U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

None, as they turned tail after the first bullet flew. You dont get to whine about the officers turning back the violent mob, then parade their success about as a reason the mob was not dangerous. That is so stupid it hurts.
Oh, that would be the "violent mob" that didn't hurt a single person that you claim they were there to harm? What did that group actually do other than pose for pictures and take Nancy's podium? Can you say "tempest in a teapot"?

"What did that group actually do other than pose for pictures and take Nancy's podium?"

Ah, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him fish.

Hint to Oldestyle: Watch the testimony from the 4 officers before the Select Committee.
And they are only 4.
There were about 140 who were injured. Shoulda had them testify. No?

Blue LIves Matter......but not very much to poor Oldestyle.

Well, if that little electronic chip will help me get better WiFi reception in my barn......I'm all for it. Where do I sign up?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, just because I'm in a light mood this afternoon, I tried to count the mokes in that line of guys who were so fearful of being replaced by Jews. I think I got to about 155. It gets difficult the farther you go back.....so at one point I just counted the lit tiki-torches.

So, if we believe with the poster "Oldestyle" his imagined "few dozen".....would include more than a dozen dozen.
But if we believe the poster Faun.....well, he seems to be closing in on that 'hundreds' number.
And if that shot didn't get all of 'em......then poster Faun should be the clear winner.

Just sayin'.
giphy.gif

Ah, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him fish.

Hint to Oldestyle: Watch the testimony from the 4 officers before the Select Committee.
And they are only 4.
There were about 140 who were injured. Shoulda had them testify. No?

Blue LIves Matter......but not very much to poor Oldestyle.
Seems like every single Capital Police officer on that day was "injured" doesn't it, Chillicothe! Come on dude, civil servants use an incident like this one as a "get out of jail free card"! Nobody wants to be a cop these days...this is the perfect opportunity for anyone who wants to retire early on full disability to claim that they've been physically and mentally "scarred" by the events of that day!

Blue Lives DO matter to me. I'm from a family of Firefighters and most of my Dad's friends were either Firefighters or Police Officers. I watched the testimony. Much of it had me rolling my eyes.

Seems like every single Capital Police officer on that day was "injured" doesn't it, Chillicothe! Come on dude, civil servants use an incident like this one as a "get out of jail free card"! Nobody wants to be a cop these days...this is the perfect opportunity for anyone who wants to retire early on full disability to claim that they've been physically and mentally "scarred" by the events of that day!

Blue Lives DO matter to me. I'm from a family of Firefighters and most of my Dad's friends were either Firefighters or Police Officers. I watched the testimony. Much of it had me rolling my eyes.
Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy said this better than I ever could...

Oh, that would be the "violent mob" that didn't hurt a single person that you claim they were there to harm?
They hurt plenty of people. And they didnt get to hurt congresspeople because they turned tail after the officer shot their pointwoman.

You trying to use the success of this tragic killing in stopping the violent mob as an argument that they were not violent is just so incredibly dumb.

Does anybody know ---- did the Commander in Chief at the time, the lands first officer of law enforcement, Don Trump, well, did Don Trump reach out to any of these officers....or any of those officers at the Capitol that infamous day.......did any of 'em get a call from Trump. An 'attaboy'? A gesture of empathy for their injuries? A thank-you for your service?

If he has reached out.....well, I haven't heard about it.
Have you?

Does anybody know ---- did the Commander in Chief at the time, the lands first officer of law enforcement, Don Trump, well, did Don Trump reach out to any of these officers....or any of those officers at the Capitol that infamous day.......did any of 'em get a call from Trump. An 'attaboy'? A gesture of empathy for their injuries? A thank-you for your service?

If he has reached out.....well, I haven't heard about it.
Have you?
No. The orange pussy called them pussies.

To answer my own question, we note what Business Insider reported today:

"Trump privately called the officers who defended the Capitol on January 6 'pussies,' report says
Former President Donald Trump has in private conversations been calling some of the police officers who defended the Capitol on January 6 "pussies,"

More than 200 officers with the US Capitol Police and Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police Department were injured as a result of clashes with pro-Trump supporters on January 6, police and union officials have said.

In the months since the insurrection, multiple officers have recounted their horror and accused Trump of lying about the nature of the riot."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there is that.

They hurt plenty of people. And they didnt get to hurt congresspeople because they turned tail after the officer shot their pointwoman.

You trying to use the success of this tragic killing in stopping the violent mob as an argument that they were not violent is just so incredibly dumb.
The fact that you view the shooting of an unarmed protester at point blank range a "success" tells me volumes about you, Fort! The fact that it came to that simply underscores what a complete failure security by the Capital Police was that day.

You base your contention that those protesters were there to hurt members of Congress on what exactly? All of the conservative protests that have turned violent in the past? Oh, wait...the right's protests almost NEVER turn violent...that's something that just happens with the left's protests! Let me guess...you think that Mike Pence was really in danger of getting lynched? Aren't you the naive one...

The fact that you view the shooting of an unarmed protester at point blank range a "success" tells me volumes about you, Fort!
That's not what I said, ya little weasel. I said the officer was successful in turning away the mob. I don't even need to argue that the ends justified the means. he would have been just as justified, had they not turned back, and had he picked off 10 of them. And even just the one was tragic. I blame trump and the Big Lie for her death more than I ever would an officer in the Capitol doing exactly what he was supposed to do.

You are the only one of us two who is dancing on her grave, and you are doing it for partisan political points. Gross

To answer my own question, we note what Business Insider reported today:

"Trump privately called the officers who defended the Capitol on January 6 'pussies,' report says
Former President Donald Trump has in private conversations been calling some of the police officers who defended the Capitol on January 6 "pussies,"

More than 200 officers with the US Capitol Police and Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police Department were injured as a result of clashes with pro-Trump supporters on January 6, police and union officials have said.

In the months since the insurrection, multiple officers have recounted their horror and accused Trump of lying about the nature of the riot."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there is that.
First of all "Business Insider" is a liberally bias publication so I'm going to take whatever they say with a very large grain of salt! So now it's up to 200 officers injured...up from 140? Boy they just keep dropping like flies and it's been six months since the riot! Must be a slow developing injury...
(eye roll)

That's not what I said, ya little weasel. I said the officer was successful in turning away the mob. I don't even need to argue that the ends justified the means. he would have been just as justified, had they not turned back, and had he picked off 10 of them. And even just the one was tragic.

You are the only one of us two who is dancing on her grave, and you are doing it for partisan political points. Gross
Gee, do you think it might have been a more prudent step to use pepper spray on someone trying to force their way through a window or a door? Or to hit them with a baton? Why do you think this particular Police Officer felt the need to aim his weapon at an unarmed woman's head and pull the trigger?

Gee, do you think it might have been a more prudent step to use pepper spray on someone trying to force their way through a window or a door?
With no gas mask, in a hallway, and an angry mob about to breach the hall way to the chamber where the congress members were sheltering in place? No, no I don't think that's a better idea.

I just don't think you understand who that man was and what his job is. Like, the one thing he is paid to do and has trained for. The underlying agreement he has made in taking his job: He will kill and die to protect the congresspeople. You and I literally paid him to do the job of shooting her.

Yes, 140 capitol police + 65 DC police = 205 officers. You took that 'grain of salt' and put it where your brain should be, which you should use to read the article before commenting on it.
I read the article and it told me exactly what I thought it would. Business Insider is STILL trying to make it seem like the Police Officer who died...died because of injuries he sustained in the riot and his autopsy made it quite clear that had nothing to do with it. They even went so far as infer that blame for the suicide deaths of two other officers since Jan. 6th rests on the rioters.

With no gas mask, in a hallway, and an angry mob about to breach the hall way to the chamber where the congress members were sheltering in place? No, no I don't think that's a better idea.

I just don't think you understand who that man was and what his job is. Like, the one thing he is paid to do and has trained for. The underlying agreement he has made in taking his job: He will kill and die to protect the congresspeople. You and I literally paid him to do the job of shooting her.
Ah, Fort? Police use pepper spray without having a gas mask on all the time. You think the Capital Police are trained to die to protect our politicians? You're a funny guy...

Forum List

Back