Two Questions for All: First, can we agree that E Pluribus Unum is dead?

The next version will not do that. The next version will have a much more sophisticated separation of government entities, and the checks and balances will work.

Smaller government usually is more reflective of local values, but a republic is NOT supposed to be just majority dictating.
The point is all individuals are supposed to have their own person free will and choices, not imposed by the majority.
So giving states power over individual values is NOT an improvement, but a drastic loss of individual freedom.
States are not supposed to impose what are essentially religious views.

Interesting piece here: America Is Growing Apart, Possibly for Good

Go ahead and point the finger at the other tribe, but can we all at least agree that the phrase E Pluribus Unum no longer applies to America?

And second question, to the Republicans: You've often mentioned here that you'd like to geographically separate from those with whom you disagree. We appear to be seeing just that, as states divide themselves by intensity of religious belief and ideological dogma. Do you feel victorious about that? Vindicated?

Bonus question: Can we agree that America is no longer "exceptional"?
That horse unity done and went and ran from the barn a few years back
200530225111-0530-night-george-floyd-protests-medium-plus-169.jpg

I disagree.
( ha ha )
The reality is that we are all humans with the same DNA evolutionary path has lead to our current species.
The problem with cultures is they often are wrong, manipulated by politics, religions, etc., so we NEED cultural diversity in order to see other cultural and religious choices, if we want to make informed decisions vs just rote conditioning.
So the differences are SUPERICIAL, artificial, and likely wrong.
If we learn our REAL identity, we would realize all humans are essentially nearly identical.
There is no way to counter harmful propaganda and cultural conditioning without multiculturalism.
So multiculturalism is essential for anyone to learn their true self.
Without it, we just live out lies we have been manipulated by.

You must be related to Kameltoe.
This makes no sense!

SCOTUS is the law of the land.

Mac hasn't grasped this simple civics lesson yet.
Dumb-dumb!!

At one time, King George III was the law of the land as well.
When the law of the land is wrong, we have to be willing to fight for change.
Individual liberty trumps everything, when it comes to arbitrary infringement on a person's life.
The SCOTUS has been wrong before, like Dredd Scott.
We had to fight a war to end that bad ruling.
We need to prepare for another one apparently?

Yes, but as I mentioned earlier, their only power would be to carry out the functions listed in the Constitution. They would not ever be creating or modifying policy, just ensuring it was carried out.,

The 14th amendment is in the constitution, so the federal government is chanrged with defending individual rights, like abortion.

At one time, King George III was the law of the land as well.
When the law of the land is wrong, we have to be willing to fight for change.
Individual liberty trumps everything, when it comes to arbitrary infringement on a person's life.
The SCOTUS has been wrong before, like Dredd Scott.
We had to fight a war to end that bad ruling.
We need to prepare for another one apparently?

SCOTUS has also been right too!
So what's your point, Democracy is dynamic??

Memo: it is!!

You must be related to Kameltoe.
This makes no sense!

White European culture of 1500 of so, believed in burning witches because the Byzantine empire had deliberately created a culture based on religious persecution.
We are still poisoned by that evil Byzantine culture even now.
That is the anti abortion culture.
It is only by observing other cultures that one can evaluate the culture artificially imposed upon us as children.
It is only by observing as many cultures as possible, that one can nullify deliberate and harmful cultural conditioning.

Go back a post or two. You’ll see that I want a new country with a new, far different Constitution.

Had to go back 63 post to find where you are suggesting less democracy and less of a republic.
As much as I fear mobocracy, I am not sure what is better, and I definitely value a republic above all else.
A republic is the only way to protect individual rights against a mobocracy.
The idea being that no government should ever be a source of legal authority.
Instead, only inherent individual rights are the source of all legal authority.
If someone then does something unpopular but not harmful to others, no one else gets any say.

White European culture of 1500 of so, believed in burning witches because the Byzantine empire had deliberately created a culture based on religious persecution.
We are still poisoned by that evil Byzantine culture even now.
That is the anti abortion culture.
It is only by observing other cultures that one can evaluate the culture artificially imposed upon us as children.
It is only by observing as many cultures as possible, that one can nullify deliberate and harmful cultural conditioning.

What erroneous College faculty lounge indoctrinated you with this BULLSHIT!!

We already have term limits on Congress and you damn well know it. They are called elections. You don't get to decide my Congressional reps and I don't mess with yours.

A balanced budget every year would kill the economy. Lots of people make money off the national debt.

Not worth a response. Started off wrong in the trillions column, then doubled down on it

SCOTUS has also been right too!
So what's your point, Democracy is dynamic??

Memo: it is!!

When government dictates over individuals, that is not democracy or a republic.
That is autocratic.
What, when, and the value of life is a personal religious belief that has to be left to individuals to decide.
Feds, states, and municipalities have no standing.
They all need to butt out and let the individuals decide for themselves.
This was also true with alcohol and the War on Drugs.
All our layers of government are still vastly too autocratic.

A republic is the only way to protect individual rights against a mobocracy.
The idea being that no government should ever be a source of legal authority.
Instead, only inherent individual rights are the source of all legal authority.
We will disagree. I believe The People are the source of pretty much every problem in Society. That’s why I propose a system where the Constitution/Founding Documents hold all the Power and the Government exists only to carry out the processes laid out in the documents.

What erroneous College faculty lounge indoctrinated you with this BULLSHIT!!

Are you trying to claim our white, European, Christian religion did not commit mass atrocities, like burning witches, slavery, invasion, colonialism, imperialism, genocide, torture, religious bigotry, etc.?

We have gotten better since 1500 or so, but not much.
Prohibition, the War on Drugs, making prostitution illegal, etc., is all incredibly illegal in a real republic.
So we still have lots of work to do and a long way to go.

When government dictates over individuals, that is not democracy or a republic.
That is autocratic.
What, when, and the value of life is a personal religious belief that has to be left to individuals to decide.
Feds, states, and municipalities have no standing.
They all need to butt out and let the individuals decide for themselves.
This was also true with alcohol and the War on Drugs.
All our layers of government are still vastly too autocratic.

Only when things you disagree with don't go your way on a selective issue.

So grow up and ride this Democracy for better of for worse, or GTFO!!!

Interesting piece here: America Is Growing Apart, Possibly for Good

Go ahead and point the finger at the other tribe, but can we all at least agree that the phrase E Pluribus Unum no longer applies to America?

And second question, to the Republicans: You've often mentioned here that you'd like to geographically separate from those with whom you disagree. We appear to be seeing just that, as states divide themselves by intensity of religious belief and ideological dogma. Do you feel victorious about that? Vindicated?

Bonus question: Can we agree that America is no longer "exceptional"?

I disagree. I think that most of the Democrats will pull back from the edge and back toward the center.

A balanced budget every year would kill the economy. Lots of people make money off the national debt.

Rarely is an unbalanced budget productive.
It almost always causes a loss of productivity., due to the additional cost of interest.
The only time a national debt is worth it is when it pays off by increasing productivity, like investing into debt for the interstate highway system, Hoover Dam, or the St. Lawrence seaway.
Borrowing for things like the invasion of Iraq, make only a few wealthy, but cost all the rest of us dearly, and risk total destruction of the entire country through currency default.

We will disagree. I believe The People are the source of pretty much every problem in Society. That’s why I propose a system where the Constitution/Founding Documents hold all the Power and the Government exists only to carry out the processes laid out in the documents.

We then are agreeing.
A republic is where one uses the defense of inherent individual rights as the only source of legal authority.
Then once you have codified out the repercussions of what government can do in order to defend those inherent individual rights, no majority desires or opinions can change them.

Forum List

Back