Tucker Carlson Sides with Russia Over Freedom

I thought the reason that they could not join NATO was due to the rank corruption there.....You know, the Big Man's 10% and such.

Oh, and never mind that there is a large pro-Russian rebel force that controls a good chunk of territory in the eastern part of the country so why would we want them in NATO when they can't even sort their own country out?

Because that’s what the Republican Party has become.

Autocratic white grievance > freedom

Because some concerns are legitimate, regardless of who is voicing them.

If I attack a rapist who I know is a rapist walking down the street, he can claim self-defense.

If Ukraine attacks Russia before Russia launches its invasion, Russia can say Ukraine started the war.

Except Ukraine stands no chance against Russia in a war and would be foolish to attack first.

That doesn't mean Russia should launch their invasion.

Your premise is flawed.

Setting up alliance with weak countries give us nothing in return. They thought the same thing right before WW I! What if Russia did attack Ukraine? Would we really go to war with Russia over Ukraine and risk a nuclear war? Would Ukraine be worth it? Not a chance!

And Russia is not even close to going to war with Ukraine; DESPITE what the lying mainstream media says!

Is Tucker even a Republican?

I thought he was a Neo-Libertarian like Rand Paul?

and even though I dislike Putin aggression but the question is what business do we have in the Ukraine?

None of our business even though if Finland requested help or maybe Germany then yes we should help or Canada.

Oh, China is already in Mexico and Central America, so Tucker should learn this…

The Huckster loves authoritarian leaders, just like his daddy.

August 6 2021
Tucker Carlson is spending a week in Budapest,the Fox News host is celebrating the achievements of a petty Central European autocrat, Viktor Orbán.

In Hungary, the ruling party doesn’t merely influence the press. It owns the bulk of the press, and not metaphorically. This is not some subtle form of influence: A few years ago, owners, even pro-government owners, were forced to “donate” their media properties to a holding company controlled directly by people close to Orbán.
Many independent radio networks and newspapers have been forced off the air and out of business through overt and covert intervention in the advertising market. The token independent outlets, mostly websites, that have been allowed to remain are subject to stringent government surveillance.
The Hungarian government has gone so far as to use Pegasus spyware from the Israeli company NSO Group to track journalists, following their conversations, messages, and movements.

“If you care about Western civilization and democracy and families and the ferocious assault on all three of those things by the leaders of our global institutions, you should know what is happening here right now.”

Carlson meant that as a compliment of Hungary’s ways of doing things.

Or how about this quote from Carlson? “Who’s freer? If you’re an American, the answer is painful to admit.”

It’s troubling to see Carlson’s trip to Hungary, let’s not forget this: Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch is signing off on this. Fox Corp. CEO and executive chairman Lachlan Murdoch is signing off on this. Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott is signing off on this.

I'm sure his daddy did too.

The Huckster loves authoritarian leaders, just like his daddy.

August 6 2021
Tucker Carlson is spending a week in Budapest,the Fox News host is celebrating the achievements of a petty Central European autocrat, Viktor Orbán.

In Hungary, the ruling party doesn’t merely influence the press. It owns the bulk of the press, and not metaphorically. This is not some subtle form of influence: A few years ago, owners, even pro-government owners, were forced to “donate” their media properties to a holding company controlled directly by people close to Orbán.
Many independent radio networks and newspapers have been forced off the air and out of business through overt and covert intervention in the advertising market. The token independent outlets, mostly websites, that have been allowed to remain are subject to stringent government surveillance.
The Hungarian government has gone so far as to use Pegasus spyware from the Israeli company NSO Group to track journalists, following their conversations, messages, and movements.

“If you care about Western civilization and democracy and families and the ferocious assault on all three of those things by the leaders of our global institutions, you should know what is happening here right now.”

Carlson meant that as a compliment of Hungary’s ways of doing things.

Or how about this quote from Carlson? “Who’s freer? If you’re an American, the answer is painful to admit.”

It’s troubling to see Carlson’s trip to Hungary, let’s not forget this: Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch is signing off on this. Fox Corp. CEO and executive chairman Lachlan Murdoch is signing off on this. Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott is signing off on this.

I'm sure his daddy did too.

Did he give Orbán a reset button?
Promise him more flexibility after the next election?

If Biden tells him to want it, he'll want it.
Biden isn’t a cult leader so doubtful. You are too used to Trump.

I do tend to agree though with Carlson (probably the only time I’ll ever agree with that seditious worm). I totally get why Russia feels as it does. A better comparison would be to the Cuban missile crisis. I don’t think the US controls NATO membership though.

/-----/ Are you always confused by analogies? Tucker is simply explaining Putin's position, not endorsing it. GEEEZE
Tucker: Imagine if Mexico fell under the direct military control of China. We would see that as a threat. There would be no reason for that. That’s how Russia views NATO control of Ukraine and why wouldn’t they?
An analogy is used in enhancing the meaning of a composition and is also used in helping the readers in creating a visual image in their minds as well as relationships goals and connections when they would read something difficult or sensitive by comparing one thing to the other.

Last edited:

He's an isolationist probably, not a Russia supporter.

That being said his view is shortsighted, because after Ukraine the Baltic States would be next, then parts of Poland, etc.

Ukraine is our Munich moment.

Forum List

Back