Is hate a crime?

donttread

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2008
The arrest of three men in the Aubrey death in Georgia has got me thinking about "hate crimes" again. I think those men over stepped the bounds of citizen's arrest and are liable for the young man's death. Liable in Georgia that is. But now they have been arressed on federal hate crimes.
Personally I do not believe hate is a crime. We've all hated someone at some point even if only breifly. Hate is ugly but it is not an action, it's a thought. Are hate crime laws the begining of the thought polioce Orwell warned us about? IMO if someone punches me in the nose for no reason the punch is the crime. The reason for the punch is merely motive although it can play into sentencing for the action of punching me.
So it's the same crime whether he hit me because I an an old, straight, conservative white fella or because I had injured him in a DUI accident the previous year.. Same crime probably different sentences sentences.

Do you agree or disagree? And why? also what about the long term down side of thought being illegal?

1619732676549.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

The arrest of three men in the Aubrey death in Georgia has got me thinking about "hate crimes" again. I think those men over stepped the bounds of citizen's arrest and are liable for the young man's death. Liable in Georgia that is. But now they have been arressed on federal hate crimes.
Personally I do not believe hate is a crime. We've all hated someone at some point even if only breifly. Hate is ugly but it is not an action, it's a thought. Are hate crime laws the begining of the thought polioce Orwell warned us about? IMO if someone punches me in the nose for no reason the punch is the crime. The reason for the punch is merely motive although it can play into sentencing for the action of punching me.
So it's the same crime whether he hit me because I an an old, straight, conservative white fella or because I had injured him in a DUI accident the previous year.. Same crime probably different sentences sentences.

Do you agree or disagree? And why? also what about the long term down side of thought being illegal?
Totally agree, we already have laws on the books. Makes no difference the reason for the crime.

Hating is not a crime but it can be used as an aggravating factor to enhance the sentence for a particularly heinous racially motivated crime. Why do some people not understand this? The motivation for committing a crime is often used at sentencing and no one seems to have a problem with that until white people finally started going down hard for racist attacks.

since hates a matter of perspective , a hate crime only exists in a fascist country by fascist,, and only applies if youre not part of the in crowd,,

example of this is all the white people killed by blacks because they are white and no one is every prosecuted for a hate crime,, same could be said about the latest attacks on asians by blacks too,,

Hating something is not a crime. I hate beets. I hate people who use the word "irregardless". :)
These three men..took it upon themselves to stop and harass a black man at gunpoint...who was just jogging.. and they did it for no apparent reason..other than he was black jogging through a lily white neighborhood.

Hating is not a crime but it can be used as an aggravating factor to enhance the sentence for a particularly heinous racially motivated crime. Why do some people not understand this? The motivation for committing a crime is often used at sentencing and no one seems to have a problem with that until white people finally started going down hard for racist attacks.

Motivation is not a factor in sentencing. Only intent, which can be established irrespective of motivation or motive.

Hate is not a crime. There is no law of man that says you have to love everyone equally.

1. BLM supporter from Seattle charged with anti-Asian hate crime
    nypost.com › 2021/04/14 › blm-supporter-from-seattle
    A Black Lives Matter activist from Seattle has been arrested — for an alleged anti-Asian hate crime, according to reports. Christopher Hamner, 51, who is black, was charged with allegedly att…
  2. (UPDATED) Minorities are charged in more hate crime attacks ...
    sharylattkisson.com › 2021 › 04
    A new arrest in a five-month-old hate crime against an Asian couple in Washington State makes the fifth time in a week an African-American male has been implicated in possible hate crimes. Police say a 15-year old African-American teenager is charged with second-degree assault in Tacoma.
  3. National media buries two violent hate crimes against white ...
    www.bizpacreview.com › 2020/08/29 › national-media
    Two Black Lives Matter-linked hate crimes involving black suspects and white victims occurred this past Tuesday, but chances are you’ll never hear about them from ABC News, CBS News, NBC News ...
  4. Hate Crime Statistics | HATECRIMES | Department of Justice
    www.justice.gov › hatecrimes › hate-crime-statistics
    Offenses by Crime Category: Known Offenders: Location Type: Among the 8,552 hate crime offenses reported: Crimes against persons: 64.4%; Crimes against property: 32.8%; Crimes against society: 2.8%; Of the 6,406 known offenders: 52.5% were White; 23.9% were Black or African American; 14.6% race unknown; Other races accounted for the remaining known offenders.
  5. Black Man Charged with Hate Crime | Afro
    afro.com › black-man-charged-with-hate-crime
    A Black Pennsylvania man has been charged with beating and throwing another man onto a train track in a racially motivated attack, according to Port Authority of Allegheny County police.
  6. A Blow to the Hate Crimes Myth - American Renaissance
    www.amren.com › 2020 › 06
    Our report, The Color of Crime, found that blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit hate crimes against whites (including Hispanics) than the reverse. A recent report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), “Hate Crimes Reported by Victims and Police,” finds that hate crime perpetrators are even more lopsidedly black.
  1. 12345
    Next156,000,000 results

Only a white person can commit a hate crime. :eusa_whistle:

Hate is not a crime. There is no law of man that says you have to love everyone equally.

There are laws that can send you to prison for a very long time for doing the kind of things the Klan used to do without fear of prosecution. Do you have a problem with that? There would not even be federal hate crime laws if local jurisdictions could be counted on to punish the assholes who all too often turn out to be "respectable" and connected.

There are laws that can send you to prison for a very long time for doing the kind of things the Klan used to do without fear of prosecution. Do you have a problem with that? There would not even be federal hate crime laws if local jurisdictions could be counted on to punish the assholes who all too often turn out to be "respectable" and connected.
Do you have aproblem with that? Well ya. I know I'm supposed to be terrrified that you will call me racist but I'm not. I'm not racist but I have long ago desided not to be intimidated by the "r" word. These laws have also been used as a form of double jeporady which I do not agree with. I think these laws go well beyond the "klan" and that our modern local courts are far better than they were then. But if they weren't new laws and DJ are not the correct way to handle courts not doing their jobs. You have to look at the impkluications. Like the Unpatriot Act to nail horrible terrorist being used against domestic robbers etc. It always starts with a tear jerker case but it's where it can go that scares me. hate is not an actiojn it is a thought and what's next? A law aginst conservative ideaology? Or critizing the regime? I assure you this is a slippery slope.

Do you have aproblem with that? Well ya. I know I'm supposed to be terrrified that you will call me racist but I'm not. I'm not racist but I have long ago desided not to be intimidated by the "r" word. These laws have also been used as a form of double jeporady which I do not agree with. I think these laws go well beyond the "klan" and that our modern local courts are far better than they were then. But if they weren't new laws and DJ are not the correct way to handle courts not doing their jobs. You have to look at the impkluications. Like the Unpatriot Act to nail horrible terrorist being used against domestic robbers etc. It always starts with a tear jerker case but it's where it can go that scares me. hate is not an actiojn it is a thought and what's next? A law aginst conservative ideaology? Or critizing the regime? I assure you this is a slippery slope.
I don't know if you are a racist or not, I don't really care. In the world we live in three guys still have every chance of getting acquitted for murdering a black man in middle of the street were it left entirely up to local authorities.

Forum List

Back