U find armed intruders in your home... 'Castle doctrine' legislation in your State

Homeowner shoots, kills 2 burglars with AK-47

So this is not an uncommon scenario, unfortunately. The little detail that stands out is that the homeowner was arriving from outside the home prior to entering and killing both intruders.

In the small state of NH I interact quite a bit with my legislators on policy and legislation & as a citizen, property owner I believe my natural rights are being suppressed (given our State motto and all). In NH I literally have to attempt back flips trying to get away from an armed intruder prior to shooting them. 'Stand your Ground' or 'Castle Doctrine' is a contentious topic because of instances such as this where the homeowner was in no danger leading up to their purposeful interdiction.

It leaves even myself questioning my views on the issue as I attempt to twist my representative's arms. If we were to create the ideal 'doctrine' what would the nuances entail... balancing our natural & constitutional rights within the constraints of "humanity"?

Also should I be limited to to 10 or 15 rounds as is the National trend these days? Constitutionally why... "common sense" reasons not welcome as like an a-hole everyone has their own "sense"
'Castle doctrine' doesn’t require home invaders to be armed, or to otherwise threaten the homeowner before the homeowner is authorized to use deadly force – the homeowner is not required to justify ‘self-defense’ when deadly force is used.

That the home invaders are in the home unlawfully alone justifies the use of deadly force.

Home invaders are a threat by definition. Invading my home IS threatening.
Correct.

The theory holds that the intent of home invaders is to harm the homeowner and other occupants, justifying the use of deadly force.

AZ here. Just because someone is armed, even on my property, I can't just up and shoot them. There must be a threat, or a percieved threat to life. Its cut and dry if the trespassor aims his weapon at you.

You're in Arizona, one of the most gun-friendly states in the union.
You have an armed intruder carrying a gun.

If that is not a threat, I don't know what is. It is a threat to every cop that kills a suspect just because he is armed. They do not wait or ask for you to aim it at anybody. When the police arrive to pick up the body, you just tell them he aimed it at you and you felt threatened.

All that is true, yet without witnesses to the event, if you do this you will likely still be arrested and charged until cleared by a court. What I can tell you about shooting intruders is nothing about it is pleasant. It is not something to be taken lightly.

I sure am glad I live in California. We do not have armed intruders here. That being said if someone wants to invade my house they are welcome. There is nothing here for them to take other than food or a sofa, maybe an extra pair of work boots.

I shouldn't tell you this but.....

under your work boots is where you will find your welfare checks

Not worth getting killed over

You are as likely to get shot as the intruder
Lol
What are you some type of dumbass?

The guy breaking in is more likely to kill you
Lol
Not knowing the layout of the house, I don’t think so...
You’re fucking retarded

Let’s see

Rustic......Bad Guy
Rustic....Bad Guy

My money has gotta go on the Bad Guy

You are better off running away

Liberals do seem to be quite good at that.

If someone has made it into my home and they are armed, force will be met with force. One of us will leave my home in a bodybag. But I sure as hell won't be put in one from being shot in the back.

Run if you're a coward, fight like a man.

The attitude of a dead man
Is your “stuff” worth it?

I sure am glad I live in California. We do not have armed intruders here. That being said if someone wants to invade my house they are welcome. There is nothing here for them to take other than food or a sofa, maybe an extra pair of work boots.

I shouldn't tell you this but.....

under your work boots is where you will find your welfare checks
I do not get welfare as I have a job unlike you.

The theory holds that the intent of home invaders is to harm the homeowner and other occupants, justifying the use of deadly force.

Does this or similar wording exist in every state that has castle doctrine protection?
Sadly, No... same reason why these 'progressive' cerebrals believe that the Po - Po is the end and be all of ubiquitous personal safety outside of your home and within the sanctity of your own home... I mean, what are the chances that they show up an instant after it's too late...

What's your address and you are full of shit...……...
PM me and find out!!!

AZ here. Just because someone is armed, even on my property, I can't just up and shoot them. There must be a threat, or a percieved threat to life. Its cut and dry if the trespassor aims his weapon at you.

If that is not a threat, I don't know what is. It is a threat to every cop that kills a suspect just because he is armed. They do not wait or ask for you to aim it at anybody. When the police arrive to pick up the body, you just tell them he aimed it at you and you felt threatened.

We're right next to you in Cali, but it's much different here. If I shoot two intruders in the house, then the police will likely charge me with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery and/or assault with a deadly weapon. Then I hire an expensive lawyer to defend my Castle rights using the I was acting in self-defense argument. That's standing your ground in Cali.

ETA: Probably shooting a 9 mm isn't a bad idea when defending your castle in Cali. That way, you're not out powering the intruders and have a better chance at self-defense standing my ground to work.
Where is this cali people talk about?

Does this or similar wording exist in every state that has castle doctrine protection?
The theory of the law is the same but it's applyed differently in different states.

In Florida, for example, the doctrine also applies to the property around your home or apartment complex; the doctrine applies to one's car.

Castle doctrine doesn't apply to one's car in Colorado, as an Uber driver in that state recently found out.

We're right next to you in Cali, but it's much different here. If I shoot two intruders in the house, then the police will likely charge me with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery and/or assault with a deadly weapon. Then I hire an expensive lawyer to defend my Castle rights using the I was acting in self-defense argument. That's standing your ground in Cali.

ETA: Probably shooting a 9 mm isn't a bad idea when defending your castle in Cali. That way, you're not out powering the intruders and have a better chance at self-defense standing my ground to work.
Where is this cali people talk about?

Anywhere Jerry is gov. Aren't the one ready to give up your boots? Avoids the hassle of hiring an expensive lawyer and posting bail.

The theory of the law is the same but it's applyed differently in different states.

In Florida, for example, the doctrine also applies to the property around your home or apartment complex; the doctrine applies to one's car.

Castle doctrine doesn't apply to one's car in Colorado, as an Uber driver in that state recently found out.
? Stand your ground... or not that either.

Home owners should be required to shoot all armed people who break into their house. Shooting unarmed house breakers should be optional.

Home owners should be required to shoot all armed people who break into their house. Shooting unarmed house breakers should be optional.
Not a far cry from Switzerland where every household is required to have a rifle, I believe... then again, I guess it still is a far cry from mandatory shooting, lets call it a good first step.. lol

CE2BAD35-9BA5-4BE0-BB89-92CC88C7267A.jpeg

Louisiana has both castle and stand-your-ground laws. Obviously, you may defend your home with deadly force under our castle doctrine. You may defend your car under stand-your-ground. We have NO duty to retreat in ANY place we have the right to be, even public spaces or the neighbor's house you are watching while they are away.

• Any person "who is in a place where he or she has a right," including a public space, does not have an obligation "to retreat" if faced with a real or perceived threat and "may stand his or her ground and meet force with force."
  • During criminal court proceedings, a judge or jury can't consider the "possibility of retreat" as a factor in determining whether someone lawfully used force in self-defense.
  • No one acting in self-defense under these laws can be civilly prosecuted for the use of force, deadly or otherwise.
The 'oll addage' in my state is if you shoot them on the front porch... drag em on in the house.
Alabama here and they are dead as door nails.

If you find armed intruders in your house, your best option is to leave
If you’re a coward...

Lol

No,no....more likely to kill YOU.
Personally i'll fill you with so much lead you'll be able to use your dick as a pencil.

If you find armed intruders in your house, your best option is to leave
If you’re a coward...

Lol

No,no....more likely to kill YOU.
Personally i'll fill you with so much lead you'll be able to use your dick as a pencil.
And how long has it been since y'all have been able to actually see your dicks? Just kidding fellas... this post has deteriorated for sure from my objective is all...

Forum List

Back