U find armed intruders in your home... 'Castle doctrine' legislation in your State

Louisiana has both castle and stand-your-ground laws. Obviously, you may defend your home with deadly force under our castle doctrine. You may defend your car under stand-your-ground. We have NO duty to retreat in ANY place we have the right to be, even public spaces or the neighbor's house you are watching while they are away.

• Any person "who is in a place where he or she has a right," including a public space, does not have an obligation "to retreat" if faced with a real or perceived threat and "may stand his or her ground and meet force with force."
  • During criminal court proceedings, a judge or jury can't consider the "possibility of retreat" as a factor in determining whether someone lawfully used force in self-defense.
  • No one acting in self-defense under these laws can be civilly prosecuted for the use of force, deadly or otherwise.
The 'oll addage' in my state is if you shoot them on the front porch... drag em on in the house.

Louisiana has both castle and stand-your-ground laws. Obviously, you may defend your home with deadly force under our castle doctrine. You may defend your car under stand-your-ground. We have NO duty to retreat in ANY place we have the right to be, even public spaces or the neighbor's house you are watching while they are away.

• Any person "who is in a place where he or she has a right," including a public space, does not have an obligation "to retreat" if faced with a real or perceived threat and "may stand his or her ground and meet force with force."
  • During criminal court proceedings, a judge or jury can't consider the "possibility of retreat" as a factor in determining whether someone lawfully used force in self-defense.
  • No one acting in self-defense under these laws can be civilly prosecuted for the use of force, deadly or otherwise.
The 'oll addage' in my state is if you shoot them on the front porch... drag em on in the house.

Dont forget the bleach for the blood....

Homeowner shoots, kills 2 burglars with AK-47

So this is not an uncommon scenario, unfortunately. The little detail that stands out is that the homeowner was arriving from outside the home prior to entering and killing both intruders.

In the small state of NH I interact quite a bit with my legislators on policy and legislation & as a citizen, property owner I believe my natural rights are being suppressed (given our State motto and all). In NH I literally have to attempt back flips trying to get away from an armed intruder prior to shooting them. 'Stand your Ground' or 'Castle Doctrine' is a contentious topic because of instances such as this where the homeowner was in no danger leading up to their purposeful interdiction.

It leaves even myself questioning my views on the issue as I attempt to twist my representative's arms. If we were to create the ideal 'doctrine' what would the nuances entail... balancing our natural & constitutional rights within the constraints of "humanity"?

Also should I be limited to to 10 or 15 rounds as is the National trend these days? Constitutionally why... "common sense" reasons not welcome as like an a-hole everyone has their own "sense"
Every State is different on this issue.

Every state is different on this issue too.

In my state you can shoot through your door to protect yourself from a violent entry.

Bullet size .45 caliber.
You lose. For apparently nothing.
Very few would have a firearm of that caliber if any. Most would be 9 mil or smaller. Besides why would you shoot your host?

Because i want to steal your shit without you interfering.
And who the hell told you that .45 calibers were rare?
Most crime is not comited with a 45 acp. It is mostly done with easier to handle 9 mil or smaller.

Only because they are easily available in the ghetto.
I prefer to out gun my opponents. I'll put my 16 rounds of .45 against a 9 any day.
Brings up a great question (last portion of my OP). How do you respond to those that would tell you that you can only have 15 or 10 of those fatties in your magazine? Do you make a distinction between natural rights, Constitutional rights and Why?
I would say that if you have a flintlock rifle you can shoot as fast as you can load. Now with cartridges if you need more than 4 or 5 get a body guard.

Very few would have a firearm of that caliber if any. Most would be 9 mil or smaller. Besides why would you shoot your host?

Most crime is not comited with a 45 acp. It is mostly done with easier to handle 9 mil or smaller.

I prefer to out gun my opponents. I'll put my 16 rounds of .45 against a 9 any day.
Brings up a great question (last portion of my OP). How do you respond to those that would tell you that you can only have 15 or 10 of those fatties in your magazine? Do you make a distinction between natural rights, Constitutional rights and Why?
I would say that if you have a flintlock rifle you can shot as fast as you can load. Now with cartridges if you need more than 4 or 5 get a body guard.
Well you are probably quite proficient with all sorts of arms aren't you big guy... This Georgia mom had a 6 shot revolver and probably that 6th round was a bit overkill... don't ya say...

Georgia Mom Shoots Home Invader, Hides With Kids

I would say that if you have a flintlock rifle you can shoot as fast as you can load. Now with cartridges if you need more than 4 or 5 get a body guard.

Body guards are for the rich.

I sure am glad I live in California. We do not have armed intruders here. That being said if someone wants to invade my house they are welcome. There is nothing here for them to take other than food or a sofa, maybe an extra pair of work boots.
...And everything stinks because hippies don’t take showers

If you find armed intruders in your house, your best option is to leave

rou

Seriously, I think this is a hugely important issue. How many rounds should you be allowed to have in an "external feeding device" aka mag.
- lets remember the common citizenry as a whole is the 'militia' (another issue another time... not really though)
- hunting... yes limits are great, gov. knock yourself out on that one
- self defense... NOW here is where it gets dicey. Lets say you are a f'n pro and can shoot a fist fool of pennies out of the air but I on the other hand am not exactly close to your level of expertice... frankly, I'm safe with my pistol but have to exert the slide back, make a deliberate slide catch pause, and don't get my mags seated the first time usually because you have to bang them in so hard, have to use both thumbs to release the slide... etc. etc. O, and I usually take a full second to get back on target after ea. shot...

So x 3 methed out teenagers come crashing through the porch window with a bat a gun and a knife and start rushing toward the french door.

How many rounds are you going to require and how many am I ??? Does the Gov. have the right to dictate this kind of shit anyway?

Last edited:
How many rounds should you be allowed to have in

"Allowed"? Allowed by who? It's none of anyone's business. I'm not asking permission. I don't need permission. You get permission to exercise a privilege. None is needed to exercise a right. A right that shall not be infringed.

"Allowed"? Allowed by who? It's none of anyone's business. I'm not asking permission. I don't need permission. You get permission to exercise a privilege. None is needed to exercise a right. A right that shall not be infringed.
Take your head out of your ass... guffaw all you want. eventually you will get nabed for flaunting your "illegal" magazine capacity firearm

What state are you from? The Nanny state in some cases places limits...

I sure am glad I live in California. We do not have armed intruders here. That being said if someone wants to invade my house they are welcome. There is nothing here for them to take other than food or a sofa, maybe an extra pair of work boots.

What's your address and you are full of shit...……...

It seems to me that the 'sheeple' that have a couple guns etc. don't know what the hell their legislators are up to eroding State gun rights one trickle at a time...

If you find armed intruders in your house, your best option is to leave
If you’re a coward...

Not worth getting killed over

You are as likely to get shot as the intruder
Lol
What are you some type of dumbass?

The guy breaking in is more likely to kill you
Lol
Not knowing the layout of the house, I don’t think so...
You’re fucking retarded

Forum List

Back