U find armed intruders in your home... 'Castle doctrine' legislation in your State

Sahba

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2018
VT & NH
Homeowner shoots, kills 2 burglars with AK-47

So this is not an uncommon scenario, unfortunately. The little detail that stands out is that the homeowner was arriving from outside the home prior to entering and killing both intruders.

In the small state of NH I interact quite a bit with my legislators on policy and legislation & as a citizen, property owner I believe my natural rights are being suppressed (given our State motto and all). In NH I literally have to attempt back flips trying to get away from an armed intruder prior to shooting them. 'Stand your Ground' or 'Castle Doctrine' is a contentious topic because of instances such as this where the homeowner was in no danger leading up to their purposeful interdiction.

It leaves even myself questioning my views on the issue as I attempt to twist my representative's arms. If we were to create the ideal 'doctrine' what would the nuances entail... balancing our natural & constitutional rights within the constraints of "humanity"?

Also should I be limited to to 10 or 15 rounds as is the National trend these days? Constitutionally why... "common sense" reasons not welcome as like an a-hole everyone has their own "sense"

Last edited:
There is no duty to retreat in Virginia, where I live.

Besides, if I find an intruder in my house my puppies will have already eaten his buttocks and he will be quite docile as he begs for an ambulance.

:113:

It's my house. I can enter at will. The law still applies.

I sure am glad I live in California. We do not have armed intruders here. That being said if someone wants to invade my house they are welcome. There is nothing here for them to take other than food or a sofa, maybe an extra pair of work boots.

You cannot shoot to defend property in most cases. There must be a a threat to your life.

U find armed intruders in your home...
And I figure out how I can rob them since there is nothing of value in my house.

I sure am glad I live in California. We do not have armed intruders here. That being said if someone wants to invade my house they are welcome. There is nothing here for them to take other than food or a sofa, maybe an extra pair of work boots.

Surely you're joking.
Nope! Boots are a size 16eee. That gives an idea of the size man they will have to deal with. As for the rest yes feel free to take what you need.

armed robbery in cali is above the national average.

Surely you're joking.
Nope! Boots are a size 16eee. That gives an idea of the size man they will have to deal with. As for the rest yes feel free to take what you need.

Bullet size .45 caliber.
You lose. For apparently nothing.

Where is this cali at?

Surely you're joking.

Bullet size .45 caliber.
Very few would have a firearm of that caliber if any. Most would be 9 mil or smaller. Besides why would you shoot your host?

Where is this cali at?
lol, it used to be part of the United States, back when we had 50 of them.

AZ here. Just because someone is armed, even on my property, I can't just up and shoot them. There must be a threat, or a percieved threat to life. Its cut and dry if the trespassor aims his weapon at you.

Where is this cali at?
so much gun crime in cali :/
Gun crime statistics by US state: latest data
They do not have a cali for crime?

Where is this cali at?
so much gun crime in cali :/
Gun crime statistics by US state: latest data
They do not have a cali for crime?
What?

Surely you're joking.

Bullet size .45 caliber.
Very few would have a firearm of that caliber if any. Most would be 9 mil or smaller. Besides why would you shoot your host?

Because i want to steal your shit without you interfering.
And who the hell told you that .45 calibers were rare?

Before my state passed its version of the castle doctrine and stand your ground, as a male, I was expected to escape. If cornered, I could defend myself but I'd then be sued by the thug's surviving family. I could lose everything but my house. At the same time, my wife could have (and would have. She's a crack shot), blown the intruder away without being expected to escape first. The law as it stood made no sense. It held men and women to different standards. But worse, you became fair game in civil court. That's the part that drove a change in the law.

Now, we have castle laws and stand our ground. The most important part of the new legislation is the removal of civil lawsuits in the cases of homeowners defending themselves. It was a long overdue blow to sleazy lawyers and the low life relatives of the recently departed criminal. If Miguel got ventilated trying to steal or rape, it was like winning the lottery for his family. No more.

iu

Forum List

Back