" ... we can find permanent ice at sea level that deposited 30 million years ago near the poles ... before then Greenland was a tropical grassland dotted with copse of trees ...

The Quaternary glaciation, also known as the Pleistocene glaciation, is an alternating series of glacial and interglacial periods during the Quaternary period that began 2.58 Ma (million years ago) and is ongoing.[1][2][3] Although geologists describe the entire time period up to the present as an "ice age", in popular culture the term "ice age" is usually associated with just the most recent glacial period during the Pleistocene or the Pleistocene epoch in general.[4] Since planet Earth still has ice sheets, geologists consider the Quaternary glaciation to be ongoing, with the Earth now experiencing an interglacial period.

During the Quaternary glaciation, ice sheets appeared. During glacial periods they expanded, and during interglacial periods they contracted. Since the end of the last glacial period, the only surviving ice sheets are the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets. Other ice sheets, such as the Laurentide Ice Sheet, formed during glacial periods, had completely melted and disappeared during interglacials. The major effects of the Quaternary glaciation have been the erosion of land and the deposition of material, both over large parts of the continents; the modification of river systems; the creation of millions of lakes, including the development of pluvial lakes far from the ice margins; changes in sea level; the isostatic adjustment of the Earth's crust; flooding; and abnormal winds. The ice sheets themselves, by raising the albedo (the extent to which the radiant energy of the Sun is reflected from Earth) created significant feedback to further cool the climate. These effects have shaped entire environments on land and in the oceans, and in their associated biological communities.

Before the Quaternary glaciation, land-based ice appeared, and then disappeared, during at least four other ice ages.

The Quaternary glaciation, also known as the Pleistocene glaciation, is an alternating series of glacial and interglacial periods during the Quaternary period that began 2.58 Ma (million years ago) and is ongoing.[1][2][3] Although geologists describe the entire time period up to the present as an "ice age", in popular culture the term "ice age" is usually associated with just the most recent glacial period during the Pleistocene or the Pleistocene epoch in general.[4] Since planet Earth still has ice sheets, geologists consider the Quaternary glaciation to be ongoing, with the Earth now experiencing an interglacial period.

During the Quaternary glaciation, ice sheets appeared. During glacial periods they expanded, and during interglacial periods they contracted. Since the end of the last glacial period, the only surviving ice sheets are the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets. Other ice sheets, such as the Laurentide Ice Sheet, formed during glacial periods, had completely melted and disappeared during interglacials. The major effects of the Quaternary glaciation have been the erosion of land and the deposition of material, both over large parts of the continents; the modification of river systems; the creation of millions of lakes, including the development of pluvial lakes far from the ice margins; changes in sea level; the isostatic adjustment of the Earth's crust; flooding; and abnormal winds. The ice sheets themselves, by raising the albedo (the extent to which the radiant energy of the Sun is reflected from Earth) created significant feedback to further cool the climate. These effects have shaped entire environments on land and in the oceans, and in their associated biological communities.

Before the Quaternary glaciation, land-based ice appeared, and then disappeared, during at least four other ice ages.

"The icing of Antarctica began in the middle Eocene about 45.5 million years ago" ...

On the chart below, the Quaternary is the width of a hair on the far right, too small to even bother showing ... I think this chart better represents our current temperatures in context with what temperatures are normally ... 15 to 20ºC warmer ... and buckets and buckets of rain from the equator to the poles ... not snow, but rain ... like the inside a gardener's greenhouse ... ha ha ha ha ...

ETA: Problems linking to images at Wilipedia, the bastards ... found another BUT I DO NOT ENDORSE the scribbling some moron put on the chart ... just look at the data, ignore the comments ...

phanerozoic_climate_change_ice_ages.jpg

There's more correlation between global temperatures and the width of the Atlantic Ocean than with carbon dioxide ... just saying ...

Last edited:
"The icing of Antarctica began in the middle Eocene about 45.5 million years ago" ...

On the chart below, the Quaternary is the width of a hair on the far right, too small to even bother showing ... I think this chart better represents our current temperatures in context with what temperatures are normally ... 15 to 20ºC warmer ... and buckets and buckets of rain from the equator to the poles ... not snow, but rain ... like the inside a gardener's greenhouse ... ha ha ha ha ...

ETA: Problems linking to images at Wilipedia, the bastards ... found another BUT I DO NOT ENDORSE the scribbling some moron put on the chart ... just look at the data, ignore the comments ...

phanerozoic_climate_change_ice_ages.jpg

There's more correlation between global temperatures and the width of the Atlantic Ocean than with carbon dioxide ... just saying ...
There needs to be a dumb button. What is it that you think you are arguing?

Forum List

Back