U find armed intruders in your home... 'Castle doctrine' legislation in your State

I just love a happy ending...

I am glad the thugs are dead....

If we could I say dig "um" up

and kill "em" again...….

eventually you will get nabed for flaunting your "illegal" magazine capacity firearm

There is absolutely nothing illegal about my firearms or their magazines nor will they become illegal by an legislation in my state.

And just for the board's information, I've never "flaunted" anything in my life. Sounds like something that would go on in San Francisco.

eventually you will get nabed for flaunting your "illegal" magazine capacity firearm

There is absolutely nothing illegal about my firearms or their magazines nor will they become illegal by an legislation in my state.

And just for the board's information, I've never "flaunted" anything in my life. Sounds like something that would go on in San Francisco.

My mistake... I was thinking two steps ahead in my own mind and didn't articulate very well. I spend a lot of time in VT and in a few short mo (Oct.) they are going to be going from the most, or 2nd most gun friendly state in the Nation to middling of the pack.

I hope your state bucks the trend believe me!!! without a armed citizenry we will not retain any of our other freedoms for very long. My state of NH is probably going to be going the way of the rest of the Nation before long with magazine limits. Part of the reason for this post stems from the arguments I've had with my legislators on magazine capacity.

If you find armed intruders in your house, your best option is to leave
If you’re a coward...

Not worth getting killed over

You are as likely to get shot as the intruder
Lol
What are you some type of dumbass?

The guy breaking in is more likely to kill you
Lol
Not knowing the layout of the house, I don’t think so...
You’re fucking retarded

Let’s see

Rustic......Bad Guy
Rustic....Bad Guy

My money has gotta go on the Bad Guy

You are better off running away

If you’re a coward...

Lol

Lol
You’re fucking retarded

Let’s see

Rustic......Bad Guy
Rustic....Bad Guy

Leave your sleeping children and spouse behind. Good call.

Homeowner shoots, kills 2 burglars with AK-47

So this is not an uncommon scenario, unfortunately. The little detail that stands out is that the homeowner was arriving from outside the home prior to entering and killing both intruders.

In the small state of NH I interact quite a bit with my legislators on policy and legislation & as a citizen, property owner I believe my natural rights are being suppressed (given our State motto and all). In NH I literally have to attempt back flips trying to get away from an armed intruder prior to shooting them. 'Stand your Ground' or 'Castle Doctrine' is a contentious topic because of instances such as this where the homeowner was in no danger leading up to their purposeful interdiction.

It leaves even myself questioning my views on the issue as I attempt to twist my representative's arms. If we were to create the ideal 'doctrine' what would the nuances entail... balancing our natural & constitutional rights within the constraints of "humanity"?

Also should I be limited to to 10 or 15 rounds as is the National trend these days? Constitutionally why... "common sense" reasons not welcome as like an a-hole everyone has their own "sense"

Since you know this is a risk, maybe you'll give up home invasion robberies for a career?

Lol

Lol
You’re fucking retarded

Let’s see

Rustic......Bad Guy
Rustic....Bad Guy

Leave your sleeping children and spouse behind. Good call.

Shitflingers spouse can fend for himself...

Louisiana has both castle and stand-your-ground laws. Obviously, you may defend your home with deadly force under our castle doctrine. You may defend your car under stand-your-ground. We have NO duty to retreat in ANY place we have the right to be, even public spaces or the neighbor's house you are watching while they are away.

• Any person "who is in a place where he or she has a right," including a public space, does not have an obligation "to retreat" if faced with a real or perceived threat and "may stand his or her ground and meet force with force."
  • During criminal court proceedings, a judge or jury can't consider the "possibility of retreat" as a factor in determining whether someone lawfully used force in self-defense.
  • No one acting in self-defense under these laws can be civilly prosecuted for the use of force, deadly or otherwise.

South Louisiana here as well. I love that law about our state. I don't have to retreat for any reason if I am where I lawfully belong.

If you’re a coward...

Lol

Lol
You’re fucking retarded

Let’s see

Rustic......Bad Guy
Rustic....Bad Guy

Liberals do seem to be quite good at that.

If someone has made it into my home and they are armed, force will be met with force. One of us will leave my home in a bodybag. But I sure as hell won't be put in one from being shot in the back.

Run if you're a coward, fight like a man.

For some reason, when the OP mentioned Castle doctrine, I thought this.

the-punisher-180915.jpg

Lol

Lol
You’re fucking retarded

Let’s see

Rustic......Bad Guy
Rustic....Bad Guy

Liberals do seem to be quite good at that.

If someone has made it into my home and they are armed, force will be met with force. One of us will leave my home in a bodybag. But I sure as hell won't be put in one from being shot in the back.

Run if you're a coward, fight like a man.
lol, do you have monster tires on your truck...? do you deer hunt with a .338 Lapua or larger...? are you compensating for a small package... cus a lot of you on here come across like you are.
If we're going to have a measuring contest here y'all have to bring a larger table!

If you find armed intruders in your house, your best option is to leave
If you’re a coward...

Lol

Lol
You’re fucking retarded
I frankly don't care who has the numerical edge. If I have the option, I'm note terribly anxious to roll the dice on even a ten percent chance of being killed. I can buy more stuff.

Now, if I'm cornered, or have loved ones in the house, I have short hallways and a medieval weapons collection. I feel pretty good about my chances.

AZ here. Just because someone is armed, even on my property, I can't just up and shoot them. There must be a threat, or a percieved threat to life. Its cut and dry if the trespassor aims his weapon at you.

You're in Arizona, one of the most gun-friendly states in the union.
You have an armed intruder carrying a gun.

If that is not a threat, I don't know what is. It is a threat to every cop that kills a suspect just because he is armed. They do not wait or ask for you to aim it at anybody. When the police arrive to pick up the body, you just tell them he aimed it at you and you felt threatened.

AZ here. Just because someone is armed, even on my property, I can't just up and shoot them. There must be a threat, or a percieved threat to life. Its cut and dry if the trespassor aims his weapon at you.

If that is not a threat, I don't know what is. It is a threat to every cop that kills a suspect just because he is armed. They do not wait or ask for you to aim it at anybody. When the police arrive to pick up the body, you just tell them he aimed it at you and you felt threatened.

We're right next to you in Cali, but it's much different here. If I shoot two intruders in the house, then the police will likely charge me with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery and/or assault with a deadly weapon. Then I hire an expensive lawyer to defend my Castle rights using the I was acting in self-defense argument. That's standing your ground in Cali.

ETA: Probably shooting a 9 mm isn't a bad idea when defending your castle in Cali. That way, you're not out powering the intruders and have a better chance at self-defense standing my ground to work.

Last edited:

We're right next to in Cali, but it's much different here. If I shoot two intruders in the house, then the police will likely charge me with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery and/or assault with a deadly weapon. Then I hire an expensive lawyer to defend my Castle rights using the I was acting in self-defense argument. That's standing your ground in Cali.
A little legal FYI, there's a huge upside to shooting someone with a revolver... double action only revolver and leaving your single, single/double & semi autos for other occasions. Can you figure out why?

So this is not an uncommon scenario, unfortunately. The little detail that stands out is that the homeowner was arriving from outside the home prior to entering and killing both intruders.

In the small state of NH I interact quite a bit with my legislators on policy and legislation & as a citizen, property owner I believe my natural rights are being suppressed (given our State motto and all). In NH I literally have to attempt back flips trying to get away from an armed intruder prior to shooting them. 'Stand your Ground' or 'Castle Doctrine' is a contentious topic because of instances such as this where the homeowner was in no danger leading up to their purposeful interdiction.

It leaves even myself questioning my views on the issue as I attempt to twist my representative's arms. If we were to create the ideal 'doctrine' what would the nuances entail... balancing our natural & constitutional rights within the constraints of "humanity"?

Also should I be limited to to 10 or 15 rounds as is the National trend these days? Constitutionally why... "common sense" reasons not welcome as like an a-hole everyone has their own "sense"
'Castle doctrine' doesn’t require home invaders to be armed, or to otherwise threaten the homeowner before the homeowner is authorized to use deadly force – the homeowner is not required to justify ‘self-defense’ when deadly force is used.

That the home invaders are in the home unlawfully alone justifies the use of deadly force.

'Castle doctrine' doesn’t require home invaders to be armed, or to otherwise threaten the homeowner before the homeowner is authorized to use deadly force – the homeowner is not required to justify ‘self-defense’ when deadly force is used.

That the home invaders are in the home unlawfully alone justifies the use of deadly force.

Home invaders are a threat by definition. Invading my home IS threatening.

Believe that if you want... & good luck in court if that were ever to come to pass... so next time your inlaws stop by 'invading' your home and you don't want them there any more... but damn it they just wont leave after you ask them to ... knock em off !!! Castle Doctrine BeeOtches! Ok.. slight exaggeration but you might want to look at the fine print in your state.

Next house party I throw and strangers crash it and refuse to go... them SOB's gonna get a hot lead surprise...

Forum List

Back